X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coaches in the hot-seat

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post
    AD had a few tough years in 2011 and 2012 before hitting his stride in 2013
    Yeah, he was only 3-2 in the playoffs those years. Lucky he made it out alive. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Coaches in the hot-seat

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
      Yeah, he was only 3-2 in the playoffs those years. Lucky he made it out alive. :bulgy-eyes:
      Last edited by lleachieshusband; 08-07-2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        some realities aren't based there.
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Bobeck 30-37 Wow didn't realize that.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

3. UCO- Bobeck. I'm not sure what happens with this program. They have been referred to as the sleeping giant. Not sure why they don't kill it in Oklahoma recruiting. Always seems very talented though. One week they look like world beaters, the next they have 5 turnovers. Quick check and his record is 30-37. I would imagine he is on the hotseat.
            in fairness, I think the current staff recruits locally better than those of the past. I know it is a lot tougher for Pitt to cherry pick tulsa and OKC than it used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
              Not saying he is, but how much does Rich Wright seat get warm if and I say IF NW misses the playoffs this year?

NW finished the year losing 3 of their last 4 and losing in the first round. Add that to missing the playoffs this year and how warm does it get?

If any at all. Really just making discussion.
              Rich is one of the best coaches in D2. I don't think his seat will really ever get warm. Just my opinion. I worry more about a D1 program looking for a top notch D-Line coach.

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                Rich is one of the best coaches in D2. I don't think his seat will really ever get warm. Just my opinion. I worry more about a D1 program looking for a top notch D-Line coach.
                Head coach or position coach? Or too early to tell?

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                  Head coach or position coach? Or too early to tell?
                  In my opinion he's the top DL coach and top DC in all of D2. Head Coach, time will tell, but he has the qualities of very good HC.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    in fairness, I think the current staff recruits locally better than those of the past. I know it is a lot tougher for Pitt to cherry pick tulsa and OKC than it used to be.

Comment

That may be right.
                      Looking at their roster about 100 of 125 players are OK products.

Comment

Seems like they should clean up in OK. There is the "OK promise" where kids have the incentive to choose a school instate of Oklahoma? or maybe i misunderstand the regulations?

Comment

Rich will put a top notch "D" out there year after year. It's Charlie Flohr and Joel Osburn that will have to make that "O" tick. Last year there was no ticking.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                            Rich will put a top notch "D" out there year after year. It's Charlie Flohr and Joel Osburn that will have to make that "O" tick. Last year there was no ticking.
                            Yes there was ... but unfortunately it was the ticking of a bomb about to implode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                              Not saying he is, but how much does Rich Wright seat get warm if and I say IF NW misses the playoffs this year?

NW finished the year losing 3 of their last 4 and losing in the first round. Add that to missing the playoffs this year and how warm does it get?

If any at all. Really just making discussion.
                              With the amount of money and resources NW puts into the FB program, last year (9-3, first round playoff loss) should be the bare minimum. I don't know if his seat is hot but another season like last year or worse could turn it warm.

I don't think it's about NW fans being spoiled but when you have more resources than most (if not all) other D2 programs then there are higher expectations than just making the playoffs. Sure, there will be some tough years with injury and transition from senior-heavy to underclass teams but it should not be the norm. Somebody had the data on here a couple years ago that NW outspent every other D2 program in the country on football. That doesn't come from missing the playoffs or just making the playoffs on a yearly basis.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                                With the amount of money and resources NW puts into the FB program, last year (9-3, first round playoff loss) should be the bare minimum. I don't know if his seat is hot but another season like last year or worse could turn it warm.

I don't think it's about NW fans being spoiled but when you have more resources than most (if not all) other D2 programs then there are higher expectations than just making the playoffs. Sure, there will be some tough years with injury and transition from senior-heavy to underclass teams but it should not be the norm. Somebody had the data on here a couple years ago that NW outspent every other D2 program in the country on football. That doesn't come from missing the playoffs or just making the playoffs on a yearly basis.
                                NW won't crap can any coach unless they get sideways with that "D" Bag Jaz...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X