Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PSU vs NWMSU 10/12/19 @ Arrowhead?

I really despise Arrowhead, but almost didn't go in 2011 and would have missed that comeback..

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      I really despise Arrowhead, but almost didn't go in 2011 and would have missed that comeback..
      Raiders fan or Broncos fan?

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
        You know, these attendence numbers, are not the norm for D2. Ya'all are spoiled. When we play our rival, West Georgia, if we can get 6K, it's considered a good turn-out (and mostly students) Same with them, and they have a top notch stadium.
        To ***** and complain that you don't get 15,000 is funny.
        This times 3000

The MIAA is not a typical D2 league any way, shape or form. It's not for everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
          This times 3000

The MIAA is not a typical D2 league any way, shape or form. It's not for everybody.
          Sounds elitist. Lol. What do you mean;" not for eveybody?"
          <>

Comment

Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post
            Raiders fan or Broncos fan?
            Neither. Not a huge fan of NFL at all. Back before I gave up on the NFL, I was a cowboys fan. I do like Denver better than the Raiders and liked them a lot when I was a kid and they were the orange crush. Not a Chiefs fan, but will admit to having a huge Man crush on the insane things Mahomes can do with a football.

I just hate paying ridiculous prices for a mediocre atmosphere.

I don't get to go to many away games anyway because it's hard for me to justify spending a whole day driving to from and watching a football game. That's why it's always been a maybe for me, but more acceptable when it's a home game for NW.

Luckily the streaming keeps getting better each year.

Comment

You know, these attendence numbers, are not the norm for D2. Ya'all are spoiled. When we play our rival, West Georgia, if we can get 6K, it's considered a good turn-out (and mostly students) Same with them, and they have a top notch stadium.
              To ***** and complain that you don't get 15,000 is funny.
              That's only at arrowhead. Home games rarely top 11 or 12 thousand at MIAA stadiums, and are usually lower than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                15,000 at Arrowhead is pitiful and embarrassing, unless each school brings 15,000 (not happening). Great experience for the players, but other than that, it sucks. Year one when PSU and NW put 25,000 in the stands was great, but now it's a dog for student attendance. I would rather see high profile games on campus or at Sporting Park in Kansas City.
                Sporting Park can burn to the ground and I'll cheer. I hope Sporting KC loses all its games, all its fan support, and the franchise has to fold at a large financial loss to the owners.

Comment

Sounds elitist. Lol. What do you mean;" not for eveybody?"
                  Several schools have left the league over the last decade and they have usually been teams that are in the lower half of the MIAA football standings.
                  Truman and SBU are two that had some measure of success after leaving the league. Truman was 14-30 their last four years (2009-12) in the MIAA and then went 26-17 their first four years (2013-16) in the GLVC.
                  SBU was 4-18 in 2012-13 while playing in the MIAA. They had gone 19-14 the three previous years (2009-11) outside the MIAA and went 23-21 with a playoff appearance the next four years (2014-17) in the GLVC.

It's also something the UCM women's basketball coach said during media day when talking about the league.

Comment

Several schools have left the league over the last decade and they have usually been teams that are in the lower half of the MIAA football standings.
                    Truman and SBU are two that had some measure of success after leaving the league. Truman was 14-30 their last four years (2009-12) in the MIAA and then went 26-17 their first four years (2013-16) in the GLVC.
                    SBU was 4-18 in 2012-13 while playing in the MIAA. They had gone 19-14 the three previous years (2009-11) outside the MIAA and went 23-21 with a playoff appearance the next four years (2014-17) in the GLVC.

It's also something the UCM women's basketball coach said during media day when talking about the league.
                    GSC had all those AR teams who have done well since leaving too. Pretty similar really.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      GSC had all those AR teams who have done well since leaving too. Pretty similar really.
                      Not quite the same thing. The Arkansas schools had been more competitive in the GSC comparatively than Truman and SW Baptist in the MIAA. Henderson shared a GSC championship in their final year. Arkansas Tech made mutliple playoff trips as a GSC member, while Harding, Southern Ark, and Ouachita Baptist had their moments of being pretty decent.

Comment

Well the MIAA certainly has it' fair share of bling. Was impressed the Bearcats go back to back for football (and a few more)
                        ++ Mens basketball team wins back to back. Pretty impressive. But that's just one school holding it up.
                        <>

Comment

Well the MIAA certainly has it' fair share of bling. Was impressed the Bearcats go back to back for football (and a few more)
                          ++ Mens basketball team wins back to back. Pretty impressive. But that's just one school holding it up.
                          That comment was made by the CentralMO coach after his team became the 3rd different MIAA women's team to win a national championship in the last 15 years. Washburn won in 2005 and Emporia in 2010. The GLIAC and the Northeast 10 have had 2 different national champions in that time frame.

Comment

I don't track other sports at all. Even Basketball. That said, I'm pretty sure Pitt won a natty in track last year or the year before. Maybe one for the men and one for the women, but not sure?

Comment

And in Football, nobody knows if the MIAA still stacks up across the board because of the insular scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                                15,000 at Arrowhead is pitiful and embarrassing, unless each school brings 15,000 (not happening). Great experience for the players, but other than that, it sucks. Year one when PSU and NW put 25,000 in the stands was great, but now it's a dog for student attendance. I would rather see high profile games on campus or at Sporting Park in Kansas City.
                                After the way Sporting Park backed out of their commitment to hosting the D2 national championship game, I'd be very leery if I'm an MIAA AD or football coach in wanting to schedule a neutral site game at Sporting Park.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X