Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Poor dude hasn't even posted any blogs yet and people are already whining. If he's a NW guy and can write about something other than farming, I think he has done great things already.
    This cracked me up.

Back when I worked at Harrahs, any time a KState fan would sit down at my table I'd ask them how many acres they farmed.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Who can blame him for not liking the Royals. He clearly likes winning, since he went to NWMSU... Chiefs and Royals aren't really known for that.
      You clearly must have taken to Southeast Kansas Meth this morning. The Royals, I can understand about not winning that much other than 2014 and 2015, but the Chefs have 3 straight division titles.

Comment

In the weakest division, but in the last 30 years they've been pretty bad, and haven't won a playoff game since '93? Is that right? That's awful.

Comment

In the weakest division, but in the last 30 years they've been pretty bad, and haven't won a playoff game since '93? Is that right? That's awful.
          Nope, they won a PO game last year and nearly made it to the Super Bowl. Not even a chiefs fan, but just wanted to clarify. Go Royals!

Anyway, good luck to the new blogger. I thought Ian did a great job, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
            You clearly must have taken to Southeast Kansas Meth this morning. The Royals, I can understand about not winning that much other than 2014 and 2015, but the Chefs have 3 straight division titles.
            And two total PO wins in the past 25 years.

Anyway, all I want in a blogger is a weekly post that touches on all the games from both the preceding and upcoming week, maybe has a prediction section, gives a little regional and national context and is posted at a consistent time every week (ideally at least Thursday evening for all weeks beginning in week 3).

I don't care if he/she starts every blog with a short story of Mel T's sainthood, as long as he/she checks every other box above. Oh, and the posts not being too long is also nice. If it's more than 3,000 words, that means it probably going to require at least two check-ins to read all of it, which isn't ideal.

Comment

That's right, I forgot one... Thank you. 1 win since '93. I stand by the original claim. Awful.

Comment

That's right, I forgot one... Thank you. 1 win since '93. I stand by the original claim. Awful.
                Thats really not much different than ole Pitt Stain, huh. They are really not known anymore for winning.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                  Thats really not much different than ole Pitt Stain, huh. They are really not known anymore for winning.
                  I haven't seen a single Pitt fan who would argue otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I haven't seen a single Pitt fan who would argue otherwise.
                    Hopefully it changes soon, but that's what makes people fans. Hope.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Hopefully it changes soon, but that's what makes people fans. Hope.
                      I always have hope.

Comment

• To tide you over until Devin is done.... I did wrote these for the MIAA....

http://themiaa.com/news/2019/9/2/mia...-mssu-unk.aspx

http://themiaa.com/news/2019/9/3/foo...u-esu-ucm.aspx

Comment

• Hey everyone. My Week 1 preview will be up Wednesday as soon as I can get it posted. It took me awhile to get information on every team. I still did not get as much information as I wanted, but I knew that you guys were hungry for a blog post. Brandon did a great job writing the MIAA season preview so I decided to dive right into week one.
                          Yes I will do two blogs a week, one to preview and the other to recap.I will do some regional outlook as the year goes on, but will probably rely more on the other columnist to give you those opinions because that will be their expertise. I will bring plenty of stats, as most of you know, I love using numbers to back up my opinions. This might lead to some longer blogs, but I will work on being concise to keep the blogs shorter.
                          Also, I know I will have the reputation as a Northwest Missouri homer. As Brandon and others have said, we all have our biases and I am going to do my best to stay unbiased as possible. That being said, I do know more about NW than I do about any other team in the conference so it is easier for me to write about the Bearcats. If you have any suggestions or comments about my writing that could help me, I am all ears. I want this blog to be as good as possible, Ian left big shoes for me to fill.

Sidenote: The Cardinals are in first place in the NL Central and have the best record in the NL since the All-Star break. I've always been a Cardinals fan despite the rest of the family being Royals fans. I grew up idolizing Albert Pujols. The Chiefs are winning the Super Bowl this year, they finally have the guy at quarterback that other teams are afraid of playing. I have suffered through enough Chiefs failures, time for some happiness.
                          Enjoy the blog. This should be a fun season!

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Who can blame him for not liking the Royals. He clearly likes winning, since he went to NWMSU... Chiefs and Royals aren't really known for that.
                            Ahhh......yes. You have described a true fan. Someone that hops from team to team only when they are winning.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtedBearcat View Post

Ahhh......yes. You have described a true fan. Someone that hops from team to team only when they are winning.
                                Winning is how a lot of teams get their fans. Its how I became a Packer fan. With as little loyalty pro sports have to regions, it seems silly to base it off of anything else. I would have given up on the Royals years ago if I were a fan.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X