Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave up on baseball years ago.

Comment

• Good stuff. Thanks for doing it. Pitt plays ESU on Saturday in week 2, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        Good stuff. Thanks for doing it. Pitt plays ESU on Saturday in week 2, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Winning is how a lot of teams get their fans. Its how I became a Packer fan. With as little loyalty pro sports have to regions, it seems silly to base it off of anything else. I would have given up on the Royals years ago if I were a fan.
          A.) I cheer for the teams in my region. Just how I've always been. I have no connection to Wisconsin, their culture, that team, etc.
          B.) "I would have given up on the Royals years ago if I were a fan" is the exact opposite of what an actual fan would do. You don't pick a team to root for because they're winning in the moment. Then you're going to miss the enjoyment of them finally breaking through. 2015 and 2014 were magical, and even more so because I never stopped being a fan. Are you giving up on the Packers now because they suck and Aaron Rogers is over the hill?

Comment

• Commiserating is not nearly as fun as celebrating.

Comment

• It reads like it was written by a high school kid. I assume his major was in broadcasting not in writing. He barely touched on MoWest in his write up. He also botched his Washburn section. Mitch Schurig not Tyler Schurig is the Qb. I give this a D+.

Comment

• Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                It reads like it was written by a high school kid. I assume his major was in broadcasting not in writing. He barely touched on MoWest in his write up. He also botched his Washburn section. Mitch Schurig not Tyler Schurig is the Qb. I give this a D+.

Comment

• Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                  It reads like it was written by a high school kid. I assume his major was in broadcasting not in writing. He barely touched on MoWest in his write up. He also botched his Washburn section. Mitch Schurig not Tyler Schurig is the Qb. I give this a D+.
                  Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Go-Rilla View Post

A.) I cheer for the teams in my region. Just how I've always been. I have no connection to Wisconsin, their culture, that team, etc.
                    B.) "I would have given up on the Royals years ago if I were a fan" is the exact opposite of what an actual fan would do. You don't pick a team to root for because they're winning in the moment. Then you're going to miss the enjoyment of them finally breaking through. 2015 and 2014 were magical, and even more so because I never stopped being a fan. Are you giving up on the Packers now because they suck and Aaron Rogers is over the hill?
                    Depends on how long they suck and it takes them to get over it. The Pack is still in competition for the playoffs more years than not the last decade, which is what I expect from professional sports teams.

The Royals seasons are subsequently followed by being one of the worst in the league, again. At that point you're just throwing money and time away consistently watching them.

I think professional sports should have fans that chose them because they won, what else do you have to like them? Transient players, transient teams, turnover. They have no loyalty to you, so why should you of them?

I do think amateur sports are different, however.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• That's high praise from hookem

Comment

• I'd be curious what he gave my write ups for the MIAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                              I'd be curious what he gave my write ups for the MIAA.
                              I doubt that he knows there is anything higher than a D+.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                                To tide you over until Devin is done.... I did wrote these for the MIAA....

http://themiaa.com/news/2019/9/2/mia...-mssu-unk.aspx

http://themiaa.com/news/2019/9/3/foo...u-esu-ucm.aspx
                                I like the first 2. When does the 3rd come out?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X