Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
    BigSig, does going to the GLVC make a difference to Stugart? Was part of the appeal of the job to come and coach in one of the top if not the top conference in D2?
    Oooh. Good question.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
      BigSig, does going to the GLVC make a difference to Stugart? Was part of the appeal of the job to come and coach in one of the top if not the top conference in D2?
      Obviously can't comment for him. Jed has always talked about going into a situation for the right reasons. He is a man of great faith and he understands that God's plan for him is bigger than football. That being said, he wants to win, lead, and develop his young men in ways that they discover they are capable of way more than they realize.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Oooh. Good question.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Gonna miss ya round here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
            Lol. Well played

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
              Mike Racy was just on the radio in Topeka. Lincoln has already been recalled to the MIAA for 2019 football. He did say conference is keeping options open for 2020 and beyond.
              Did Lincoln get working lights at their football field now?
              UNK Loper Football - 32 Conference Titles, 5 NCAA Playoff Appearances, 2 Harlon Hill Runner-Ups

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Poor Lincoln.
                Could this "help" NSU and MoSo?

Comment

Originally posted by Bytor View Post
                  Could this "help" NSU and MoSo?
                  Can't hurt both those teams have at least started a season 2-2 since 1980...something Lincoln just achieved this year

Comment

Is that factoring the potential end of the Lincoln-GVLC agreement?
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                      Playing conference roulette -

two teams from the GAC need to go over to the GSC (I nominate Ark-Monticello and Harding); GSC has 11 teams then. That opens up a spot to push NEO into the GAC.
                      I'd probably make LSC add Azusa Pacific, just because.

Then you'd have two 10 team conferences MIAA and LSC and two 11 team conferences GSC and GAC, and those four conferences can figure out all the fine workings of non-con scheduling between them.

While I'm at it; put C. Wash. W. OR. and Simon Fraser into the RMAC and split the RMAC into 2 divisions of 7 teams. With those 3, Dixie, Black Hills, Chadron and SD Mines. Put Colorado schools and NM High in the other.
                      I don't know if I'd split a hypothetical 14-team RMAC (including CWU, Simon Fraser and WOU from the GNAC) the way you suggested. The trips to the West Coast had to be a motivating factor in SD Mines leaving the GNAC for football in the first place in favor of the RMAC. Admittedly, splitting the RMAC is a lot easier said than done, but it's certainly doable if it's an east-west alignment other than a north-south alignment.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                        Lincoln and SW Baptist just need to get out and go full membership to the GLVC. Newman is being added to the MIAA so I'd rather stay at 11 football teams for the time being and work to elevate Newman to having football in Wichita.
                        Lincoln would have to add several core sports to meet GLVC membership requirements, if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
                          I'm not so sure that is true anymore. It was for a long time but the MIAA has had two different schools win national titles since the GLVC last won one.
                          Buzz, I'm sure "Frosty" meant that the GLVC as a conference is vastly better at basketball than football, not that the GLVC is better than the MIAA at basketball...or anything else.

of course, the football quality of the GLVC just went up astronomically with Abe's welcome departure and the football quality of the MIAA just went down abysmally with Abe's unwelcome arrival.

A pox on Mumblin' Jim!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbadbod View Post
                            Buzz, I'm sure "Frosty" meant that the GLVC as a conference is vastly better at basketball than football, not that the GLVC is better than the MIAA at basketball...or anything else.

of course, the football quality of the GLVC just went up astronomically with Abe's welcome departure and the football quality of the MIAA just went down abysmally with Abe's unwelcome arrival.

A pox on Mumblin' Jim!
                            Actually, I'd say that top-to-bottom, the GLVC is a stronger basketball league than the MIAA - for both men and women. Just my opinion. I also detailed earlier in the thread that the GLVC probably is on par (some better, some worse) than the MIAA across the board in all league-sponsored sports.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                              Actually, I'd say that top-to-bottom, the GLVC is a stronger basketball league than the MIAA - for both men and women. Just my opinion. I also detailed earlier in the thread that the GLVC probably is on par (some better, some worse) than the MIAA across the board in all league-sponsored sports.
                              LMAO.....you're adorable.....now wake up from your dream.

Comment

For all the complaining of having to play Lincoln in football, maybe Mssu should do the MIAA a favor - just play Lincoln 11 times ...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X