X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldBison
    replied
    Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Ask Harding. It took them three games to score one TD on our D.
    As I recall, it took the Bearcats a few tries to score their lone TD in that game as well. What was the final score? 7-6

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    He actually threw some really nice balls in that game. Some even into tightish windows. For an option qb, he throws it well. If nw stays at home and cheats the run, he'll burn em.

I don't think their pass game is sophisticated enough to keep the nw d completely honest, though.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    I think it'll be a great game. First team to 20 wins.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

The one thing that we do good on defense is stop the option attack style offenses. Over the top is another story though.
    Historically, yes. This year?

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Davis leads D2 in pass efficiency, has 15 TD passes and is completing 65% of his passes. Without even looking I know Harding's QB's can't claim the same thing. Bison and Lopers are different option animals ,,,, hence the 24 points UNK scored in 2019.

I think Northwest wins but it won't be a walk in the park. Sorry to disappoint the Homecoming crowd.

Leave a comment:

• Loper’18
    replied

The one thing that we do good on defense is stop the option attack style offenses. Over the top is another story though.
    I agree NW plays the option well, their D ends are typically athletic enough to play the inside zone as well as get out and make the play on the option which is crazy impressive. And only giving up 42 rushing per game this year is an even more impressive stat. Still, UNK puts up 150 at least

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
    Went to the UNK vs Pitt game earlier this year...I saw a QB that could deliver on the money with guy's helmets in his chest. He's a much improved passer from 2 years ago. Our defensive back end is suspect. NW's D needs to clean up the mistakes causing critical penalties...hopefully, NW will allow the QB's to run it more than they have the past several weeks. O-line needs to be much more consistent too. Should be a fun game in front of a big Homecoming crowd! Go Cats!

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Went to the UNK vs Pitt game earlier this year...I saw a QB that could deliver on the money with guy's helmets in his chest. He's a much improved passer from 2 years ago. Our defensive back end is suspect. NW's D needs to clean up the mistakes causing critical penalties...hopefully, NW will allow the QB's to run it more than they have the past several weeks. O-line needs to be much more consistent too. Should be a fun game in front of a big Homecoming crowd! Go Cats!

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IfYouAintLope
    replied
    Originally posted by PSR View Post

If NW controls the option, then UNK is done.

Leave a comment:

• NW Normal
    replied
    Originally posted by IfYouAintLope View Post

Are we really starting this one dimensional crap again

Leave a comment:

• PSR
    replied
    Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Davis has proven to be more than capable as a passer this season.

84-130, 1573 yds, 15 TDs, 2 INTs, 196.6 YPG

Teams have loaded the box and spied Davis to stop the run, and it's resulted in lots of wide open receivers or backs out of the backfield this season. Davis has hit them more often than not, and you don't need elite receiving skills when running uncovered.

Leave a comment:

• Divisiontwo
    replied

Can confirm.

Leave a comment:

• IfYouAintLope
    replied
    Originally posted by PSR View Post
    UNK is pretty much one dimensional. NW has a way of beating teams that are such. UNK passing is all predicated on making the option work, and if the option don't work the QB is not one that will beat you standing in the pocket. He also doesn't have WRs that are scary either, nor RBs.

NW will take this one.
    Are we really starting this one dimensional crap again

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X