Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah Bill was friends with Fritz. That was his whole thing. He would get all butthurt when people bagged on Fritz.

Comment

• he claimed to he both at the time as i recall but looking back all things considered not so much
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post

Actually Tennessee and has an interesting police record
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Uhh, back to FB. Random thoughts about Pitt Vs NW: When was the last time a Northwest QB had more yards rushing than passing in a game? Wright had 102 yards passing and 156 rushing.
          Glad to see NW remembered that they had a big, sure handed tight end. Weird to see NW honor the refs before the game by giving them all ceremonial Footballs. Seems to have worked, only two penalties, face mask for 30 yards. Other than the two PF's, NW was clean, No holding, or PI, or even an off sides or delay of game. Pitt seemed content to run clock with their veer offense with QB crouched down behind the center for what seemed like an eternity before the ball was snapped. NW front seven held Pitt to 87 yards rushing. Why did it take Pitt so long to give up the run and pick on NW's cornerbacks? NW offense took the entire third quarter off, luckily Pitt's did too.

Comment

• Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
            Uhh, back to FB. Random thoughts about Pitt Vs NW: When was the last time a Northwest QB had more yards rushing than passing in a game? Wright had 102 yards passing and 156 rushing.
            Glad to see NW remembered that they had a big, sure handed tight end. Weird to see NW honor the refs before the game by giving them all ceremonial Footballs. Seems to have worked, only two penalties, face mask for 30 yards. Other than the two PF's, NW was clean, No holding, or PI, or even an off sides or delay of game. Pitt seemed content to run clock with their veer offense with QB crouched down behind the center for what seemed like an eternity before the ball was snapped. NW front seven held Pitt to 87 yards rushing. Why did it take Pitt so long to give up the run and pick on NW's cornerbacks? NW offense took the entire third quarter off, luckily Pitt's did too.
            Obviously Pitt was out coached again. Your questions are simple to answer.
            Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              VP seemed like he was genuinely angry, at everything.
              Really? How would you even know? His incoherent rants suggested he'd just polished off a 5th of Old Crow and forgot to put his reading glasses on before firing off a reply.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• He appeared to me to be lined up almost 8 yards deep for the snap--I wouldn't quite call that a normal shotgun formation. I agree it was a really great play design/call, especially since the holder/kicker shifting out to the left drew all of the trick-play attention away from Andrews, even though he was obviously the biggest threat there.

Comment

• i can't post in there much. i can barely read it. if you have any criticism, that isn't the place to voice it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

He appeared to me to be lined up almost 8 yards deep for the snap--I wouldn't quite call that a normal shotgun formation. I agree it was a really great play design/call, especially since the holder/kicker shifting out to the left drew all of the trick-play attention away from Andrews, even though he was obviously the biggest threat there.

Comment

• That game had a fake run that turned into a pretty wide open TD pass from a backup QB (Ramsey Hamilton), but it wasn't on a 4th down play. We did punt with Abenoja in a 7-8 yard extended shotgun a number of times in his years, but I don't remember any successful fakes where the misdirection seemed to create the opening.

Comment

• Was it smith? I was thinking he used to punt sometimes

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

That game had a fake run that turned into a pretty wide open TD pass from a backup QB (Ramsey Hamilton), but it wasn't on a 4th down play. We did punt with Abenoja in a 7-8 yard extended shotgun a number of times in his years, but I don't remember any successful fakes where the misdirection seemed to create the opening.

Comment

• The position on the field screamed fake, but I think they were 100% worried about Hohensee running it and not throwing it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X