Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lindenwood to GLVC

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
    I think you're putting too much faith in how many HS football players have even heard of the MIAA or GLVC (besides people in the respective schools' communities, obviously). It may be a consideration for a few, but even then I'd bet its waaaaay down the list.
    maybe some, but I well new of washburn, e-state and pitt and their then conference while in high school at Lawrence. newspaper sports, tv sport reports always kept me updated.

Comment

Odd number makes non con games very tough to find because you have to find an open date every week of the season unless the NCAA decides to let teams play a game a week before everyone else starts and have a bye week later.

Comment

Living in Kansas, the MIAA is a pretty big deal but I could understand how it might not be that big of a deal for those in St. Louis or further East.

I know for FHSU, there is enough pull in the Colorado high schools to make it work for the Tigers. Those kids may live in RMAC country but they hear about the MIAA from their coaches. Again not sure that is the case East of St. Louis?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          Odd number makes non con games very tough to find because you have to find an open date every week of the season unless the NCAA decides to let teams play a game a week before everyone else starts and have a bye week later.
          I'm sure the GLIAC teams are listening. They'll have an open team every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Carlson View Post
            I think you're putting too much faith in how many HS football players have even heard of the MIAA or GLVC (besides people in the respective schools' communities, obviously). It may be a consideration for a few, but even then I'd bet its waaaaay down the list.
            I would think HS football coaches would have a bigger impact than the actual knowledge of the kids.

Comment

I'm not intimately familiar with the inner workings of the GLVC, but wasn't this move by Lindenwood made possible by the fact that one of their other schools that was supposed to come to the conference decided to stay put in D3? (I think that was floated earlier in this or another thread?) If that is the case, I would think that the GLVC wouldn't want to jettison Lincoln as a football playing school, at least not yet.

Accordingly, the MIAA has got to strike while the iron is hot: jettison NSU into wherever NSU wants to go and quickly relegate Lincoln to associate member status so that they can keep competing in everything else in the MIAA, but not have any additional football playing rights. That way we could be locked into a 10 team football conference.

As much as some posters are saying an 11 team football conference would allow one non-conference game per year, I assure everyone this would be a nightmare. So hard to schedule any decent non-conference games late in the year. If the choice is 11 team conference or 12 team with Lincoln being the 12th team, the latter is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                Not all about football, dude. The GLVC is a better basketball league, and with travel expenses, this makes a LOT of sense f/ L-wood.
                I'm not so sure that is true anymore. It was for a long time but the MIAA has had two different schools win national titles since the GLVC last won one.

Comment

Mike Racy was just on the radio in Topeka. Lincoln has already been recalled to the MIAA for 2019 football. He did say conference is keeping options open for 2020 and beyond.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                    Mike Racy was just on the radio in Topeka. Lincoln has already been recalled to the MIAA for 2019 football. He did say conference is keeping options open for 2020 and beyond.

Comment

That really sucks. It doesn't hurt SOS at least.

Comment

Poor Lincoln.

Comment

Playing conference roulette -

two teams from the GAC need to go over to the GSC (I nominate Ark-Monticello and Harding); GSC has 11 teams then. That opens up a spot to push NEO into the GAC.
                          I'd probably make LSC add Azusa Pacific, just because.

Then you'd have two 10 team conferences MIAA and LSC and two 11 team conferences GSC and GAC, and those four conferences can figure out all the fine workings of non-con scheduling between them.

While I'm at it; put C. Wash. W. OR. and Simon Fraser into the RMAC and split the RMAC into 2 divisions of 7 teams. With those 3, Dixie, Black Hills, Chadron and SD Mines. Put Colorado schools and NM High in the other.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                              Playing conference roulette -

two teams from the GAC need to go over to the GSC (I nominate Ark-Monticello and Harding); GSC has 11 teams then. That opens up a spot to push NEO into the GAC.
                              I'd probably make LSC add Azusa Pacific, just because.

Then you'd have two 10 team conferences MIAA and LSC and two 11 team conferences GSC and GAC, and those four conferences can figure out all the fine workings of non-con scheduling between them.

While I'm at it; put C. Wash. W. OR. and Simon Fraser into the RMAC and split the RMAC into 2 divisions of 7 teams. With those 3, Dixie, Black Hills, Chadron and SD Mines. Put Colorado schools and NM High in the other.
                              Please quit making sense. One of the AD's or someone from the NCAA might see this.

Comment

BigSig, does going to the GLVC make a difference to Stugart? Was part of the appeal of the job to come and coach in one of the top if not the top conference in D2?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X