Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I doubt that he knows there is anything higher than a D+.
    Send Hookem to the burn unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      I'd be curious what he gave my write ups for the MIAA.

Comment

I like the first 2. When does the 3rd come out?

http://themiaa.com/news/2019/9/4/foo...u-nw-fhsu.aspx

I had to look. I just wrote them with what information existed at the time. Extremely difficult considering all the changes made and Lincoln's entrance.

Comment

• Overall decent first outing.
          Of course coming from an ESU perspective I have my own biases but my main concern is with the line "the Hornets could upset a few of the better teams in the MIAA."

From earlier in the blog you mention that four of your five contenders for the MIAA title are playing each other on Thursday and I assume NWMSU is the other one.

In the last four years ESU is 3-1 against UCM and UCO; 2-2 against FHSU and PSU; and 0-6 against NWMSU.

In that same time frame:
          NWMSU is 49-5 (9-2 in four playoff appearances)
          FHSU is 36-12 (0-2 in two playoff appearances; 1-1 in bowl games)
          ESU is 36-14 (3-2 in two playoff appearances; 1-0 in bowl games)
          UCM is 31-15 (0-1 in one playoff appearnace; 1-0 in bowl games)
          PSU is 29-16 (0 playoff appearances; 1-0 in bowl games)
          UCO is 26-21 (0 playoff appearances; 3-0 in bowl games)

Since 2012 ESU has had three 10+ win seasons with a different QB each time.

Other than the lack of success against NWMSU (which just about everyone has suffered through), I don't understand how ESU isn't considered one of the "better teams in the MIAA."

Comment

I had to look. I just wrote them with what information existed at the time. Extremely difficult considering all the changes made and Lincoln's entrance.
            D2 (and all lower level) preseason write-ups are basically impossible if you're not local. You get one shot at the coaches talking--media day--and then everything else is secondhand at best. What most of us think of as news at this point in the season is really just MB rumor-milling and you can't very well get a confirmation on any of that to publish it with any reputability. It's a lot of hoping that whoever wasn't a senior the year before is actually in line to progress as you hope they might.

Few notes on part 3: UCO's coach is Nick, not Chris. PSU's RS-Fr QB is Mak, not Max. OL Tanner Gulick doesn't appear on any published Pitt State two-deeps or rosters and appears to be gone from the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
              Overall decent first outing.
              Of course coming from an ESU perspective I have my own biases but my main concern is with the line "the Hornets could upset a few of the better teams in the MIAA."

From earlier in the blog you mention that four of your five contenders for the MIAA title are playing each other on Thursday and I assume NWMSU is the other one.

In the last four years ESU is 3-1 against UCM and UCO; 2-2 against FHSU and PSU; and 0-6 against NWMSU.

In that same time frame:
              NWMSU is 49-5 (9-2 in four playoff appearances)
              FHSU is 36-12 (0-2 in two playoff appearances; 1-1 in bowl games)
              ESU is 36-14 (3-2 in two playoff appearances; 1-0 in bowl games)
              UCM is 31-15 (0-1 in one playoff appearnace; 1-0 in bowl games)
              PSU is 29-16 (0 playoff appearances; 1-0 in bowl games)
              UCO is 26-21 (0 playoff appearances; 3-0 in bowl games)

Since 2012 ESU has had three 10+ win seasons with a different QB each time.

Other than the lack of success against NWMSU (which just about everyone has suffered through), I don't understand how ESU isn't considered one of the "better teams in the MIAA."

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post

D2 (and all lower level) preseason write-ups are basically impossible if you're not local. You get one shot at the coaches talking--media day--and then everything else is secondhand at best. What most of us think of as news at this point in the season is really just MB rumor-milling and you can't very well get a confirmation on any of that to publish it with any reputability. It's a lot of hoping that whoever wasn't a senior the year before is actually in line to progress as you hope they might.

Few notes on part 3: UCO's coach is Nick, not Chris. PSU's RS-Fr QB is Mak, not Max. OL Tanner Gulick doesn't appear on any published Pitt State two-deeps or rosters and appears to be gone from the team.
                Thanks. Pitt State had published nothing as of last week and Beck had mentioned the four quarterbacks by name at media day. No worries.

Obvious error on Bobeck.

You can get a lot of stuff behind the scenes but coaches were not passing out information this year for some reason. I probably worked on that thing for a minimum of 20 hours to get what I got. It's tough when you gotta do all the research yourself and SID's don't respond to requests for information or insight.

Comment

Thanks. Pitt State had published nothing as of last week and Beck had mentioned the four quarterbacks by name at media day. No worries.

Obvious error on Bobeck.

You can get a lot of stuff behind the scenes but coaches were not passing out information this year for some reason. I probably worked on that thing for a minimum of 20 hours to get what I got. It's tough when you gotta do all the research yourself and SID's don't respond to requests for information or insight.
                  Truth
                  Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

Thanks. I enjoyed them

Comment

• Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent1 View Post

Most people believe the Hornets are going to take a back this year after losing Marstall.
                      Said the same thing in 2016 after losing Wilson.
                      And it makes sense losing everything ESU lost on offense.
                      Part of it is a lack of posters for ESU to stand up for what the Hornets have done over the last seven years - second best record in the MIAA and second most playoff wins behind NWMSU since 2012.
                      But when a team that has never made the playoffs as and MIAA member (UCO) and a team that has one playoff game (UCM) in the last eight years, that ESU has beaten three out of the last four years each, not to mention ESU has won five more games than UCM and nine more than UCO over the last four years and they are both considered better teams is frustrating.

Comment

Part of it is a lack of posters for ESU to stand up for what the Hornets have done over the last seven years - second best record in the MIAA and second most playoff wins behind NWMSU since 2012.
                        But when a team that has never made the playoffs as and MIAA member (UCO) and a team that has one playoff game (UCM) in the last eight years, that ESU has beaten three out of the last four years each, not to mention ESU has won five more games than UCM and nine more than UCO over the last four years and they are both considered better teams is frustrating.
                        I thought ESU took a step back last season, but pretty much only follow them when they play Pitt, so maybe not. They were still a decent team, but It just didn't seem like they had those 3-5 scary talented players that they have had under the current coach.

Comment

I thought ESU took a step back last season, but pretty much only follow them when they play Pitt, so maybe not. They were still a decent team, but It just didn't seem like they had those 3-5 scary talented players that they have had under the current coach.
                          I get it. Everyone's point of view is shaped by the team they follow. Here's a little Did You Know? ESU and NWMSU are the only two teams in the MIAA to have three different quarterbacks lead them to at least one ten win season since 2012.

If there was a step back it was two years ago when they went 6-5 after an 11-2 season. That is why last year's 8-4 was so important. There have been a number of teams that have put together one or two good years but when the losing seasons come they start to steamroll, making it really hard to come back. Going 6-5 in 2017 and then starting out 2-3 last year could have been a disaster. Instead they righted the ship and won six out of their last seven, including a win over the conference co-champs.

Scary players is a good term to use. ESU had the MIAA's leading passer, the leading rusher and the leader in TD receptions last year. They had the league's leading tackler, the leader in fumbles forced, the leader in fumbles recovered and a guy that was tied for second in sacks. None of them were really that flashy, although I thought Marstall was pretty fun to watch. Especially when he played like he was in the back yard like the on the bad snap over his head that he turned into a TD at UNK.

This team definitely has the more question marks going into the season than any Garin Higgins team of the last eight years. I don't know if any of the questions will be answered in week one. If ESU doesn't play well it will just add to the questions and if they blow NSU out, it will be because NSU was 0-11 last year. Heck - even if the Hornets beat Pitt State in week two it will just re-enforce the doomsday prophets of the SEK more than say anything about ESU.

I truly believe that ESU could go 14-1 next year, win the national title, and Dalton Cowan could be a unanimous choice for the Harlon Hill but if NWMSU beats them for their only loss it will be because the whole country is down this year. ;)

Comment

The reason UCO is one of the better teams is they beat NWMSU. Get it? :) :wink: It's how NW fans look at it.

ESU is one of the better teams in the MIAA, that is why the MIAA is down! :)>:laugh:

Comment

• Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                              It reads like it was written by a high school kid. I assume his major was in broadcasting not in writing. He barely touched on MoWest in his write up. He also botched his Washburn section. Mitch Schurig not Tyler Schurig is the Qb. I give this a D+.
                              Very choppy, imo.

Also calling NW and elite defense THIS year and they haven't played a snap is just hyperbole. Don't know what this years NW defense will be until they get on the field and prove it.

Now if he would have said that based on HISTORY and Coach Wrights past defenses even with the losses they have sustained to graduation NW very well could field yet another top defense in the MIAA again this year. That would at least take the bias out of the comment.

For his first attempt I thought it was OK. The effort is appreciated.

Comment

• Wow... so glad I ain't writing for you guys, lol :)
                                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X