Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dorrel to UCO?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dorrel to UCO?

    Now that Bobeck is out at Central Oklahoma and Dorrel is out at Abilene Christian I have got to believe Dorrel will get a serious look from Central Oklahoma. Obviously Dorrel has ties with both D2 football and the MIAA, he’s a proven winner and now he has recruiting ties in Texas. That could be a home run hire for both Dorrel & UCO.
    Last edited by tarcat; 11-21-2021, 01:09 PM.

  • #2
    I'm sure Dorrel can pick and choose where he wants to go. UCO has long been the "sleeping giant". What's prevented them from taking the next step that UNK and FHSU seem to have taken?

    Is it institutional commitment to success? If so, is AD going to want to go into a situation where he's not given everything he wants?

    Honest questions, not being snarky.
    Cool Story Bro

    Comment


    • #3
      I have also heard and agree UCO is a sleeping giant . I’m thinking with paycom ceo making a ten million dollar donation for stadium renovations UCO is about to get serious about their football program. While I have never been there I hear Edmond is a really nice community.

      Comment


      • #4
        First, it sucks it didn’t work out for AD at ACU. He deserved the step up to FCS, but he certainly chose a difficult situation. Secondly, if he goes to UCO, I would absolutely expect them to be among the upper half of the MIAA within 3 seasons and challenging for the league title within another 2. He is a proven champion as a player, assistant coach and head coach. UCO would be lucky to have him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tarcat View Post
          Now that Bobeck is out at Central Oklahoma and Dorrel is out at Abilene Christian I have got to believe Dorrel will get a serious look from Central Oklahoma. Obviously Dorrel has ties with both D2 football and the MIAA, he’s a proven winner and now he has recruiting ties in Texas. That could be a home run hire for both Dorrel & UCO.
          I would assume he would have lots of options. I wonder if he would be interested in coming back to d2 to take another shot at rebuilding a program, or if he would prefer to go the d1 assistant route as a path back to head coaching.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yes I think options he will consider are a coordinator position at the d1 level or another head-coaching position at the d2 level but you gotta think he’ll get a call from UCO.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tarcat View Post
              Yes I think options he will consider are a coordinator position at the d1 level or another head-coaching position at the d2 level but you gotta think he’ll get a call from UCO.
              IDK. Some schools don't contact people unless they apply.

              I can see both sides. You don't want to miss put on an opportunity to get the right person, but also may not want someone who didn't originally have interest.

              Comment


              • #8
                that’s ridic

                if the ad isn’t proactive relative to whomever they’d necessarily want s(he) should be fired

                Go Bearcats!
                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don’t know how it works I guess but I figured the athletic director would be aggressive in contacting who they desire for the job.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Unrealistic but imagine how much Pitt would have paid him if they released Beck this year

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      A bunch I’ll bet!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I assume ACU Ast Coach Josh Lamberson (former NW QB, Ast Coach under UCM HC Svoboda, and eventual HC at SE Oklahoma, as well as 2 year stint as UNK HC) followed HC Adam Dorrel out the door? Tough gig for Dorrel, or any HC, to have kicked off ACU's jump into D1 FCS. Just curious, was there any truth Dorrel was primarily motivated to move from all of his success at NW and a Maryville community he loved because of a certain NW 'character' he didn't get care for? I don't want to offer the name, altho I would if I knew it was true. Never cared for the guy myself.
                        Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-21-2021, 07:14 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I never heard that and figured he left Northwest for more money and a new challenge. (If true I think I could guess who you are referring of though)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by tarcat View Post
                            I never heard that and figured he left Northwest for more money and a new challenge. (If true I think I could guess who you are referring of though)
                            I would regard the individual(s) as very reliable, although I would agree the ACU move on its own would still have been a pretty solid reason to leave when he did.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                              I assume ACU Ast Coach Josh Lamberson (former NW QB, Ast Coach under UCM HC Svoboda, and eventual HC at SE Oklahoma, as well as 2 year stint as UNK HC) followed HC Adam Dorrel out the door? Tough gig for Dorrel, or any HC, to have kicked off ACU's jump into D1 FCS. Just curious, was there any truth Dorrel was primarily motivated to move from all of his success at NW and a Maryville community he loved because of a certain NW 'character' he didn't get care for? I don't want to offer the name, altho I would if I knew it was true. Never cared for the guy myself.
                              Vision pipe?
                              Cool Story Bro

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X