Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitt State Forever View Post
    Dawson Herl committed to UCO yesterday.
    Yeh saw that today on Twitter. Looks as though we're going to have a hell of a qb battle in edmond. The current starter and current backup vs a proven d2 qb transfer and a kid whose is a self described game film nerd who is ranked nationally in 200 meter sprint. started as a freshman at 5a Grove. Grandpa is AN OC at a different school....this kid is going to be the franchise but how soon will he play?

This race is going to be good. Either way, UCO will be stronger for it.

Comment

Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
      UNK reserve linebacker Amir Abdullah is another one in the portal.
      Abdullah is headed to Illinois State.

Comment

Appears QB chance fuller is hitting the portal after getting injured this year. Didn’t think he had any eligibility left so we’ll see

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
          Appears QB chance fuller is hitting the portal after getting injured this year. Didn’t think he had any eligibility left so we’ll see
          Only played in 2 games this season so probably will get a med red. Rare seven-year guy!

Comment

Fun stat
            Attached Files
            Last edited by washeduptiger; 12-23-2022, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Fun stat
              ouch!

Comment

UNK linebacker Jimmy Harrison, who was second on the team in tackles last year, is now in the portal. The Lopers will look pretty different on defense next year personnel wise.

Comment

Maybe to CSUP to play for Phil Vigil?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Maybe to CSUP to play for Phil Vigil?
                    Would make a lot of sense honestly. Vigil is very good on the Xs and Os from what I heard. Hell of a recruiter from my understanding as well. Found it interesting some of the comments about character made by wtam folks on lsc board.

Comment

• Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post

Would make a lot of sense honestly. Vigil is very good on the Xs and Os from what I heard. Hell of a recruiter from my understanding as well. Found it interesting some of the comments about character made by wtam folks on lsc board.
                      I saw those comments as well. They were not consistent with my experience with Phil, but I also trust the person who passed on the information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I saw those comments as well. They were not consistent with my experience with Phil, but I also trust the person who passed on the information.
                        Suppose time will tell.

I didn’t get to meet Phil really. Him and Bryant came in right after I finished and really revamped the offensive side of the ball. Most of the guys that were still playing the couple years after me spoke relatively good things about him.

Comment

• Transfer portal is really going to muddy everything up and make it like juco. Teams with the strongest culture will retain good players. Changes grey shirting the most in my opinion. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if KU/KSU got kids to go d2 for a year to develop then poached best performers.

Comment

• Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                            Transfer portal is really going to muddy everything up and make it like juco. Teams with the strongest culture will retain good players. Changes grey shirting the most in my opinion. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if KU/KSU got kids to go d2 for a year to develop then poached best performers.
                            Yeah, I can see a minor league of sorts, all the way from Blue Bloods poaching from other Power 5 schools all the way down through the divisions. Open Pay for Play is changing the game for sure. I still think there will be a good product in D2 and I hope kids get a good feel for their realistic options before entering the portal. Hate to see kids lose out on college because they see greener pastures that aren’t actually there.

Comment

• Can’t wait to see how more data will bear out, but it still seems true that the majority of players that enter the portal, don’t get another 4 year college opportunity.

Comment

• The first UNK to WTAMU transfer I'm aware of. Backup linebacker Joshua Beaird.

https://twitter.com/jbeaird00/status...iiaZNObgQ&s=19

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X