X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IfYouAintLope
    replied
    Originally posted by loper legionnaire View Post
    Lopers Name Co-Interim Coaches- https://ruralradio.com/krvn/news/lop...terim-coaches/

DC Levi Gallas and STC Jake Willrich are in charge for the time being. This would seem to indicate that OC Drew Thatcher isn't a candidate for the job and likely will be departing with Lynn.

I also wonder if naming co-interim coaches means an outside hire is the most likely outcome. If one of those guys wasn't good enough to be the solo interim coach, why would they be expected to get the job full time? But maybe I'm reading too much into it.
    My 2 cents:

Wouldn’t be surprised if thatcher left, he’s arguably as big of a loss for UNK as Lynn is

of the two interim, I think that gallas would be the favorite to get the job, likely sharing interim title as willrich was associate HC while Lynn was here

Leave a comment:

• libertybearcat
    replied
    Lopers Name Co-Interim Coaches- https://ruralradio.com/krvn/news/lop...terim-coaches/

DC Levi Gallas and STC Jake Willrich are in charge for the time being. This would seem to indicate that OC Drew Thatcher isn't a candidate for the job and likely will be departing with Lynn.

I also wonder if naming co-interim coaches means an outside hire is the most likely outcome. If one of those guys wasn't good enough to be the solo interim coach, why would they be expected to get the job full time? But maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Adding to my list of candidates from last night, I wonder if any recently fired coaches would be considered for a fresh start? Williamson from Missouri Western or Anderson from Sioux Falls?

Another name I came across was Bryan Nardo. Currently DC at Gannon and was DC for Emporia from 2012-2019. His brother Luke also spent time as a GA at UNK.

Also, do I need to throw out the obligatory Jerry Partridge speculation? :)
    Heard Williamson was getting out of coaching.

Leave a comment:

• loper legionnaire
    replied

Adding to my list of candidates from last night, I wonder if any recently fired coaches would be considered for a fresh start? Williamson from Missouri Western or Anderson from Sioux Falls?

Another name I came across was Bryan Nardo. Currently DC at Gannon and was DC for Emporia from 2012-2019. His brother Luke also spent time as a GA at UNK.

Also, do I need to throw out the obligatory Jerry Partridge speculation? :)

Leave a comment:

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    Originally posted by northwest missouri state View Post
    10 yr track record with middling results sans tj davis

wt may end up regretting this (or not but he’s not as “proven” as some think)

be interesting to see what they paid & what happens with respect to the portal

nk (i would think) will likely be partial to someone keeping the current offense or something similar given qb1’s skillset presuming they’re able to keep him
    I wonder if the coach will take Davis with him?

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    Originally posted by Magic Man View Post

You are exactly right and the softball and soccer coaches hires were trainrwrecks.
    Eh, the softball coach put them in the MIAA Tourney last year for the first time in forever and they beat like the No. 4 team (UCO) in the nation. It wasn't a great process, yes, but the result looks to be fine. And the soccer coach they first hired was big-time winner but then left for family reasons. We'll see on the new guy there.

Leave a comment:

• Magic Man
    replied
    Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
    I have faith in our AD Marc Bauer, however this is his first coaching hire outside of our perrenial cellar dweller womens soccer program. Plinske set us up pretty good coaching wise before his departure when hiring popped up on his desk.
    You are exactly right and the softball and soccer coaches hires were trainrwrecks.

Leave a comment:

• northwest missouri state
    replied
    10 yr track record with middling results sans tj davis

wt may end up regretting this (or not but he’s not as “proven” as some think)

be interesting to see what they paid & what happens with respect to the portal

nk (i would think) will likely be partial to someone keeping the current offense or something similar given qb1’s skillset presuming they’re able to keep him

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Flohr is within an hour or so of both his and his wife's family at South Dakota so I'd be surprised if they leave that. I've seen multiple social media updates with their family being able to attend their children's activities that weren't frequently available when he was at NW. However, an opportunity to come back and have a chance to put it on NW after being a scapegoat could have some appeal for him.

Leave a comment:

• AlexTheHAMMER
    replied
    There had been some chatter on the LSC board that this announcement could be coming. I was hoping it was just a rumor or wishful thinking, so I'm disappointed it's not. Just when we were building some momentum, we could be looking at a step back, if not starting from scratch again.

That said, I figured the rumors were realistic enough that I started thinking about possible replacements. Here's who I came up with.

Internal Promotion
    Drew Thatcher, current UNK OC - A coordinator would seem most likely to be promoted of any current coach and the Loper offense has been more consistent than the defense. In theory, an internal hire would be least disruptive to the program, provided Lynn doesn't take a bunch of staff with him.

Loper Ties
    Scott Lewis, UNK DC 2017-2020, currently DC at St. Francis (PA) - Would a head coaching offer pull him away from his DC role at his alma mater?

Colorado Recruiting and MIAA Ties
    Charlie Flohr, current South Dakota Mines HC, Northwest Missouri OC 2013-2019

Josh Breske, current Black Hills State HC, Lindenwood OL coach 2017-2019

For either of these guys, would UNK be considered a step up, or perhaps more importantly, worth the challenge of heading back to the MIAA?

I think that Flohr is the most viable candidate out of this group. I could see Thatcher going with Lynn to WTA&M, Lewis likes being at St. Francis and being closer to family, and Breske is at his alma mater.

...we did hire Lynn from his alma mater at Eastern New Mexico, so we've lured candidates away from home base

Leave a comment:

• loper legionnaire
    replied
    There had been some chatter on the LSC board that this announcement could be coming. I was hoping it was just a rumor or wishful thinking, so I'm disappointed it's not. Just when we were building some momentum, we could be looking at a step back, if not starting from scratch again.

That said, I figured the rumors were realistic enough that I started thinking about possible replacements. Here's who I came up with.

Internal Promotion
    Drew Thatcher, current UNK OC - A coordinator would seem most likely to be promoted of any current coach and the Loper offense has been more consistent than the defense. In theory, an internal hire would be least disruptive to the program, provided Lynn doesn't take a bunch of staff with him.

Loper Ties
    Scott Lewis, UNK DC 2017-2020, currently DC at St. Francis (PA) - Would a head coaching offer pull him away from his DC role at his alma mater?

Colorado Recruiting and MIAA Ties
    Charlie Flohr, current South Dakota Mines HC, Northwest Missouri OC 2013-2019

Josh Breske, current Black Hills State HC, Lindenwood OL coach 2017-2019

For either of these guys, would UNK be considered a step up, or perhaps more importantly, worth the challenge of heading back to the MIAA?

Leave a comment:

• AlexTheHAMMER
    replied
    I have faith in our AD Marc Bauer, however this is his first coaching hire outside of our perrenial cellar dweller womens soccer program. Plinske set us up pretty good coaching wise before his departure when hiring popped up on his desk.

Leave a comment:

• Mule4ever
    replied
    Maybe Josh Lamberson will come back he won 4 games this year. Or it could be Adam Lambert.

Leave a comment:

• Try II
    replied
    Look internally first ... they have good momentum, a good group coming back, apparently good recruits coming in etc. All that could go away by bringing in an outsider who'll have a new scheme, message, etc. Unfortunately, the Lopers can return to the bottom of the MIAA right quick.

Leave a comment:

• IfYouAintLope
    started a topic Who’s the new coach at UNK?

Who’s the new coach at UNK?

Wow. Lynn is stepping down?
    Who’s the replacement?
    https://t.co/9zC2is0fw1

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X