Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully this will suffice for the other two people who wanted to point out to me that Philpot wasn't a good passer.

The posts the list was in response to also had plenty of content concerning putting up big numbers against weaker teams while disappearing against better teams and putting teams away early. On that level, I'm standing by all of the Pitt State QBs listed.

For the passing-specific items, the only name I would want included is Mark Smith. I'm on the same page as everyone else as it relates to the passing abilities of Philpot and Dickey. I'm probably more down on Majors's passing abilities than most Pitt State fans. I think he mainly looked good because of the contrast to Philpot.

Comment

I did not see this hand off/lateral in question, as I was watching Bolles slink off the field. I wanted to see his body langange to ensure even he knew that it was a fumble (no question). I copied the "Handing the Ball Forward" section from Rule 7 below.

Was the ball actually handed forward?

Handing the Ball Forward
      ARTICLE 6. No player may hand the ball forward except during a scrimmage down as follows:
      a. A Team A back may hand the ball forward to another back only if both are behind their scrimmage line.
      b. A Team A back behind his scrimmage line may hand the ball forward to a teammate who is on his scrimmage line at the snap, provided that teammate leaves his line position by a movement of both feet that faces him toward his own end line and is at least two yards behind his scrimmage line when he receives the ball (A.R. 7-1-6-I).
      Team A before team possession changes during a scrimmage down [S35 and S9].

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post

I did not see this hand off/lateral in question, as I was watching Bolles slink off the field. I wanted to see his body langange to ensure even he knew that it was a fumble (no question). I copied the "Handing the Ball Forward" section from Rule 7 below.

Was the ball actually handed forward?

Handing the Ball Forward
        ARTICLE 6. No player may hand the ball forward except during a scrimmage down as follows:
        a. A Team A back may hand the ball forward to another back only if both are behind their scrimmage line.
        b. A Team A back behind his scrimmage line may hand the ball forward to a teammate who is on his scrimmage line at the snap, provided that teammate leaves his line position by a movement of both feet that faces him toward his own end line and is at least two yards behind his scrimmage line when he receives the ball (A.R. 7-1-6-I).
        Team A before team possession changes during a scrimmage down [S35 and S9].

Comment

I see we are to the part of the season where NW fans pretend that John Brown was the reason Dickey ran all over them in both games that year.

Comment

Brown was awesome and as a Bills fan, I appreciate him even more now.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              I see we are to the part of the season where NW fans pretend that John Brown was the reason Dickey ran all over them in both games that year.

Comment

Or is it the part of the year where you pretend a WR that averaged 29 yards a reception in that game does not help open up space to run?

I have a ton of respect for Dickey and he averaged seven yards a carry during the playoff game and five a carry during the Arrowhead game. Brown averaged 29 a reception during the playoff game and 22 a reception at Arrowhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Or is it the part of the year where you pretend a great vertical threat does not help open up space to run?
                  This
                  Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Or is it the part of the year where you pretend a WR that averaged 29 yards a reception in that game does not help open up space to run?

I have a ton of respect for Dickey and he averaged seven yards a carry during the playoff game and five a carry during the Arrowhead game. Brown averaged 29 a reception during the playoff game and 22 a reception at Arrowhead.

I honestly don't remember NW selling out with double and triple coverage to try and stop Brown, thus taking away from the run defense. If you claim that happened, I believe you.

I'm not trying to belittle Brown's hand in that team's success. Just tired of NW fans acting like Dickey and that Oline sucked, or act like it was a one man team, when it was the most complimentary team Pitt has had in a long time with every unit coming up huge at different times.

Comment

I honestly don't remember NW selling out with double and triple coverage to try and stop Brown, thus taking away from the run defense. If you claim that happened, I believe you.

I'm not trying to belittle Brown's hand in that team's success. Just tired of NW fans acting like Dickey and that Oline sucked, or act like it was a one man team, when it was the most complimentary team Pitt has had in a long time with every unit coming up huge at different times.
                      Yeah, it's weird that Brown was averaging 20+ yards a catch with no quarterback to throw him the ball.

Comment

I get the point some are trying to make. Dickey wasn't going to beat anyone throwing it 60 times a game. To hear some tell it though, he could have thrown it up for grabs sixty times a game and scored 100-150 points because of Brown.

Comment

Take Brown off that team. Cross reference Pitt State Football and 2010 for details.

Comment

Comment

Wright has not shown the ability to run tough like Dickey did.

Comment

Last edited by northwest missouri state; 11-18-2019, 06:08 PM.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X