X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by bearcat84 View Post

good game running it though
      also should temper my thoughts because listening to Coffey its hard to really know what is going on with receiver routes

Comment

Sexton channels his inner BW and throws a terrible pass on the run. Easy INT and the Bearcats kneel to end the game.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by catbacker07; 10-12-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dang Pitt!

Comment

Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

That O is straight out of a cracker jack box.
                      Not just the O but the coaching staff as well. Neither has a prize in the box either.

Comment

I thought the first half was one of the better halves NW has played this season. Play-calling was creative, aggressive and maximized the strength of our skill players. The coaches are realizing that Wright cannot carry a team with his arm but he can RUN. He's just too inconsistent at this point in his career. I don't know if the defense played well or Pitt's attempt at the veer offense was the magic we needed. Either way, the D-Line played an "A" game today. Gassman back at safety is HUGE.
                        The second half was one of the most boring halves of football I've seen in awhile. Execution was terrible for both teams offensively. It was the battle of who could have the most 3-in-outs. Fortunately for NW, Pitt didn't have much fight left and we were allowed to fumble thru the half and finish with a 21pt win.

Earlier in the year, I made the comment that I didn't expect much from NW this season nationally. I'm seeing growth and realize that I'm just being a spoiled fan. Trying to enjoy the "W" instead of being overly critical of this team. 6-0 isn't a terrible spot to be. QB play is the wildcard and the defense is growing.
                        Last edited by Bearcat97; 10-12-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

The smoke has been blown away and the mirrors have been broken when it comes to this Pitt football team. Not that is surprising at all, it just goes to show just how bad the teams have been Pitt has played before this game. Combine record was 6-16 with the most wins by any one team is 2. I expected a loss before this game but this is what I expected the offense to look like and what I expect it to be in the next 4 games.

This is Tim Beck football. Soft and unimaginative.

Two plays describes this game and the two programs.

First is the fake FG NW did. Late in the 2nd quarter they come out in fg formation, switch and go for a first down and what does Pitt do? Scramble around and instead of calling a timeout they let the play go and NW scores a TD. Bonehead should have called a TO and gather his team and get them prepared. What was he saving the TOs for? He never used them in the first have.

That brings me to the other play. Pitt gets the ball around the 35 or so and with 37 seconds left in the first half and ALL 3 TIMEOUTS left and they kneel! No guts, no balls. Yet another Bonehead exclusive. And he takes the timeouts with him to the locker room.

Bonehead Beck is done, he is just waiting on retirement. There is no more fire in him, just watch the 10 second clips they have on media day on TV. Monotone and dull.

NW didn't really impress. Wright is scared of contact and not a great passer. RBs really didn't show much but with Wright running over the defense they really didn't need to.

Pitt Defense gave up big plays just like the last few years and allowed NW to go over 80 yard drives twice and I believe in a 2 play drive and a 4 play drive. Nate is young but his defense is still giving up big plays and quick scores. Plus what didn't he adjust and put a spy on Wright? It didn't take a genius to figure out he was going to run the ball.

Oh well. This has become so common it no longer bothers me. The only solution is cleaning house of this staff and forming a committee and doing a real search for a good coach and let him bring his staff aboard. But, President Scott will probably do what he did last time and just give it to someone in house. He can go with the staff too for all I care.

Comment

That was a beating. Congrats to NW on the win.

Comment

PItt has Multi-Offense Personality Disorder. That was some of the worst crap I have seen or sat through. At what point is it good for a QB to wind up like No. 5 does for Pitt... Not saying that Wright couldn't throw any better. Non of the QB's today had stellar play.

Comment

Imo, The season would have been much better spent picking a qb and letting him develop.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X