Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Vision pipe?
    And here I thought everybody loved Vision pipe.

Comment

Comment

Vision pipe?
        So he told you, too???

Comment

A lot of coaching is your situation. NWMSU is the best situation in Division 2. A lot of dudes could win there. ACU is a tough gig. Kingsberry gets fired at Texas Tech, now he has led the cardinals to the best record in the NFL. Alot if good coaches lose in bad situations and a lot of bad coaches win in good situations.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
            I assume ACU Ast Coach Josh Lamberson (former NW QB, Ast Coach under UCM HC Svoboda, and eventual HC at SE Oklahoma, as well as 2 year stint as UNK HC) followed HC Adam Dorrel out the door? Tough gig for Dorrel, or any HC, to have kicked off ACU's jump into D1 FCS. Just curious, was there any truth Dorrel was primarily motivated to move from all of his success at NW and a Maryville community he loved because of a certain NW 'character' he didn't get care for? I don't want to offer the name, altho I would if I knew it was true. Never cared for the guy myself.
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

I'm sure Dorrel can pick and choose where he wants to go. UCO has long been the "sleeping giant". What's prevented them from taking the next step that UNK and FHSU seem to have taken?

Is it institutional commitment to success? If so, is AD going to want to go into a situation where he's not given everything he wants?

Honest questions, not being snarky.
              Richison has donated 25 million total to the school just since 2015. 20 of that million went straight to the athletic department. Id say that at very least HE is serious about winning. HE wrestled at UCO and was rumored to be the reason the longtime wrestling coach was asked to retire. 2015 he donates 10 mil to the athletic department and almost immediately, coach James leaves the wrestling program. James was Richison's coach at UCO and was the man when UCO won 12 of their 15 national championships in wrestling. but he had gotten older and rumor has it, he was losing touch with the kids. Now, the program is back to top 5 every year.

He donates 15 more million a few months ago, they change the name of the football stadium shows designs for end zone hot tubs or whatever more seats and renovate the current ones and a huge video board. etc. etc. and within a month of renaming the stadium, Nick Bobeck steps down.

my personal feeling is he has seen the wrestling team bring back the winning after the infusion of money, the rowing team is 3-time national champions (don't ask. I have no idea what a rowing national championship entails but the school makes a huge deal about it)

softball team completely destroyed and rebuilt a brand new field around the 2017 season around the national championship season.

baseball team leveled their field and built from the ground up in 2017 as well.

Hamilton field house was completely renovated in 2017 where the basketball teams and the volleyball team plays. volleyball is a super power in the MIAA.

like i said, my guess, but with all mentioned, im assuming he wants to bring UCO to the forefront where ever they play. and for the record, he just got the naming rights to the thunder barn for a cool 3 mil a year.....bring the wins, the people follow.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

Richison has donated 25 million total to the school just since 2015. 20 of that million went straight to the athletic department. Id say that at very least HE is serious about winning. HE wrestled at UCO and was rumored to be the reason the longtime wrestling coach was asked to retire. 2015 he donates 10 mil to the athletic department and almost immediately, coach James leaves the wrestling program. James was Richison's coach at UCO and was the man when UCO won 12 of their 15 national championships in wrestling. but he had gotten older and rumor has it, he was losing touch with the kids. Now, the program is back to top 5 every year.

He donates 15 more million a few months ago, they change the name of the football stadium shows designs for end zone hot tubs or whatever more seats and renovate the current ones and a huge video board. etc. etc. and within a month of renaming the stadium, Nick Bobeck steps down.

my personal feeling is he has seen the wrestling team bring back the winning after the infusion of money, the rowing team is 3-time national champions (don't ask. I have no idea what a rowing national championship entails but the school makes a huge deal about it)

softball team completely destroyed and rebuilt a brand new field around the 2017 season around the national championship season.

Hamilton field house was completely renovated in 2017 where the basketball teams and the volleyball team plays. volleyball is a super power in the MIAA.

like i said, my guess, but with all mentioned, im assuming he wants to bring UCO to the forefront where ever they play. and for the record, he just got the naming rights to the thunder barn for a cool 3 mil a year.....bring the wins, the people follow.
                While one time money is great, to build winning programs, a big chunk of money is needed year in and year out. Do you know if he's made that commitment? If he and/or your biggest boosters have, they have a chance to build something big. That type of commitment brings tons of coaching talent.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                  M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Since money is obviously not an issue at Central Oklahoma any thoughts on why Dorrel would not be a top candidate and who else might be?

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                      M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

He should be the top candidate. He has been down in texas recruiting so he should have familiarity with the region. For UCO to be success they need a coach that has ties to the oklahoma, texas, arkansas high schools. That is where they are going to get talent. I think Dorrel benefited from kids taking less scholarship money or even walking on for the chance to play at a program that had a bigger budget for equipment and swag and a reputation for winning most of all at NW. It is a harder task to build a program up, you don't have a depth of good players. How good are his Jayhawk conference juco ties - UCO will need 2 year players before they can rely on kids developing.

Comment

I agree with most of what you said here, and Todd Steidley is an excellent wrestling coach, but the program is not "back to top 5 every year". In fact, they haven't finished in the top 5 under Steidley. I also feel pretty confident that DJ's firing wasn't driven by Richison. I think the AD at the time told Chad what the plan was and Chad trusted that the AD had a good handle on things. I don't believe Chad had any intention of "playing athletic director" back then.

Todd Steidley 2016-17 18-0-0 18th, NCAA II
                          Todd Steidley 2017-18 13-5-0 9th, NCAA II
                          Todd Steidley 2018-19 12-4-0 16th, NCAA IIT
                          Todd Steidley 2019-20 12-2-0 NCAA II canceled
                          Todd Steidley 2020-21 5-0-0 6th, NCAA II

In DJ's last five years, he had a 4th and 5th place finish. Here's hoping Steidley can break into that top 5 this season. Meanwhile, Edmond North High School is getting away with highway robbery with DJ as an assistant coach.

Comment

Originally posted by bronchoforlife View Post

In DJ's last five years, he had a 4th and 5th place finish. Here's hoping Steidley can break into that top 5 this season. Meanwhile, Edmond North High School is getting away with highway robbery with DJ as an assistant coach.
                            yeh. thats no ****. schneider is a great coach too plus at one time they had hardell moore helping them.....that is a tough tough team.

anyway, yeh i guess i didnt pay attention to the finishes but i do know since ive been involved with UCO, they have been top 5 several times. i guess i just assumed they were finishing that way too.
                            on two different occasions richison has put millions into the athletic department. hes a much better person than i if he didnt expect something to be returned.
                            i personally would want NCs and just trouncing teams in that nice shiny stadium with my name on it....

Comment

i personally would want NCs and just trouncing teams in that nice shiny stadium with my name on it....

I wouldn't give up hope yet. If UCO wins a NC in the next 4 years, I will personally contribute to the Jimbo Slice south end zone complex.
                              Go Bronchos!

Comment

If I had that kind of money I would be demanding at least MIAA titles.
                                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X