Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was pleased with how clean of a game we played overall. 4 penalties for 30 yards is good compared to what we've seen on average this season. of course the refs arms may have just been worn out from throwing all the flags on UCM. they got hammered and it could have been a bunch worse. that offensive line is pretty bad with the holding especially the tackles. i saw very few plays where one of them weren't grabbing jersey on the outside of the frame. don't know if he was hurt, slow or lazy but, holding could have been called on him 80% of his plays.

running game was pretty good. line is still learning how to get it done in college. one redshirt was burned for the online about 3 games ago so we finished with 2 true freshman, a redshirt freshman a sophomore and junior as your starting lineup on the oline.
    1 SR TE and two freshman as backups (both of them scored more TDs and had better stats than the starter.)
    2 freshman as rotating starters at RB with the junior coming in at FB at certain times.
    a junior and 2 soph start at WR
    and of course a senior at QB (rumors are still there about him coming back for his covid year)

honestly, if steph isn't the starter next year, I'm not sure the starter is even on campus right now? depends on rumors. more on this later.

Comment

• Cho-line is reloading after losing Fuentes and Slater. Looks like we should be getting VA Tech transfer Jaevon Becton next year. Kid looks like a stud.

Jimbo your boy is gonna have to step up his game to compete for reps on that D-Line.
      Roll Chos!

Comment

• Originally posted by RollChos View Post
        Cho-line is reloading after losing Fuentes and Slater. Looks like we should be getting VA Tech transfer Jaevon Becton next year. Kid looks like a stud.

Jimbo your boy is gonna have to step up his game to compete for reps on that D-Line.
        o yeh? that's cool! wonder what the connection is there? his film is a little tough to judge either noone was able to block him or the coordinators decided to run away from him.
        we're losing more than Fuentes and slater. there are a couple of more non players in that group.
        i have no doubt in the kid. weight is already up to 255-260 now and HE THINKS he could have rotated in this year.
        Last edited by jimbo slice; 11-15-2022, 07:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

o yeh? that's cool! wonder what the connection is there? his film is a little tough to judge either noone was able to block him or the coordinators decided to run away from him.
          we're losing more than Fuentes and slater. there are a couple of more non players in that group.
          i have no doubt in the kid. weight is already up to 255-260 now and HE THINKS he could have rotated in this year.
          You sure he doesn’t want to move over to offense to help out? The O-Line could use another Stilwell after the way they played this year. Lol
          Roll Chos!

Comment

Not sure if this is the connection you're wondering about, but your Coach Lechtenberg on the offensive side of the ball was a running backs coach at VT.

Comment

• Originally posted by RollChos View Post

You sure he doesn’t want to move over to offense to help out? The O-Line could use another Stilwell after the way they played this year. Lol
              haha. doubtful. that's why he isn't at Harding or Ouachita right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Not sure if this is the connection you're wondering about, but your Coach Lechtenberg on the offensive side of the ball was a running backs coach at VT.
                ahhh for sure. i bet thats it!

Comment

• A Dozen Bronchos Honored By MIAA - University of Central Oklahoma Athletics (bronchosports.com)

this is kind of what ive been saying this season....

*UCO posted a 6-5 record in 2022, its first winning season since 2018. Dorrel, in his first season at Central, played 22 sophomores, 18 redshirt freshmen, and 10 true freshmen. That group of 50 is two-thirds of the 74 that took snaps on the field this Falll. *

Comment

A Dozen Bronchos Honored By MIAA - University of Central Oklahoma Athletics (bronchosports.com)

*UCO posted a 6-5 record in 2022, its first winning season since 2018. Dorrel, in his first season at Central, played 22 sophomores, 18 redshirt freshmen, and 10 true freshmen. That group of 50 is two-thirds of the 74 that took snaps on the field this Falll. *
                    We were super young this season. Just hope we can keep the band together with the dern transfer portal. Kids don’t like to sit 2-3 years and wait their turn anymore.
                    Roll Chos!

Comment

• Also, just to make it more public. Steph Brown will return at QB next year! Super excited for the stability at the position. AD should get this offense in shape with a full offseason.
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

A Dozen Bronchos Honored By MIAA - University of Central Oklahoma Athletics (bronchosports.com)

Injuries at WR and RB and a very young O-line made it difficult for the offense to have any consistency. I thought the defense carried the team most of the season, but suffered meltdowns at Mowest and Moso. At UNK they had the All-MIAA QB under control for 58 minutes then let him beat them the last two minutes. Over the winter and into spring I expect the team to jell as they get used to the new coaches and their system. 6-5 was better than expected. The wins over Emporia and NW were huge. An upset of UNK would have been icing on the cake and they almost pulled it off with underclassmen and walk-ons. The win over Central Missouri, while ugly, ended the season on a positive note and will help with attitude over the winter. I do know that one of AD's most important stats is graduation rate, so I expect the players to be hitting the books hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by NW Normal View Post

Injuries at WR and RB and a very young O-line made it difficult for the offense to have any consistency. I thought the defense carried the team most of the season but suffered meltdowns at Mowest and Moso. At UNK they had the All-MIAA QB under control for 58 minutes then let him beat them the last two minutes. Over the winter and into spring I expect the team to jell as they get used to the new coaches and their system. 6-5 was better than expected. The wins over Emporia and NW were huge. An upset of UNK would have been icing on the cake and they almost pulled it off with underclassmen and walk-ons. The win over Central Missouri, while ugly, ended the season on a positive note and will help with attitude over the winter. I do know that one of AD's most important stats is graduation rate, so I expect the players to be hitting the books hard.
                          very true about the meltdowns. I don't know that we were ever in the mowest game but MOSO and UNK those games were ours for the taking. at the end of the first half at MOSO we took a personal foul penalty on a 3rd down that ended up being an incomplete pass. i believe it was hands to the face or unsportsmanlike or something. i know the player... just not going to say it. so instead of getting the ball back with 3 minutes left or so with the offense finally getting traction, we give them the ball back and we go into a bend but don't break shell that didn't work out. 20 something seconds left in the half we give up a score. game wasnt over at that point but attitude seemed to lean towards defeat it seemed. they still played hard but didn't seem to do it with the same gusto.

unk similar thing happened at the end of the game. false start causes us to go from something like 3rd and 2 to 3rd and 7 and we ended up not getting the first. we get the first down there, we secure the game. it's over. we win. obviously, UNK gets the ball back, kicks the FG and its sad faces all around. just small, tiny mistakes cost us.

in my opinion, we did well against ES and NW and NK because the team is too young to know any kind of fear of those three teams. we played ES and NW at their barns last year so as redshirts, they weren't on the sidelines and likely weren't watching on the internet. Our true freshman had no clue they were even going to go to UCO so they weren't in the mix either. as far as the sophomores go...we have at least 4 junior college transfers and several that have transferred from other colleges that don't know those three teams either. so, you're looking at upwards of 30 kids that saw the field this year that has very little personal knowledge of NK,NW or ES. they just went out and played. talent on talent. coach on coach.
                          Quick story. i learned about this in the off season watching the Cho pod cast. never knew it at all and it was my kid that did it to a kid ive known since he was 6 or 7 when i was coaching him.
                          super senior Dante Mcgee is telling the story about the 2108 season when we beat NW in Edmond. NW (surely as a way to intimidate) took up residence during warmups right outside of our Lockeroom and under the nearest goal post to our locker rooms. which means we have to go through them to get to the field somehow. Dante is telling the story and says that the receivers start to go to the sidelines to go around the NW formation. my kid says where you guys going. F them! this is our house and then jogged right down the middle of their formation drills and all with all of the oline and dline going with. that game we went out and took it to them. looking back on it, largely because the attitude the players brought to that game.

reload can say what he wants about his team just being better but sometimes it just comes down to the guys that execute. his guys didn't that day because our guys weren't scared or didn't care and made ES make mistakes. they had nothing to lose. they were expected to finish 2nd to last in conference this year.
                          in the same vein, that's why ES continues to lose to NW and Pitt. are they a better team than NW? maybe? probably? but there's history and both sides players know it.

6-5 is definitely not where anyone expected us. no one in the media, none of the coaches, many on this board and i feel the players themselves didn't feel it. especially after that MO west game.
                          these current redshirts are the only ones Hes recruited so he doesn't even have "his kids" on the field yet of course, with the exception of the 10 freshmen he burned redshirts on.
                          i know one of them was a lineman. because of injury, it just had to happen. most lineman aren't ready at 18 years old to get in and grind on the o and dline so they fact that he burned that redshirt shows of the quality of guys Hes been able to recruit thus far.

with the backs...clearly, we didn't have the talent or attitude he could deal with, so they were cleared out and his guys have taken to the roles pretty nicely. the one we lost to concussions was a bummer. he was going to be a super star in my opinion. i watched him for 2 years in high school and was a force. when he played this year, he was tough to get a solid hit on. but one was all it takes obviously lol.

we can't overlook anyone from here on out. everyone has players on scholarship, and we won't be sneaking up on anyone this time. treat everyone with respect but fear no one.

love this staff and what they've done this season. hope we can keep them together. but i fear how long a few of them will be here.

Comment

• twitter official.... Dawson Herl moving to Edmond Oklahoma.

Comment

twitter official.... Dawson Herl moving to Edmond Oklahoma.
                              TE/OLB/DE transfer from Boise State committed. reportedly 6'4" 235. not sure wha hes being recruited for

3 300+lb oline transfers offered and 2 of them have committed to us.

Comment

• Is he a graduate transfer?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X