Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looked at the ESU site. I like how their "history" starts at 2011. Still kind of a neat feature. ESU has won 2 shootouts where they scored 40 plus in that time and lost the rest while being held between 10 and 17 points each time.

Comment

I think the series is 60-34-2 or something like that all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Also I rarely eat pizza. When I do, it's usually woodfired with anchovies and an authentic sauce.
        What the heck is Authentic Sauce...is that just fancy talk for Pizza Sauce...#lifeistoocomplicated

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

What the heck is Authentic Sauce...is that just fancy talk for Pizza Sauce...#lifeistoocomplicated
          Just a real sauce, made fresh with actual spices. Not some mass produced, chemically concocted, chef boyardee leftover ooze.

Comment

Reload has made this the most boring trash talk thread in history. In other news, Sammy Watkins looked really good yesterday.

Comment

I forgot reload is the Only ESU poster left who posts.

Comment

I forgot reload is the Only ESU poster left who posts.
                Just the only one that trash talks. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

Just the only one that trash talks. :wink:
                  Yeah. I like winding him up, but he seems too busy this week.

Comment

Roll Chos!

Comment

Reload has made this the most boring trash talk thread in history. In other news, Sammy Watkins looked really good yesterday.

Comment

Random thoughts:

WIll be interesting to see if the veer can work against a fast defense like ESU has. All of the backs have to get better on the block when they aren't getting the ball.

Playing keep away from ESU has worked well the last couple of years. Last year, even though Pitt held the ball for 40+minutes, ESU did well against the run for 3 quarters, but got burned over the top by Roderique, so this will be really interesting. Mlekus isn't going to hurt anyone through the air, so ESU can stack the box like mad, although the veer will take away a lot of the TFL's ESU got on the run blitz last year. When Mak is in, they will be able to come after him unless they add a ton more running to his sets. Makes me wonder if we won't see Harman getting a lot more snaps than he did last week since he can run the veer and pass.

On the other side, Pitt tried to stop the pass and Nault got a ton of yards last year. Will be interesting to see how Pitt schemes them this year.

Comment

Was it last year that it got rain delayed? Or two years ago.

Comment

Random thoughts:

WIll be interesting to see if the veer can work against a fast defense like ESU has. All of the backs have to get better on the block when they aren't getting the ball.

Playing keep away from ESU has worked well the last couple of years. Last year, even though Pitt held the ball for 40+minutes, ESU did well against the run for 3 quarters, but got burned over the top by Roderique, so this will be really interesting. Mlekus isn't going to hurt anyone through the air, so ESU can stack the box like mad, although the veer will take away a lot of the TFL's ESU got on the run blitz last year. When Mak is in, they will be able to come after him unless they add a ton more running to his sets. Makes me wonder if we won't see Harman getting a lot more snaps than he did last week since he can run the veer and pass.

On the other side, Pitt tried to stop the pass and Nault got a ton of yards last year. Will be interesting to see how Pitt schemes them this year.
                            I'm not expecting to see more Harman. You might be overstating it asserting that he can run the veer and pass.

My guess is we get the turnovers cleaned up, Mlekus throws it slightly more and slightly better, Mak plays a little more and has some more run game mixed into his sets and the offense rolls. The defense is a bigger concern for me, but like you said, playing keep away has just devastated ESU the past two years. Hopefully that keeps going.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                              Was it last year that it got rain delayed? Or two years ago.
                              Two years ago. However, if you eliminate the rain delay, the two games were pretty similar.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

I'm not expecting to see more Harman. You might be overstating it asserting that he can run the veer and pass.

My guess is we get the turnovers cleaned up, Mlekus throws it slightly more and slightly better, Mak plays a little more and has some more run game mixed into his sets and the offense rolls. The defense is a bigger concern for me, but like you said, playing keep away has just devastated ESU the past two years. Hopefully that keeps going.
                                I am hoping the ball security gets fixed. I'm sure Sexton could run just as well as Harman, but looked like a pretty decent passer. I am sure he is the solid #2 right now until Bradbury gets back.

I would really hate wasting the scholarship on Sexton (if he is a scholarship kid) if the kid can play consistently like he did last Thursday, and we aren't utilizing him...

Wouldn't blame him at all if he sought a transfer, however according to his interview yesterday, he seemed to really love Pitt.
                                Last edited by GorillaTeacher; 09-10-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X