• NW Normal
    replied
    Flohr names Gent OC and Winter DC.

https://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/...214b86c90.html

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

What about the rest of us that want to know why AD, MT and the other alphabet soupers do anything?
    Well, I can tell you that it isn't all about the $$$$.

Leave a comment:

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Nope. I'll tell you in person the next time I see you. Remind me.
    What about the rest of us that want to know why AD, MT and the other alphabet soupers do anything?

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Nope. I'll tell you in person the next time I see you. Remind me.

Leave a comment:

• Taxman
    replied
    Originally posted by catz54 View Post

My point is pretty simple. Rich started at Courtland and then went to Dana. Then he was hired by Mel when he had zero NW ties. He did spend 2 years at NW as a GA. He was then hired back, but after he had a lot of experience. He wasn't hired because he's a Northwest guy. He had success at St Ambrose. He happened to have some ties to NW (which probably got his name in the door), but he had more experience not being a NW guy then being a NW guy.

That's my only point. Yes, he had ties, but his experience was more from other places. I don't think he has any fear of looking outside to find the best person. If that person has NW ties, great, but I don't think it's make or break.

I have as much confidence in Rich Wright as I do in anyone I have ever met. I hope my kid is lucky enough to play for someone like Rich Wright someday.
    I think these things can evolve over time. He wasn't a NW guy originally but by the time he got the NW HC job he was absolutely considered a NW guy.

The Asst. HC/OC position is posted on the NW website. Main job being OC. Is the Co-OCs no longer? HCRW would be completely justified hiring for this position outside the current staff.

2 out of the last 3 games have been single score offensive performances. Previously NW had 1 such performance over the current 16 year playoff streak.

Not adjusting for how any D/ST scores would impact:

2011-2016 - NW scored under 28 pts 9 times (4-5 record). 10.7% of games. Only 2 times less than 20.

2017-2019 - NW scored under 28 pts 15 times (7-8 record). 38.5% of games. 10 times under 20.

While having a dynamic ceiling is a must the floor being constructed is too low.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're saying they have to be a player who becomes a coach to be considered a NW guy or a GA who never goes anywhere else or if they went somewhere else, they had to have coached in their current discipline when they GA'd at NW?

Guess I see that as he got his start in coaching at NW as a GA, so that makes him a NW guy even though he got more experience elsewhere. I'd still consider a 1 year GA a NW guy.

Not trying to be argumentative with ya, I know you played, hell I was in school a long time before NW got good, was curious about what you considered it takes to be a NW guy.
    My point is pretty simple. Rich started at Courtland and then went to Dana. Then he was hired by Mel when he had zero NW ties. He did spend 2 years at NW as a GA. He was then hired back, but after he had a lot of experience. He wasn't hired because he's a Northwest guy. He had success at St Ambrose. He happened to have some ties to NW (which probably got his name in the door), but he had more experience not being a NW guy then being a NW guy.

That's my only point. Yes, he had ties, but his experience was more from other places. I don't think he has any fear of looking outside to find the best person. If that person has NW ties, great, but I don't think it's make or break.

I have as much confidence in Rich Wright as I do in anyone I have ever met. I hope my kid is lucky enough to play for someone like Rich Wright someday.

Leave a comment:

• ForeverGreen
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

You're telling me that when he was getting his PhD at Nebraska in the first half of the 90s while in his late 30s/early 40s, he wasn't lacing 'em up with Tommy Frazier?!

Leave a comment:

• GorillaBred
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat06 View Post

Only way that will happen is if they can his sorry azz..... Rumor had it that's why Mel got put on the Board of Regents so he could help run him off. That's not happened yet...so.

There is a reason why when he's making rounds pre-game he roams in our area and not yours... LOL. He'd end up in a dumpster.

Oh...according to the U's website, he got his BS and MS at Central MI.... and his PhD at U of Neb-L. I doubt he played football at any of those joints......
    You're telling me that when he was getting his PhD at Nebraska in the first half of the 90s while in his late 30s/early 40s, he wasn't lacing 'em up with Tommy Frazier?!

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    I think a big part of why Mel retired was that he wanted to move up a level in football. After he lost out to Larry Coker (I think) for the job in Texas, it took some of the wind out of his sails. The other part is Jaz and his Napolean complex he has.

Leave a comment:

• GreenwoodBearcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat06 View Post

Only way that will happen is if they can his sorry azz..... Rumor had it that's why Mel got put on the Board of Regents so he could help run him off. That's not happened yet...so.

There is a reason why when he's making rounds pre-game he roams in our area and not yours... LOL. He'd end up in a dumpster.

Oh...according to the U's website, he got his BS and MS at Central MI.... and his PhD at U of Neb-L. I doubt he played football at any of those joints......
    The weasel ain't big enough to play football. Maybe jockstrap cleaner would be more fitting for Jaz

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

No one "knows" why Mel retired but I think I do. It has nothing to do with the university admin.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat06
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
    Until NW proves that they can keep Jaz out of the coach hiring, they will hire within or someone with NW ties. Jaz is about a big as hunk of Shiit as they come, because he is a supreme micro-manager. This has been told by multiple people within the NW Org (Cult). Not even sure why other than he is prez and probably never played a down of football. Jaz put a capital D on Dbag...

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat06
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    is that part of the reason AD left
    It is......a HUGE part.....

Back when he left NW, I had it from family sources that he wasn't going to leave. Hence the reason I posted what I posted.

Found out later on straight from the source that he was a huge reason he left NW and headed South....

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
    is that part of the reason AD left and MT retired(coach & AD)?
    No one "knows" why Mel retired but I think I do. It has nothing to do with the university admin.

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied
    is that part of the reason AD left and MT retired(coach & AD)?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X