Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
      I don't usually predict scores or outcomes; yet, I think NW will need to score at least 28 points to beat the Lopers.
      Thanks for the Massey link ZubCat. They are predicting a score of 28-21. I think that is more likely than Loper '18's prediction of "35 to 14" UNK on top.

Northwest Offense has been averaging 32 points per game with the opponents scoring 9 per game. I am expecting a slugfest! Kearney has the QB; however, the NW defense is stout.

Comment

UNK is pretty much one dimensional. NW has a way of beating teams that are such. UNK passing is all predicated on making the option work, and if the option don't work the QB is not one that will beat you standing in the pocket. He also doesn't have WRs that are scary either, nor RBs.

NW will take this one.

Comment

Davis was 12-20 for 344 yds against emporia.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
            Davis was 12-20 for 344 yds against emporia.
            That seems ok.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Thanks for the Massey link ZubCat. They are predicting a score of 28-21. I think that is more likely than Loper '18's prediction of "35 to 14" UNK on top.

Northwest Offense has been averaging 32 points per game with the opponents scoring 9 per game. I am expecting a slugfest! Kearney has the QB; however, the NW defense is stout.
              NW Defense is giving up just over 7 pts a game and has shut out 3 opponents-the other points were scored against the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                UNK is pretty much one dimensional. NW has a way of beating teams that are such. UNK passing is all predicated on making the option work, and if the option don't work the QB is not one that will beat you standing in the pocket. He also doesn't have WRs that are scary either, nor RBs.

NW will take this one.
                Davis has proven to be more than capable as a passer this season.

84-130, 1573 yds, 15 TDs, 2 INTs, 196.6 YPG

Teams have loaded the box and spied Davis to stop the run, and it's resulted in lots of wide open receivers or backs out of the backfield this season. Davis has hit them more often than not, and you don't need elite receiving skills when running uncovered.

Comment

I don't think this NW defense will completely shut down the option.

UNK run d will be what decides the game, imo.

Comment

Pretty interesting game because both offenses rely so heavily on one guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
                      https://fb.watch/8UmOrGGk-z/
                      They did this 3 years ago for the UNK vs. NW football game in our tailgate area and, with the conference championship on the line for Homecoming, we'll do it again this year. Join us on Saturday in the SE corner of the Hughes parking lot for a "Look Around the League" - a complete pre-game breakdown of both teams before the big game. The Grand PooBah - Brandon Misener will be there, along with UNK radio's Jayson Jorgensen and NWs Matt Gaarder.

Everyone is invited to stop by and say hello- there will be tons of food.
                      Why are you at NW to talk about Hays vs Emporia?

Comment

Davis carved us up in 2019 and did just enough through the air to keep us off the field. UNK dominated time of possession. I'm not that confident that we'll be able to make this game one dimensional... loading the box exposes the weakest part of our defense, so there will be plays out there for them if they can execute. We're going to have to score some points... I'd even like to get some in first half just for the hell of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          I don't think this NW defense will completely shut down the option.

UNK run d will be what decides the game, imo.
                          The one thing that we do good on defense is stop the option attack style offenses. Over the top is another story though.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post

NW will take this one.
                            Are we really starting this one dimensional crap again

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post

The one thing that we do good on defense is stop the option attack style offenses. Over the top is another story though.
                              Can confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post

Davis has proven to be more than capable as a passer this season.

84-130, 1573 yds, 15 TDs, 2 INTs, 196.6 YPG

Teams have loaded the box and spied Davis to stop the run, and it's resulted in lots of wide open receivers or backs out of the backfield this season. Davis has hit them more often than not, and you don't need elite receiving skills when running uncovered.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X