Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Football Action

FHSU has already "played" SWOSU and practiced with NWOSU. They play CSU Mines on Saturday.
    Any other teams in action this spring?

The Mules are hosting scrimmages with Augustana and Northern State.

https://ucmathletics.com/news/2021/4...his-month.aspx

Comment

NW has joint football practice with USF tomorrow at 1 pm.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power

Comment

Can anyone who went to the NW/USF scrimmage post their observations, given the new OC and “new” offense? Just curious.

Comment

Based on what I saw, I would look for a balanced run/pass attack for the offense. The linemen looked larger in girth than in past seasons. Lots of new faces. Green, a transfer at RB, looked good. The D line looked really good. QB's were overthrowing on long balls but looked ok throwing short routes and in the flat.

Run the ball!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
            Based on what I saw, I would look for a balanced run/pass attack for the offense. The linemen looked larger in girth than in past seasons. Lots of new faces. Green, a transfer at RB, looked good. The D line looked really good. QB's were overthrowing on long balls but looked ok throwing short routes and in the flat.

Run the ball!!!!!
            Good to hear about the o and d-line - bodes well, as does having a good RB. Having QBs overthrow on longs - that sounds more like timing stuff that is fixable by this Fall. I’m curious to see how well the new OC can both design and call plays, and more importantly, develop schemes against opponents down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Run the ball!!!!!

LOL - Hell, you and I can throw short routes and flat passes.

Comment

I saw a tweet that said LaTroy Harper was no longer on the roster. Kid is a heck of an athlete... not sure what happened there.

Comment

Heard rumor he was burnt out on football but might try out for NW BB

Comment

He’s athletic enough... so explosive. I’ve said many times that the two best dunkers at NW are on the football team. LaTroy Harper and Eli Dowis.

Someone told me today that they heard he was going to follow Joel to Benedictine... I’m not sure why he would do that, unless he somehow wore out his welcome here, but who knows? The rumor mill is churning though. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                      He’s athletic enough... so explosive. I’ve said many times that the two best dunkers at NW are on the football team. LaTroy Harper and Eli Dowis.

Someone told me today that they heard he was going to follow Joel to Benedictine... I’m not sure why he would do that, unless he somehow wore out his welcome here, but who knows? The rumor mill is churning though. Lol
                      I've obviously never seen these guys dunk, but they need some serious hops to compete with Diego Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post

I've obviously never seen these guys dunk, but they need some serious hops to compete with Diego Bernard
                        It’s impressive, and it’s where I’d put my money... I saw Eli play a lot in high school... incredible dunker. When they played against each other, the pregame warmups were like a dunk off between the two with 360s, bounce it off the floor or backboard, tomahawks, you name it. Each one one-upping the other... was probably more entertaining than the game itself.

I was playing in a pickup game last summer with Harper and saw him post up a kid who was obviously not anywhere near the athlete he was, but he did a really quick drop step around the guy, rose up and threw it down hard with one hand. That’s off two feet with no run up and he’s 6’1” maybe? He’s a freak... another time, he got out on a break and I was the only one back, so I was just trying to get the hell out of the way, and the dude kicked me in the shoulder as he flew by to dunk it... yes, the SHOULDER! I’m not tall, but damn... I do know that I had no business being out there. Lol Eli is probably 6’2ish”, but he gets so high that he dunks so easily two handed... lots of back door alley hoops in high school. I don’t think either one of them have Diego’s motor, but they definitely have his hops.

Comment

Now we know...

Comment

Hope he transfers to NWBB ;-)

Comment

UCO played a game against SNU. They basically treated it like an NFL preseason game and played everyone on their roster. They had a second game against OBU but it was cancelled.

UCO followed the M.O. anyway by stumbling out of the chute.
                              Go Bronchos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X