Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
    Solid as always.

I could be wrong but I think it’ll take more than one year of only getting 1 Miaa team to shift us away from silo scheduling. I’d love for us to move out of it — probably only issue is if we do move out of it we’ll probably partner with gliac or gac in which case turns into some long drives for Hays and UNK fans.
    I would agree unless it keeps Northwest Missouri out for a team like Truman State and if it hurts Pitt State in seeding.
    it’s like in major college football, if it screws over teams like TCU, Wisconsin or Auburn then oh well. But if it screws over Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama or LSU, things change in a hurry.

Comment

• Pitt has been lobbying for a change for a few years. If it keeps NWMSU out, then I think it will help bring an end to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        Pitt has been lobbying for a change for a few years. If it keeps NWMSU out, then I think it will help bring an end to it.
        Nope. NW is only against noncons because they are evil. They won't become any less evil.

Comment

• As NW has slipped nationally it may now be easier to get non conference games if the MIAA goes back to them.

If we could get 2 teams to find new conferences we could go back to my favorite set up(9 con/2 noncon)

Comment

• Are the scheduling issues just a lazy NW excuse? We’ve all heard this for years, but those GLIAC teams like Ferris and Grand Valley schedule 4 or 5 OOC games a year. How would that be any different? Do they have conference alliances? Ferris played traditional powers Central Washington and Lenoir Rhyne this year while GVSU played ranked Colorado Schools, Mines and Pueblo amongst others. I’m just curious and legitimately asking why we say it’s so much harder for us and it doesn’t seem to be a problem for other top programs? What am I missing? It seems to be more of the status quo is just easy and it hasn’t been a detriment to us (yet), even though the argument can be made that has hurt us as far as the ultimate goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
              Are the scheduling issues just a lazy NW excuse? We’ve all heard this for years, but those GLIAC teams like Ferris and Grand Valley schedule 4 or 5 OOC games a year. How would that be any different? Do they have conference alliances? Ferris played traditional powers Central Washington and Lenoir Rhyne this year while GVSU played ranked Colorado Schools, Mines and Pueblo amongst others. I’m just curious and legitimately asking why we say it’s so much harder for us and it doesn’t seem to be a problem for other top programs? What am I missing? It seems to be more of the status quo is just easy and it hasn’t been a detriment to us (yet), even though the argument can be made that has hurt us as far as the ultimate goal.
              Grand Valley is playing Wayne State (Mich) twice this year. Hope it wrecks their strength of schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post

Grand Valley is playing Wayne State (Mich) twice this year. Hope it wrecks their strength of schedule.

Yeah, I saw that… so I guess getting that 5th ooc game wasn’t easy. Lol We (not we the fans, but we the school) complain about having to schedule 1 or 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Yeah, I saw that… so I guess getting that 5th ooc game wasn’t easy. Lol We (not we the fans, but we the school) complain about having to schedule 1 or 2.
                  Definitely lazy and definitely complainers. Just like their fan base. 17 playoffs in a row, 3 national titles, 11 MIAA championships - and did you see that crowd today? No students at all...whatever they announced for their attendance I guaratee they lied.

Lazy complainers that lie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post

I would agree unless it keeps Northwest Missouri out for a team like Truman State and if it hurts Pitt State in seeding.
                    it’s like in major college football, if it screws over teams like TCU, Wisconsin or Auburn then oh well. But if it screws over Oklahoma, Texas, Ohio State, Michigan, Alabama or LSU, things change in a hurry.
                    What you are saying...NW finishes 8-3, misses the PO's and silo scheduling continues its miserable path. NW finishes 9-2, make the PO's, silo scheduling continues its miserable path. NW finishes 9-2, misses the PO's, silo scheduling is on the board to be abolished.

Why not just start flooding our president's office and our A.D.'s office with letters and emails to end this silo crap?
                    Go Hounds!
                    B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                    Cyclone Power
                    ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

Definitely lazy and definitely complainers. Just like their fan base. 17 playoffs in a row, 3 national titles, 11 MIAA championships - and did you see that crowd today? No students at all...whatever they announced for their attendance I guaratee they lied.

I could care less what you think of us as a fan base. But you will be hard pressed to find any NW fan in favor of silo scheduling.
                      Go Hounds!
                      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                      Cyclone Power
                      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by Pistols_33 View Post

Wow… that’s a hot take. Lol

Comment

• My Week 11 MIAA Column. I give my prediction on the Super Region Three playoff race and I breakdown the huge game in Emporia this Saturday.
                          https://www.d2football.com/miaa-column-2022-11-09/

Comment

• Ferris SOS is going to take a hit this week. Wayne state is terrible and Davenport port will lose. I don’t think a 7-2 gliac team gets in with the fewer d2 games, and playing the same team twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devin Albertson View Post
                              My Week 11 MIAA Column. I give my prediction on the Super Region Three playoff race and I breakdown the huge game in Emporia this Saturday.
                              https://www.d2football.com/miaa-column-2022-11-09/
                              Good stuff.
                              A couple of things.
                              ---Davenport is 7 and 1, not 8 and 0
                              ---The WU pbp guy said Simoncic had shoulder surgery the week before the Pitt game.
                              ---the "my dad wasn't even born" comment was hilarious.

Comment

• Excuse my language, but HOLY ****! Did Emporia just get picked over NW in a MIAA column…..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X