Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roll call: Who saw the 1999 4 OT title game in person?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll call: Who saw the 1999 4 OT title game in person?

ESPN announcer said near the end of the game something like ‘20 yrs from now 100,00 people will claim to have been at this game’
    12/13/19 is the 20th Anniversary of one of the greatest football games of all time. I was there along with 3 buddies(and even made the cover of the Florence paper the next day showing us with our BEAR/CATS signs as we stood on the hill overlooking the tailgate party leading a Bearcat cheer).
    We had hotel rooms next to the Refs and they told us the next morning over coffee that it was the most exciting game they’d ever seen or been a part of. One of them said he was impressed with NW’s composure and ‘refuse to lose’ mentality.
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 12-12-2019, 12:14 AM.

Was there. Had missed the 1998 game. Had told my wife I wouldn't miss the 1999 game. Missed getting on one of the fan buses but was able to catch a fan plane that left KC the morning of the game. Some friends taped the game and gave me a tape of the game because they spotted me walking behind Coach T while he was being interviewed after the game. At the end of regulation when the Carson Newman RB ran out of bounds the guy next to me turned to me and we both said "that was a mistake!"
    Last edited by voicefromthestands; 12-12-2019, 07:44 AM.
    Luck is where Preparation meets Opportunity

Comment

ya it was sr yr i was there

we were at the team hotel....i recall the post game celebration getting out of hand, ppl dancing on like tables and some fights....stuff like that. all second hand bc i was too drunk by that time of night to remember it specifically and was not involved....i wanna say they kicked some ppl out
      it was the wildest celebration party i have ever been at though the place was hopping all night room to room to lounge to etc

during the game.....i think it was like 11a ko and dark by the time the game ended, something like that

i drank more whiskey at 1/2 time when my buzz was wearing off thinking i’d need it to endure the shellacking we were taking at that point

the 2 pointer was out of view from our vantage point i only knew ryan caught the ball based off crowd reaction and ref signal

one of the best sports photos i have ever seen taken was whomever caught him dragging his foot with the ball in hand

it is obv the wildest game i have ever attended

cn deserved a better fate for the effort they gave but at the same time ours was off the charts. that team was as resilient a buncha vampires as i have ever seen they could be a collective case study in how your thinking can impact effort and outcome no matter the circumstances
      Go Bearcats!
      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I was there.

Comment

I was there with my son, father-in-law and a friend. Amazing game!

Comment

I caught all the OT's. Everyone in the house stopped what we were doing and were amazed at the end of the game.

Comment

A couple of friends and I were watching at the Belt Brewing Company in St Joe (I miss that place).

Comment

I was there.

Comment

I was there.

Comment

I didn't follow D2 at that point - even though I was a student at NW. I was back home in Nebraska bartending that day, I had the game on and everyone in the bar was watching it.
                    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Was there.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power

Comment

Wasn't there in person (was a broke E-4 in the USAF at the time)...and didn't even see the whole game. Was severely hung over and was lying on the couch watching, but fell asleep at half time. My buddy woke me up just in time for the end of regulation. Hangover or not, I obviously stayed awake through all 4 OT's!!!

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
                          I was there.
                          Lol! And with the best vantage point of all the action!

Comment

I want to hear from the Bearcat fans who attended ALL FOUR of the national championship games in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 in Florence, Alabama, where the Bearcats finished as the runner up four years in a row. You will need to prove that you attended all four games.......oh say, something like.........still visible slash mark scars on your wrists, etc.
                            Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 12-12-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoCatsGo5 View Post
                              Wasn't there in person (was a broke E-4 in the USAF at the time)...and didn't even see the whole game. Was severely hung over and was lying on the couch watching, but fell asleep at half time. My buddy woke me up just in time for the end of regulation. Hangover or not, I obviously stayed awake through all 4 OT's!!!
                              I was stationed in Germany at the time, I turned the TV on just as the final drive in regulation was starting and was surprised that it was airing on the Armed Forces Network. For some reason, I wasn’t as nervous about the situation that was unfolding, I guess I was just shocked that I was able to view this game on another continent. Incredible ups and downs late in the game and in the overtime’s. I watch it every month and I still can’t believe that NW won, especially considering that CN rushed for almost 400 yards and scored 44 points in regulation.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X