Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JurisBearcat View Post
    Meh, we won. Get better each week, and do it again. Too early to tell if last night was an indicator of any thing to come.
    This. Conti nous improvement is what NW has done better than anyone during their run.

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Did the oline regress?
        No - they did pretty well against a very good MW Dline
        Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

No - they did pretty well against a very good MW Dline
          I thought the 0-line played pretty darn good game. MO West pretty darn good d-line.

Comment

Comment

How do you know there is more than one read on a play?

Comment

The "Mahomes effect" is an epidemic in hs and college.

Comment

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post
                  QB coach can coach him out of the tendency.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

How do you know there is more than one read on a play?

Comment

Comment

Well, I left that game thinking Wright looked exactly like he did the 2nd half of last season. He had me singing his praise on the bomb in the 1st quarter and the juke he put on #22 in the 4th on an important drive. Otherwise, I was cussing - wondering why his footwork was so bad, how he can't make the easy throw or if he's seeing the field. He isn't the typical NW QB that can beat you with his arm and decision-making.
                        I think the NW offense has potential. Rankin could make our play-action game deadly. #19 looks to be a playmaker at WR. TEs blocked really well and caught the ball when thrown to. Time will tell if we have the QB to pull it all together.
                        I'm going to hold off on evaluating the defense. Losing three starters in the secondary makes it hard to judge. Throw in a couple of young LBs getting their first starts. Athletically, I like the group but we have to do a better job of tackling and not blowing assignments.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere. NW brought a ton of fans, the jumbo board was cool, the pavilion is a nice addition. Concessions were a hot mess. They ran out of water, gatorade, nacho trays in the 1st quarter. There were two lines but the left line did NOT take cash. Unfortunately, you didn't know that until you waited in line for 20min and they told you as you tried to place an order.

Fingers crossed our secondary gets healthy (Gassman made such a great diving play on 3rd down from the safety spot) and the team plays fundamentally sound in Week 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post
                          Well, I left that game thinking Wright looked exactly like he did the 2nd half of last season. He had me singing his praise on the bomb in the 1st quarter and the juke he put on #22 in the 4th on an important drive. Otherwise, I was cussing - wondering why his footwork was so bad, how he can't make the easy throw or if he's seeing the field. He isn't the typical NW QB that can beat you with his arm and decision-making.
                          I think the NW offense has potential. Rankin could make our play-action game deadly. #19 looks to be a playmaker at WR. TEs blocked really well and caught the ball when thrown to. Time will tell if we have the QB to pull it all together.
                          I'm going to hold off on evaluating the defense. Losing three starters in the secondary makes it hard to judge. Throw in a couple of young LBs getting their first starts. Athletically, I like the group but we have to do a better job of tackling and not blowing assignments.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere. NW brought a ton of fans, the jumbo board was cool, the pavilion is a nice addition. Concessions were a hot mess. They ran out of water, gatorade, nacho trays in the 1st quarter. There were two lines but the left line did NOT take cash. Unfortunately, you didn't know that until you waited in line for 20min and they told you as you tried to place an order.

Fingers crossed our secondary gets healthy (Gassman made such a great diving play on 3rd down from the safety spot) and the team plays fundamentally sound in Week 2.
                          Agree 100%

I'm going to give BW another game before I start calling for his replacement. Hopefully it was just first game jitters that caused him to forget his mechanics training. If not - then he has regressed and should be better utilized in the Randy Schmidt gadget RB/QB role. I realize that Kowalski isn't the runner that BW is - but I don't believe that he's the pure pocket passer that Zach Martin was either. With the stable of RB's that NW has - even Martin could be successful! The RB's can easily #establishtherun and Kowalski can better utilize the WR corps. But like I said - I'm going to give BW another chance to show that he's improved. Otherwise, he's gotta go. After all - they gotta win #whateverittakes

Comment

Just so you know, I am thinking you are correct. Felt like the game was being played at a high rate of speed for our 2nd year QB, hopefully, the game will slow down for him and he will start making those reads. Perhaps it was first game jitters, but they need to get it fixed in order to have the QB that we all expect and look for.

Comment

"Free kowalski" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

But please tell me his first name is Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                                "Free kowalski" doesn't really roll off the tongue.

But please tell me his first name is Mike.
                                Silly monkey....you forgot the #....

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X