Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SR3 Regional Rankings Week 9

10-1 is.9091, so they would be behind the 1 loss teams and ahead of the 2 loss teams

Comment

Originally posted by voicefromthestands View Post
      I expect that the NCAA will put off any penalties until after the playoffs.
      I am so frustrated with that possibility. Many might accuse me of bias, but I suspect the penalties imposed won't impact GV all that much. However, I think it's an absolute joke for both the GLIAC and NCAA to take more than a couple of weeks to determine the penalty for playing with an ineligible player. This is not a complicated issue. It's pretty much written as to what penalty would be imposed. And truthfully, isn't best for all parties for this to be closed out as soon as possible? The school can't like this cloud hanging over them and more than a handful of other institutions also want this resolved ASAP. And really, what good is having an enforcement AFTER the regular season when there are weeks available to decide things during such season?

Come on NCAA and GLIAC, make the call so that we can all move on.

Now if there is a resulting more in depth investigation on related issues, fair enough, but the initial infraction can still be adjudicated ASAP to at least implement whatever action may or may not be taken.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        I am so frustrated with that possibility. Many might accuse me of bias, but I suspect the penalties imposed won't impact GV all that much. However, I think it's an absolute joke for both the GLIAC and NCAA to take more than a couple of weeks to determine the penalty for playing with an ineligible player. This is not a complicated issue. It's pretty much written as to what penalty would be imposed. And truthfully, isn't best for all parties for this to be closed out as soon as possible? The school can't like this cloud hanging over them and more than a handful of other institutions also want this resolved ASAP. And really, what good is having an enforcement AFTER the regular season when there are weeks available to decide things during such season?

Come on NCAA and GLIAC, make the call so that we can all move on.

Now if there is a resulting more in depth investigation on related issues, fair enough, but the initial infraction can still be adjudicated ASAP to at least implement whatever action may or may not be taken.
        If they know nothing will happen until after the season is it even a cloud. If I was Ferris and not expecting any penalty or off season penalty then I wouldn't care much. Your recruits will already have been out, and say they make a deep playoff run, no one is going to care that the wins don't count or etc.. they still made the run and that's what the kids and recruits and fans will remember.

Comment

Have any of the spreadsheet crew ran Ferris' sos #'s through with the penalties yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
            If they know nothing will happen until after the season is it even a cloud. If I was Ferris and not expecting any penalty or off season penalty then I wouldn't care much. Your recruits will already have been out, and say they make a deep playoff run, no one is going to care that the wins don't count or etc.. they still made the run and that's what the kids and recruits and fans will remember.
            Who is "they?" And if it's the school, how would they know? As for recruits, etc, you may be right...but some of the higher pursued ones may look elsewhere if that cloud remains. Then again, if it's a win at any cost thing....I give.

Comment

Seems like such a dumb thing to jeopardize a great season for a " Give him a few plays in mop up time" caliber of player. I have to think it was an oversight. If so, some people need to be job hunting over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Seems like such a dumb thing to jeopardize a great season for a " Give him a few plays in mop up time" caliber of player. I have to think it was an oversight. If so, some people need to be job hunting over it.
                True, that came up many a time. So why should a school risk playing an ineligible with that type of player in the first place? The thing is, the written penalty doesn't indicate the type of ineligible player, only the penalty for playing one that is ineligible.. Still, if that's the call, so be it.. but make that call. And trust me, TA knew he was pushing the envelope. And no one has yet offered an explanation as to what happened that the school changed their mind. It's not that they didn't know he went to multiple schools or were not aware of the 4/4/4 rule. And even if they weren't, ignorance is no reason for breaking the rule. It was broke, pay the price, move on.

But, I don't want to get into the penalty (well I do, but there's to much baggage on that issue)... I do want to get into the timing of making the determination. If it's nothing, announce it and move on. Don't leave it hanging out there for speculation and innuendos. I mean how long did it take the school to state that they broke the rules? A few weeks, if that?

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Have any of the spreadsheet crew ran Ferris' sos #'s through with the penalties yet?
                  Sorry Primate... I haven't had time for my spreadsheet this entire season...
                  Maybe I can find some time next weekend to at least have it up for the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                    I do want to get into the timing of making the determination. If it's nothing, announce it and move on. Don't leave it hanging out there for speculation and innuendos.
                    This was basically my original point. Just be forthright with everybody on what will happen (in short acknowledge it) so the rest can move forward and ensure the integrity of the division.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X