X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HookemHerd
    replied
    Originally posted by Rainy View Post
    How about HC Jerry Partridge and OC Travis Partridge? :)
    They want to land their white whale Willie Frtiz

Leave a comment:

• Rainy
    replied
    How about HC Jerry Partridge and OC Travis Partridge? :)

Leave a comment:

• ShirtedBearcat
    replied
    Is Patterson really that much of a resource having only been the linebackers coach at PSU for one season?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I had forgotten how many went on to D1 from the fran tree. Maybe that's the issue. The great ones all moved up?

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

AD might answer the phone, but only to laugh at Pitt. He is only going up and not down to a inferior program that Beck built.
    That's a ton of vitriol over something that will probably never happen. Calm down, Greenie.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Generally, rivalries don't mean as much to coaches who are providing for their families as they do to fans who are just looking for entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• ForeverGreen
    replied
    Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Generally, rivalries don't mean as much to coaches who are providing for their families as they do to fans who are just looking for entertainment.

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

We don't want the NWMSU castoffs anyways. #whattheeffisabearcat?

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by PSR View Post

Rival coaches go to rival schools. Bo who was under Woody went from OSU to UM. Saban went from LSU to Alabama. It happens.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Will Wagner, former Assistant HC under Mel, has been volunteering at ACU this semester. He had been let go at San Angelo, where he was HC.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    AD might answer the phone, but only to laugh at Pitt. He is only going up and not down to a inferior program that Beck built.

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    Originally posted by Taxman View Post

He wouldn't even answer the phone.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied

I'm guessing he would answer the phone and then go discuss with his various assistants if they're interested in a D2 HC job. I've always imagined--and felt this way as it relates to former Pitt State assistants/alums--that programs get a certain slice of ownership over another program when an assistant of theirs gets the head job in that spot. I'm glad that WU and FH's success can really be tied back to Pitt State. I imagine Mel and AD would get a certain satisfaction about a NW FB program alum taking over at Pitt State.

However, obviously, AD isn't going to take the Pitt State HC job. A phone call to someone like AD to get his take on the lay of the land in terms of what coaches are out there that might be interested and good fits would seem to be an appropriate part of a national search (my hope is that JJ is making a similar phone call to every respected name in his football rolodex), but any offer to him would seemingly be purely out of courtesy.

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied

We don't want the NWMSU castoffs anyways. #whattheeffisabearcat?

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Imo, he is at the ceiling for FH. Especially if Pitt gets back to national relevance. Which I expect them to do. The ceiling at Pitt is NC contender on a yearly basis. FH has essentially replaced what Washburn was.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X