Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    I think the new system limited student attendance for the WU game...hopefully the students will adapt to it
    Could it be that the act of having to go to the cashiering office to pick up a physical ticket, meant that the students were more 'vested' in actually going to the game - than just clicking on an app? I don't know - just posing a question.
    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Could it be that the act of having to go to the cashiering office to pick up a physical ticket, meant that the students were more 'vested' in actually going to the game - than just clicking on an app? I don't know - just posing a question.
      The causation of being vested in going to the game is still there. People wouldn't have gone to the cashier's office if they weren't already intending to go to the game.

Comment

Week Three Attendance Figures
        Home Team Visiting Team Attendance
        Pittsburg State Northeastern State 9080
        Washburn Fort Hays State 6419
        Missouri Southern Northwest Missouri 5647
        Missouri Western Central Missouri 5208
        Emporia State Nebraska-Kearney 4087
        Central Oklahoma Lincoln 3618

Yearly Totals
        School Total Attendance Avg Attendance
        Pittsburg State (2 games) 17677 8839
        Missouri Western (2 games) 14091 7046
        Washburn (2 games) 12710 6355
        Missouri Southern (2 games) 11392 5696
        Emporia State (2 games) 8948 4474
        Central Oklahoma (2 games) 8400 4200
        Central Missouri 7896 7896
        Nebraska-Kearney 6475 6475
        Northwest Missouri 6198 6198
        Fort Hays State 4432 4432
        Lincoln 2800 2800
        Northeastern State 2518 2518

Comment

How much of these numbers are tickets sold and not actual attendance?

Comment

Both Pitt games were fairly full, but not overflowing at all.I would say the numbers were maybe 10% inflated by seats sold but not filled. I have seen it much worse with games listed as sold out, but the stadium half empty.

Comment

NSU was family day, so probably 20K in the parking lot, but 8k in the seats to start the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                Both Pitt games were fairly full, but not overflowing at all.I would say the numbers were maybe 10% inflated by seats sold but not filled. I have seen it much worse with games listed as sold out, but the stadium half empty.
                LL had quite a few empty seats for the ESU game, but I couldn't really see how full the rest of the stadium was on the visitor side. Home side was quite full.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

LL had quite a few empty seats for the ESU game, but I couldn't really see how full the rest of the stadium was on the visitor side. Home side was quite full.
                  On another note. They are trying some new thing to entice the students to sit in the crappy end zone seats. I assume so they can make more cash selling the permanent seats to people who don't show up. I hope it fails. Student section behind the opposing bench is a huge part of the atmosphere.

Comment

NSU was family day, so probably 20K in the parking lot, but 8k in the seats to start the game.
                    Plus the crappy weather throughout the day and sub prime time quality opponent likely hurt attendance. If this game was against NWMSU, or UCM, 10k plus, easily.

Comment

On another note. They are trying some new thing to entice the students to sit in the crappy end zone seats. I assume so they can make more cash selling the permanent seats to people who don't show up. I hope it fails. Student section behind the opposing bench is a huge part of the atmosphere.
                      Except they aren't selling seats in the student section, they filled it with the band. I think its to cover up waning attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Except they aren't selling seats in the student section, they filled it with the band. I think its to cover up waning attendance.
                        I noticed the band was back close to where they used to be. I thought the conference made an anti-Pitt State band rule that didn't allow them to sit there anymore?

Comment

I had thought the same thing.

Comment

I was at the FHSU @ CM game and there were a lot of people but I don't think nearly 8,000. I was not able to go to the FHSU @ WU game (stated attendance of 6,400) but watched it and the visitors side was very empty which in years past has included student seats and they were very empty. I have attended games at WU before for many different sports and numbers always seem very high!

Comment

I agree. NW moved the Student Section down one section last year, or maybe the year before. Who knows if the students even cared. Knowing that I was a student who voted to for the added fee to pay for those bleachers, and now the best seats aren't going to the students - that's frustrating. Of course the Admin waited long enough for there to be no chance that any student who was around back then to make that change - Even Psycho has left!
                              Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

As we walked into game I prob saw 50 students leaving tailgate and going home and not game. Plus at least 1500 still tailgating . And it was mid first quarter when we walked in . It's just how it is .

It's a shame because it's the best atmosphere I would rather go to a d2 game any day and Pitt has best I've seen out of 8 different places game day experiences and most were homecoming.
                                1Lots of fans
                                2 great tailgate
                                3 great stadium
                                4. On campus stadium
                                5 friendly fans

2nd time I've been to Pitt state and my group brought a new person who was just impressed by it.

I wouldn't worry about students they will come back as alum and keep it going

?????

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X