Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NWMSU vs PSU GAME THREAD --- Oct. 6th, 2018

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
    And consider West Florida and West Georgia as well. GSC is very strong this year.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
      There wasn't anything magical about that game. NW was simply better.

However NW isn't near the team of a few years ago. Last years team and this years team have been teams I've come away from the game thinking they don't have a shot at the NC. NW has slipped back quiet a bit.
      No one from NW has said they have a NC caliber team. This team is young.

Comment

Wel, UWF has West Georgia at home next week, so well, see.
        They looked pretty good taking care of UNA, and coming back to win it.
        <>

Comment

This NW team may not have D1 caliber guys on it like the Florida twins or Bevins, but they are a really good football team. We Bearcats have ridiculous expectations. It's been that way for a while and going 55-2 over a 4 year period made it that much worse. It's a D2 team. There will be flaws. Personally, I see a team that has the inside track to win the MIAA and return to the POs. I'll take that for a team with a frosh QB and youth playing across the board. 2005 cemented for me that a team can get hot and make a run if they can reach the playoffs.

Comment

Game was hard to watch. I just hope it's the wake up call and Beck finally sees what has been obvious to everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
              This NW team may not have D1 caliber guys on it like the Florida twins or Bevins, but they are a really good football team. We Bearcats have ridiculous expectations. It's been that way for a while and going 55-2 over a 4 year period made it that much worse. It's a D2 team. There will be flaws. Personally, I see a team that has the inside track to win the MIAA and return to the POs. I'll take that for a team with a frosh QB and youth playing across the board. 2005 cemented for me that a team can get hot and make a run if they can reach the playoffs.
              What NW was so good at prior to the "we won the player lottery" years was putting it all together and peaking at playoff time. That was always more impressive to me than anything else.

Comment

To be clear, NW was a crap ton better than Pitt yesterday.. Congrats to NW on a convincing win.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverGreen View Post
                  Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                    To be clear, NW was a crap ton better than Pitt yesterday.. Congrats to NW on a convincing win.
                    we were meh and pitt was atrocious yday. i am guessing they are typically better than they showed.

this concludes the breakdown.
                    Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                      I don't think the drop off is just NW. There's clearly a drop off in the MIAA and nationally. I honestly don't think the MIAA has a top 10 team. That's anecdotal and based solely on what I've watched and experienced in the past. I was asked yesterday to name 10 teams I thought were better than NW. I could only come up with maybe 8. In the past, I would say the top 10 in D2 were the top 10 and there was a clear drop off after that. That mark may have narrowed to top 5-7 or 8 and then clear drop off?
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

This loss could make or break pitt. Will be interesting to see which.

Comment

This loss could make or break pitt. Will be interesting to see which.
                          It most certainly could. Especially if the MIAA doesn't send more than one team to the playoffs.

Comment

• Comment

Game was hard to watch. I just hope it's the wake up call and Beck finally sees what has been obvious to everyone else.
                              Or maybe as so many Pitt posters have said, it that it finally wakes up the Uppers at Pitt and decides that maybe Beck is not head coaching material, especially at Pitt.

Comment

That 3rd and 4th quarters were extremely painful to watch. Both teams slipped into the darkness of the crappy twilight zone, but congrats to Pitt for not getting blanked...(too soon?)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X