Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MIAA Media Day

Will there be any surprises in the Preseason polls?

I know these polls are meaningless but after months of almost nothing to discuss hopefully some good conversations come out of the pomp and circumstance tomorrow. I am expecting the usual Pitt and NW sandbagging “we’ll have to see how good we can be” and the NSU “we are turning the culture around” type comments.
    Roll Chos!

NW will be #1
    NSU will be number Lincoln

Comment

Pitt, NW, ESU, WU, UCO, UNK, everyone else, NSU.

Both polls agree on the top 6 and last place.

Comment

https://themiaa.com/news/2023/7/24/m...23-season.aspx
        Go Bearcats!
        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

MOSO #10 in the coaches poll. Still a lot of work to do to earn even a sliver of respect from the coaches. Hope we catch a few teams by surprise this year!

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
            MOSO #10 in the coaches poll. Still a lot of work to do to earn even a sliver of respect from the coaches. Hope we catch a few teams by surprise this year!
            3 years in, it's not really a surprise anymore.

There are so many question marks on so many teams this year. I could see MoSo anywhere from 5th to 10th.

The top 4 return a lot and all have experienced QB'S. After that it gets super muddy, especially with the portal out there and teams being able to load up so much quicker than they used to. With a solid D and good backs, MoSo has been a few pieces away the last couple of years.

Comment

Didn't realize D2 now allows Freshman to play in 3 games and not lose a year of eligibility. It took a couple years for that to filter down.

Really hope the 5 Conferences pitching Week 0 games, if desired, to be allowed in D2...voting on that in January for the 2024 season. Would help a lot of things for a lot of schools!

Comment

Well this has been an underwhelming media day. UCO is still D2 and NW despite no national titles the last 2 years didn't disband football.

Comment

I would like to take this time to congratulate the Pittsburg Gorillas on their upcoming MIAA Championship and National Championship for the 2023 Football Season.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                    Didn't realize D2 now allows Freshman to play in 3 games and not lose a year of eligibility. It took a couple years for that to filter down.

Really hope the 5 Conferences pitching Week 0 games, if desired, to be allowed in D2...voting on that in January for the 2024 season. Would help a lot of things for a lot of schools!
                    Yeah, that's a great add. I think you can preseason scrimmage other teams starting next year, too.

I hope week 0 passes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
                      Honestly, having been there I hope you do too. Prove them wrong.
                      Roll Chos!

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                        I would like to take this time to congratulate the Pittsburg Gorillas on their upcoming MIAA Championship and National Championship for the 2023 Football Season.
                        That's ©️

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah, that's a great add. I think you can preseason scrimmage other teams starting next year, too.

Yes you can...forgot they mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

If anything all D2 teams should play on week 0. I remember the last non-conference UCO game against Pitt State. It was a week 0 like game and drew a massive crowd. It is an opportunity to not have to compete with power 5 tv football.
                            Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post

If anything all D2 teams should play on week 0. I remember the last non-conference UCO game against Pitt State. It was a week 0 like game and drew a massive crowd. It is an opportunity to not have to compete with power 5 tv football.
                              Will it be 12 games in 12 weeks or 11 games in 12 weeks?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X