Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Both Pitt games were fairly full, but not overflowing at all.I would say the numbers were maybe 10% inflated by seats sold but not filled. I have seen it much worse with games listed as sold out, but the stadium half empty.

Leave a comment:

• TigerAlum
    replied
    How much of these numbers are tickets sold and not actual attendance?

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk Juco Guy
    replied
    Week Three Attendance Figures
    Home Team Visiting Team Attendance
    Pittsburg State Northeastern State 9080
    Washburn Fort Hays State 6419
    Missouri Southern Northwest Missouri 5647
    Missouri Western Central Missouri 5208
    Emporia State Nebraska-Kearney 4087
    Central Oklahoma Lincoln 3618

Yearly Totals
    School Total Attendance Avg Attendance
    Pittsburg State (2 games) 17677 8839
    Missouri Western (2 games) 14091 7046
    Washburn (2 games) 12710 6355
    Missouri Southern (2 games) 11392 5696
    Emporia State (2 games) 8948 4474
    Central Oklahoma (2 games) 8400 4200
    Central Missouri 7896 7896
    Nebraska-Kearney 6475 6475
    Northwest Missouri 6198 6198
    Fort Hays State 4432 4432
    Lincoln 2800 2800
    Northeastern State 2518 2518

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Could it be that the act of having to go to the cashiering office to pick up a physical ticket, meant that the students were more 'vested' in actually going to the game - than just clicking on an app? I don't know - just posing a question.
    The causation of being vested in going to the game is still there. People wouldn't have gone to the cashier's office if they weren't already intending to go to the game.

Leave a comment:

• BearcatDude
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    I think the new system limited student attendance for the WU game...hopefully the students will adapt to it
    Could it be that the act of having to go to the cashiering office to pick up a physical ticket, meant that the students were more 'vested' in actually going to the game - than just clicking on an app? I don't know - just posing a question.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    WOnder who the schools are selling the app info to?

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    I think the new system limited student attendance for the WU game...hopefully the students will adapt to it
    This is nothing new for students these days. Almost any entertainment event these days use e-tickets... I imagine it had less impact on student attendance, than the impact of the opponent.

Now if the university didn't get the word out well enough, that's a different story. Still, the students that would have gone to the cashiers office to get a ticket would have been told they do it online now, would surely have gone online to get it.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BearcatDude
    replied
    Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
    More at the UNK game than the NW game...sad, but heard the NW students no longer get free tickets, so I'm guessing this is new norm...
    Not true

https://www.nwmissourinews.com/sport...17732e8af.html

Leave a comment:

• GoCatsGo5
    replied
    More at the UNK game than the NW game...sad, but heard the NW students no longer get free tickets, so I'm guessing this is new norm...

Leave a comment:

• Jayhawk Juco Guy
    replied
    Week 2 Attendance Figures
    Home Team Visiting Team Attendance
    Pittsburg State Emporia State 8597
    Nebraska-Kearney Central Oklahoma 6475
    Northwest Missouri St Washburn 6198
    Fort Hays State Missouri Western 4432
    Lincoln Missouri Southern 2800
    Northeastern State Central Missouri 2518

Leave a comment:

• Gorilla John 92
    replied
    The "Get The Red Out" Street Fair did occur last Thursday like it has for a number of years on the opening Thursday night game. Even with that, the crowd was not as good as many would have liked.

Leave a comment:

• MEAN GREEN MACHINE
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I rarely attended a game in college. I had a friend who lived across the street. A bunch of us would drag the furniture and the keg out on the lawn and listen to the game.
    I rarely attended a game in college either. Now I rarely miss attending a home game. Attended a lot of keg parties though.

Leave a comment:

• Donkeydamus
    replied
    UCM had 7,900 for the Thursday home opener against Ft. Hays. The students hanging out at the keg parties definitely hurt the attendance. We had 10,400 when the Mules opened at home on a Thursday (2017) against Pitt State. Part of that was Pitt bringing a good number of fans, but also I don't recall there being any huge student keg parties close by that would have affected the student attendance.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Well across the street and down about a block.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X