Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Getting a playoff spot is the incentive. As discussed, make a non con game a requirement for a playoff spot and it happens.
    That isn't an incentive. That is a punishment.

The NCAA isn't going to require teams to (potentially) travel more when they are leading the effort to reduce costs themselves. Counter intuitive. It is left for the conferences to decide.

Comment

I truly think that the quality of the teams in the MIAA has dipped due to playing in the silo.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post

That isn't an incentive. That is a punishment.

The NCAA isn't going to require teams to (potentially) travel more when they are leading the effort to reduce costs themselves. Counter intuitive. It is left for the conferences to decide.
        False Equivalency argument.

Comment

15 yards, bad form and picking at a wound......
          Spoken like a true Zebra!

Comment

False Equivalency argument.
            A response I would expect from someone who spends too much of their time in the sewer known as the OT.

You all can continue the popsicles and rainbows dream of the NCAA forcing teams to play ooc games. The NCAA isn't going to force (potential) additional travel expenses. The various institutions will have to come to the conclusion it is in their best interests.

Comment

A response I would expect from someone who spends too much of their time in the sewer known as the OT.

You all can continue the popsicles and rainbows dream of the NCAA forcing teams to play ooc games. The NCAA isn't going to force (potential) additional travel expenses. The various institutions will have to come to the conclusion it is in their best interests.
              Message board fans as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                I truly think that the quality of the teams in the MIAA has dipped due to playing in the silo.
                This topic has been brought up before. I believe even Brandon thought it might have some merit.

Comment

The last four years, record has been the main factor in the final SR3 rankings. If the GAC ends up with three 10-1 teams this year, they'll likely all be in ahead of any two-loss teams.

Comment

I don't think anyone believes it will happen. We are just saying that it should happen.

Comment

This topic has been brought up before. I believe even Brandon thought it might have some merit.
                      i disagree
                      it's the coaching
                      which i refer to broadly whether we're talking recruiting, game mgt, scheme, etc.
                      silo does mask it beyond what the subjective eye captures since no one has stepped into the void created by our decline from a nationally elite perspective.

it'll eventually cycle back around whether it's us getting our act together, pitt firing their potato & hiring a real coach, hays continuing to ascend, or someone else like cm or emporia taking a step forward or a combination of the above.
                      Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I don't think anyone believes it will happen. We are just saying that it should happen.
                        idk what can be done in actuality. we probably need some schools left out of the po's due to how the #'s fall to send a message eliciting action. & even that might not be enough. it's a lazy man's game to rig this to not have to work to fill a schedule. happy day.
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          The last four years, record has been the main factor in the final SR3 rankings. If the GAC ends up with three 10-1 teams this year, they'll likely all be in ahead of any two-loss teams.

Comment

Two of those three teams :laugh:

Comment

Sure, it mattered when noncons were played by all. That was what 2013 and prior for the MIAA anyway. That is not today's reality. The 2-2-2-1 format is going to be very difficult to break.

There is little incentive to play noncons in a 4 team region with 12 team conferences. Today, win totals within a conference are all that really matters. Start playing noncons you are at the mercy of your conference schedule. What if you happen to be scheduled to play Lincoln and NSU this year while another conference team avoids those 2? With the introduction of dynamic seeding by the NCAA that incentive is even further diminished as only the 1 seed is protected in the first round.

You're going to need at minimum 11 team conferences playing 1 ooc game within all 4 conferences to begin to see scheduling fully matter again. I just don't see the competitive incentive from an institutional standpoint to move in that direction.

Comment

Techster...

Division II cannot grant automatic entry into the playoffs by rule. They tried to get an exception in 2004 but it was not granted.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X