4 Ouachita Baptist 10-0
    5 Davenport 7-1
    6 Truman State 8-1
    7 Indianapolis 7-1
    8 Harding 8-2
    9 Emporia State 8-2
    10 Northwest Missouri 8-2

Winner of Truman/Indy is in.

Harding move up and in cause AK Tech isn't going to beat them.

Davenport in a loss to GV is not going to drop below the ESU/NW winner.

So NW/ESU winner, can't get in, without a miracle.

That about right? What am I missing?

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

You’re going to continue to believe whatever you want, I get it. But I talked to people all across the University when they made the switch (because it really bothered me as an alum who played against other MIAA teams), and it was truly a University decision, spearheaded by the then-President. Believe it or not, football wasn’t the main driver of the move — Truman had 21 sports at the time, some of which weren’t sponsored by the MIAA, so it benefitted a number of Truman’s programs including men’s soccer and swimming in particular.

I’ve said it before (in. this. thread.) that the GLVC footprint of Chicago and St. Louis, as well as secondarily Kansas City, Indianapolis and (then) Louisville, suited the entire University, both the academic and athletic nature of competing with similarly sized schools with similar academic standards and principles. Truman has also really worked central/eastern Iowa hard as well, particularly in men’s basketball, since the move.
    Do y’all still have that crappy stadium and visitors locker room or have they upgraded since you are winning games now?

Leave a comment:

• reloadmvp
    replied
    Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post

ESU has fielded some good teams against some weak NW teams. That said, it's still a 26 game win streak for NW that ESU would have to finally break this weekend.

Entirely possible, but NW really has their number too, even in bad years.
    Historically…. It’s came down to coaching.

Leave a comment:

• TSU_Mike59
    replied
    Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I get it, but 2 things.

One... glvc schools need to Quit lying about why they did it.
    Two.... change PO criteria before the playoffs becomes 90% crappy teams gaming the system.
    You’re going to continue to believe whatever you want, I get it. But I talked to people all across the University when they made the switch (because it really bothered me as an alum who played against other MIAA teams), and it was truly a University decision, spearheaded by the then-President. Believe it or not, football wasn’t the main driver of the move — Truman had 21 sports at the time, some of which weren’t sponsored by the MIAA, so it benefitted a number of Truman’s programs including men’s soccer and swimming in particular.

I’ve said it before (in. this. thread.) that the GLVC footprint of Chicago and St. Louis, as well as secondarily Kansas City, Indianapolis and (then) Louisville, suited the entire University, both the academic and athletic nature of competing with similarly sized schools with similar academic standards and principles. Truman has also really worked central/eastern Iowa hard as well, particularly in men’s basketball, since the move.

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
    I hated that Truman left. Then I had to go to kirksville . I then got why they left . Can't blame them for going. It was right move. They have winning football teams make alum and donors happy which makes institution happier. I bet all of the schools who left feel the same way . It's working for them. And they picked well with schedule. Might be good enough to get them in over nwmsu. There will be some hurt feelings and trash talking then
    I get it, but 2 things.

One... glvc schools need to Quit lying about why they did it.
    Two.... change PO criteria before the playoffs becomes 90% crappy teams gaming the system.

Leave a comment:

• the Northeasterner
    replied
    I hated that Truman left. Then I had to go to kirksville . I then got why they left . Can't blame them for going. It was right move. They have winning football teams make alum and donors happy which makes institution happier. I bet all of the schools who left feel the same way . It's working for them. And they picked well with schedule. Might be good enough to get them in over nwmsu. There will be some hurt feelings and trash talking then

Leave a comment:

• Alfred33
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

That's my point. Truman didn't duck GV. Traveled (and GV played AT Truman too.) So there's something more than just not wanting a loss to NW if they played AND traveled to GV
    I might be wrong, but I think his point was that NW and Truman would be battling for some of the same athletes and students in general. Taking a loss to GVSU doesn’t negatively move that needle as much as a yearly beatdown from NWMSU might. I don’t know… whatever the reasons, it was a good move for Truman.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

If I won the Powerball I could care less what MIAA does with football scheduling. I'll be worrying about my next drink to order sitting on the beach somewhere tropical, haha.
    That's a given.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

I bought my Powerball tickets this morning. If I win it, I guarantee silo scheduling will be a thing of the past in the MIAA.
    If I won the Powerball I could care less what MIAA does with football scheduling. I'll be worrying about my next drink to order sitting on the beach somewhere tropical, haha.

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied

I agree. NW has the best front 7 in the conference, but has major holes in other areas. ESU is really solid and deep on D, really good pass O, getting closer to balanced on that side of the ball, and decent on special teams.

That said, I don't know that they know how to win with their backs against the wall like NW has done a few times this season.
    ESU has fielded some good teams against some weak NW teams. That said, it's still a 26 game win streak for NW that ESU would have to finally break this weekend.

Entirely possible, but NW really has their number too, even in bad years.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied

More about being able to sell Truman to recruits, imo.

GV is a billion miles from Yruman, NW isnt.
    That's my point. Truman didn't duck GV. Traveled (and GV played AT Truman too.) So there's something more than just not wanting a loss to NW if they played AND traveled to GV

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Can't argue with that, but Truman has played GV and other good schools since they left. I suspect it wasn't so much about competition with NW but likely some grudge. That's just an opinion from someone with no dog in this fight.
    More about being able to sell Truman to recruits, imo.

GV is a billion miles from Yruman, NW isnt.

Leave a comment:

• Redwing
    replied
    Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
    After Truman left the MIAA and there were still OOC games in the MIAA - Truman refused to play NW. NW tried to schedule them (it would continue the Hickory Stick game as well as help SOS because Truman was going to be above .500 in the GLVC). So even though the footprint might be better in the GLVC - the weaker competition was definitely a huge factor
    Can't argue with that, but Truman has played GV and other good schools since they left. I suspect it wasn't so much about competition with NW but likely some grudge. That's just an opinion from someone with no dog in this fight.

Leave a comment:

• CatFan88
    replied
    Originally posted by BearcatDude View Post
    After Truman left the MIAA and there were still OOC games in the MIAA - Truman refused to play NW. NW tried to schedule them (it would continue the Hickory Stick game as well as help SOS because Truman was going to be above .500 in the GLVC). So even though the footprint might be better in the GLVC - the weaker competition was definitely a huge factor
    He's still wearing the Kool-Aid goggles.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X