Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southside
    replied
    Is it just me or does the portal seem quiet this year? Maybe it picks up after signing day?

Leave a comment:

• Loper5
    replied
    Guessing Jimmy Harrison ends up there too. I was hoping some of the coaches would have been asked to stay, but thinking a few of them end up down at WT too.

Leave a comment:

• loper legionnaire
    replied
    The first UNK to WTAMU transfer I'm aware of. Backup linebacker Joshua Beaird.

https://twitter.com/jbeaird00/status...iiaZNObgQ&s=19

Leave a comment:

• GorillaTeacher
    replied
    Can’t wait to see how more data will bear out, but it still seems true that the majority of players that enter the portal, don’t get another 4 year college opportunity.

Leave a comment:

• ForeverGreen
    replied
    Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
    Transfer portal is really going to muddy everything up and make it like juco. Teams with the strongest culture will retain good players. Changes grey shirting the most in my opinion. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if KU/KSU got kids to go d2 for a year to develop then poached best performers.
    Yeah, I can see a minor league of sorts, all the way from Blue Bloods poaching from other Power 5 schools all the way down through the divisions. Open Pay for Play is changing the game for sure. I still think there will be a good product in D2 and I hope kids get a good feel for their realistic options before entering the portal. Hate to see kids lose out on college because they see greener pastures that aren’t actually there.

Leave a comment:

• HookemHerd
    replied
    Transfer portal is really going to muddy everything up and make it like juco. Teams with the strongest culture will retain good players. Changes grey shirting the most in my opinion. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if KU/KSU got kids to go d2 for a year to develop then poached best performers.

Leave a comment:

• washeduptiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I saw those comments as well. They were not consistent with my experience with Phil, but I also trust the person who passed on the information.
    Suppose time will tell.

I didn’t get to meet Phil really. Him and Bryant came in right after I finished and really revamped the offensive side of the ball. Most of the guys that were still playing the couple years after me spoke relatively good things about him.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

Would make a lot of sense honestly. Vigil is very good on the Xs and Os from what I heard. Hell of a recruiter from my understanding as well. Found it interesting some of the comments about character made by wtam folks on lsc board.
    I saw those comments as well. They were not consistent with my experience with Phil, but I also trust the person who passed on the information.

Leave a comment:

• washeduptiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Maybe to CSUP to play for Phil Vigil?
    Would make a lot of sense honestly. Vigil is very good on the Xs and Os from what I heard. Hell of a recruiter from my understanding as well. Found it interesting some of the comments about character made by wtam folks on lsc board.

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Appears QB chance fuller is hitting the portal after getting injured this year. Didn’t think he had any eligibility left so we’ll see
    Maybe to CSUP to play for Phil Vigil?

Leave a comment:

• loper legionnaire
    replied
    UNK linebacker Jimmy Harrison, who was second on the team in tackles last year, is now in the portal. The Lopers will look pretty different on defense next year personnel wise.

Leave a comment:

• jimbo slice
    replied
    Fun stat
    ouch!

Leave a comment:

• washeduptiger
    replied
    Fun stat
    Attached Files
    Last edited by washeduptiger; 12-23-2022, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    Appears QB chance fuller is hitting the portal after getting injured this year. Didn’t think he had any eligibility left so we’ll see
    Only played in 2 games this season so probably will get a med red. Rare seven-year guy!

Leave a comment:

• washeduptiger
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X