Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA to expand to 20???

In a recent interview the MIAA Commissioner stated that they were planning on expanding to as many as 20 teams. He also said that some schools had reached out to the MIAA about possible membership. Any ideas on who that might be?

https://central.newschannelnebraska....-or-20-schools

Originally posted by wubod View Post
    In a recent interview the MIAA Commissioner stated that they were planning on expanding to as many as 20 teams. He also said that some schools had reached out to the MIAA about possible membership. Any ideas on who that might be?

Saw that...seemed to hint at 12 football schools and maybe D1's dropping back to D2...I have no idea who they're thinking. Seems we've run thru all the FB schools in our foot print. I don't know enough about schools in the southern part of our current foot print to know who may or may not be candidates...but with the lack of success with some of those schools in the conference, what other schools would dip their toes into the MIAA pool.

Comment

I recall that years ago Drury and Rockhurst had applied for MIAA membership, however this was before the MIAA would accept non-football schools. I"m curious if they'd consider moving to the MIAA?

Comment

I recall that years ago Drury and Rockhurst had applied for MIAA membership, however this was before the MIAA would accept non-football schools. I"m curious if they'd consider moving to the MIAA?
        Definitely fit in the foot print and travel costs would be reduced somewhat for them.

Comment

SEMO would be a good candidate to drop down.

LSC, NSIC, GAC, MIAA and GSC are all kind of in a scramble. Going big provides stability and flexibility. I could see teams being sold on those benefits.

Racy has been talking about this for a while. I'm hoping the fact that he's bringing it up again means it's closer to happening.

Comment

They’ll water down the league by adding some POS schools like Lincoln again. In my opinion.
            Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by RollChos View Post

They’ll water down the league by adding some POS schools like Lincoln again. In my opinion.
              Meh, it's a crap shoot, tbh.
              Lincoln, NSU, UCO, UNK
              All were terrible when they joined the conference. 2 got better, 2 stayed bad.

I mean Lincoln has been what they are forever, so going in, everyone knew they wouldn't get better. UNK was hamstrung by old RMAC scholly caps and it took them a minute to fundraise. UCO and NSU were similar to each other in quality of play when they came in. UCO had much better resources than NSU, though.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the GLIAC would take any of those... as long as they are stable. Like many things, it's relative. It's tough trying to schedule games these days. And it's not just the quality of competition issue (high or low.)

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm pretty sure the GLIAC would take any of those... as long as they are stable. Like many things, it's relative. It's tough trying to schedule games these days. And it's not just the quality of competition issue (high or low.)
                  As a school, any stable school will do. As a fan, I absolutely hate watching lopsided beat downs when you know it's going to be like that every year forever. If most of your home games happen to be against lambs for a couple of years in a row, it could take years for attendance to recover.

Comment

I disagree. In fact, don't think it makes much sense to have all the best teams and schools in the same league. What is the logic for eliminating UCO (for example) from the playoffs by losing to Pitt State (for example) during the regular season while Oklahoma Baptist (for example) makes the playoffs because they had to play Monticello (for example) and won?

Wouldn't the playoffs have been better with UCO as a participant?

Comment

I wrote about this last time Racy was on the Doug and Daddy show (January). Rip me to shreds lol

https://alexhammeke.wordpress.com/20...iaa-expansion/

Comment

Originally posted by AlexTheHAMMER View Post
                        I wrote about this last time Racy was on the Doug and Daddy show (January). Rip me to shreds lol

https://alexhammeke.wordpress.com/20...iaa-expansion/
                        Nice work Alex.

A lot more possibilities than I would have thought.

What would make a NSIC or GLVC team leave for the MIAA if travel is more in the MIAA? Thinking Wayne State, Maryville University...

UMSL and Rolla left the conference, why would they come back if they're in a decent conference?

Ft Smith Ark, is intriguing, no idea how good their programs are, but wouldn't their travel be cut in the MIAA vs. LSC?

The Oklahoma schools make some sense too...wouldn't leaving the GAC mean more travel?

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Nice work Alex.

A lot more possibilities than I would have thought.

What would make a NSIC or GLVC team leave for the MIAA if travel is more in the MIAA? Thinking Wayne State, Maryville University...

UMSL and Rolla left the conference, why would they come back if they're in a decent conference?

Ft Smith Ark, is intriguing, no idea how good their programs are, but wouldn't their travel be cut in the MIAA vs. LSC?

The Oklahoma schools make some sense too...wouldn't leaving the GAC mean more travel?
                          I couldn't see one nsic team leaving, but could see all of them combining with the current MIAA to make a big conference.

What Arkansas team is in the LSC?

Comment

Oh. NM. I see it in the article. The lsc has a bunch of schools I didn't know they had and or have never heard of.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

As a school, any stable school will do. As a fan, I absolutely hate watching lopsided beat downs when you know it's going to be like that every year forever. If most of your home games happen to be against lambs for a couple of years in a row, it could take years for attendance to recover.
                              Different strokes for different folks I guess. FWIW, GV had over 10k for Lincoln (CA) which some would argue isn't even a college team. And I can't see how a conference adding a couple of doormats results in having current members having most homegames against them. Pitt is a solid program and I suspect comes out on top both financially and athletically by playing a home game against anyone. Point being... it's better than an open date. It just seems that more and more schools are having issues with filling their schedules.. for whatever the reason. And there is always a chance for those new members to upgrade their teams.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X