Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about 6 man. I know 8 man. I played 8 man for 6 years. I know those rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      I also like at small schools when you see the handful of players veer off from the locker room and head over to play in the band at halftime.
      As it should be. Pep Band is usually graded and required as a part of class, not voluntary, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Talking about 6 man. I know 8 man. I played 8 man for 6 years. I know those rules.
        OK, that wasn't clear.

Comment

I was googling 6 man and saw some schools were running 7 and 9 player teams instead of 6 or 8.
          Well. That's odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Well. That's odd.
            I find it extremely odd that PP was googling 6 men...weird.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

I find it extremely odd that PP was googling 6 men...weird.
              It's Friday, of course I was.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                OMG typos
                Oh the humanity - LOL. You know what he meant right? Heck I've seen SID's who get paid to put stuff out have more errors.
                Gene Cassel at WU makes a pretty media guide but it is awful with errors!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post

Horribly uninformed take. Collegiate athletic media relations directors and sports information directors are hideously overworked and underpaid. To suggest a student could / should do it is stupid, frankly.

This would be an accurate representation of having students do what professionals do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O230Wr9P1U

Regarding the columnist, I suppose you'll take anybody when no one is available. No analysis ... no thought - just regurgitation. Thank goodness for Jesse and MIAA Weekly.
                  Idk if there is a person out there that works over 40 hours a week that doesn't complain they are overworked or underpaid.

Students absolutely could help for credit. It's cross referencing box scores and spell check. All it takes is caring and not being a dumbfuq

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post

Idk if there is a person out there that works over 40 hours a week that doesn't complain they are overworked or underpaid.

Students absolutely could help for credit. It's cross referencing box scores and spell check. All it takes is caring and not being a dumbfuq

No offense, but that's a "dumbfuq" take. The Sports Information Departments are entire media departments, requiring expertise and experience in video production, social media, copy writing, graphic design, and game management. But sure, turn that all over to students. They can help, but the majority of the heavy lifting is left to one person in an MIAA-type institution.

Comment

Game management?

Comment

Also Didn't Frosty used to be a MoSo fan?

Comment

Give the kid a break. Don't think I can read the daily newspaper or watch a local newscast without noticing errors or misspelled words. And those people are paid professionals

Comment

Also Didn't Frosty used to be a MoSo fan?
                            Still is.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post

No offense, but that's a "dumbfuq" take. The Sports Information Departments are entire media departments, requiring expertise and experience in video production, social media, copy writing, graphic design, and game management. But sure, turn that all over to students. They can help, but the majority of the heavy lifting is left to one person in an MIAA-type institution.
                              I guess it's a tough pill to swallow. Your job isn't above average hard and isn't high stakes. There is no pressure. You screw up a week, a couple people care, the school doesn't lose money.

Also, MIAA blogger, get the damn names right. Growing pains, you aren't total *****t, just double check

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X