Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESU at UCM

Mules O is tough to stop. Is ESU the team to do it?

Mules D is getting the job done.

After a horrible start, special teams have improved throughout season.

Should be a good one.

Hope ESU wins, don't think they have the horses or D to keep up.

Comment

I think it'll be a track meet. I like ESU in this one. They run the same O and the same D.

Both have great QBs. I give.the edge to UCM at WR they're rangier and more talented, but the edge to ESU on D. One or 2 stops will win this.

What's nice over under on number of plays run? 190? 200?
      Last edited by Predatory Primates; 10-17-2023, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Game will be won or lost in the secondary.

Comment

I forgot about special teams.The ESU kick returner is really dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            So good, the one time we actually sort of kicked it to him, he returned it for 40 yards...

Comment

Not a problem. UCM will score on every possession and never punt, and all kickoffs will sail through the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by reloadmvp View Post
                Game will be won or lost in the secondary.
                The UCM up tempo offense will have the ESU secondary so gassed that the Hornets will have to play the fake injury card.

Comment

Have a feeling that one team will jump into a big lead within the first quarter and then from there it will be a roller coaster of a game with the other roaring back quickly.

ESU has been much better at UCM after the 2014 beatdown. After that year these two teams had some amazing games from 2015-2017. 2016 in Warrensburg was one of the best games I have seen in recent memory.

Losing Ross Jr. at RB will hurt ESU but Thomas and Bennett split carries against WU. Bennet was moved to slot receiver before Ross Jr went down and is dangerous in space, has not quite busted a big run yet but already has made some good catches on deep balls.

Need Hornetfan to back me up with some stats here but ESU has played in a ton of 1 score games since last season. Having that experience and Gleason at QB could be the deciding factor in this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanghai Mule View Post

The UCM up tempo offense will have the ESU secondary so gassed that the Hornets will have to play the fake injury card.
                    What offense do you think Emporia runs?

Comment

What offense do you think Emporia runs?
                      Maybe... Helter-Skelter Flag.
                      Last edited by Shanghai Mule; 10-17-2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

With both teams making hay on the tempo gimmick, I wonder which one will break and try to slow it down first?

Comment

With both teams making hay on the tempo gimmick, I wonder which one will break and try to slow it down first?
                          Gimmick? I would call it an effective strategy to keep the defense off balance.

Comment

Might be one the greatest gimmicks ever no? I mean why else would nearly every top offense at any level over the last 10-15 years run tempo?

Pitt fans perpetually living in the 80s got so lucky to get a good coach with old school mentality.

Comment

LMAO!

I didn't mean anything negative by it. Pitt uses it at times, as does nearly everyone else. That doesn't mean it isn't a gimmick. It is a thing used to gain an edge, and can be used with all kinds of different offensive schemes. It's a nice trick, and one worth using.

As far as old school mentality, that ain't me. Also the hurry up isn't new. It has been around since the late 1800's by a lot of different names. Hurry up, no huddle, go fast,, up tempo, tempo, k-gun. The popularity comes and goes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X