Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Columnist

Yeah, I'm calling you out but it's not over what you wrote but listing players and not getting names correct. You know each team has a roster on the schools website, right?

It's not Mark Sexton but Mak Sexton. It's not Brandon Miekus but Brandon Mlekus.

Just so you know.

You can definitely tell he is a radio guy...

Comment

OMG typos
      Oh the humanity - LOL. You know what he meant right? Heck I've seen SID's who get paid to put stuff out have more errors.
      Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
        Yeah, I'm calling you out but it's not over what you wrote but listing players and not getting names correct. You know each team has a roster on the schools website, right?

It's not Mark Sexton but Mak Sexton. It's not Brandon Miekus but Brandon Mlekus.

Just so you know.
        So which is it, Brandon Miekus or Brandon Miekus?

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
          OMG typos
          Oh the humanity - LOL. You know what he meant right? Heck I've seen SID's who get paid to put stuff out have more errors.
          It would certainly be forgivable if it were the first time and hasn't been addressed.

Pitts SID is awful, however...

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

You realize the second letter of the last name is an "L".

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

I was taking it tongue in cheek. Maybe Mlekus will became a name universally recognizable because of the win streak that is coming to PSU....

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

It would certainly be forgivable if it were the first time and hasn't been addressed.

Pitts SID is awful, however...
                To be fair - at least Pitt has an SID, as do all the MIAA schools that I know of. Most D2 SIDs are way over worked. Last I knew of, UMKC did NOT have an SID - they only used students to fill the role. Talk about a joke of an athletic department.
                Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

oops old eyes, my bad

Comment

To be fair - at least Pitt has an SID, as do all the MIAA schools that I know of. Most D2 SIDs are way over worked. Last I knew of, UMKC did NOT have an SID - they only used students to fill the role. Talk about a joke of an athletic department.
                    I feel like one of the communications department classes could probably handle it as weekly projects for the kids. Good writing practice, research. And they probably would be into it...

Comment

Originally posted by Thepeman View Post

Go find your glasses

Comment

OMG typos

Comment

I feel like one of the communications department classes could probably handle it as weekly projects for the kids. Good writing practice, research. And they probably would be into it...

Horribly uninformed take. Collegiate athletic media relations directors and sports information directors are hideously overworked and underpaid. To suggest a student could / should do it is stupid, frankly.

This would be an accurate representation of having students do what professionals do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O230Wr9P1U

Regarding the columnist, I suppose you'll take anybody when no one is available. No analysis ... no thought - just regurgitation. Thank goodness for Jesse and MIAA Weekly.

Comment

OMG typos
                            Nothing wrong with helping him get it right.

Comment

Basing it on the quality of student announcers, I think it would be a pretty bad product.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X