Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
    Sounds like Pitt could be following in NW footsteps. How long before we see a thread to fire Coach Anthony?
    Oh. Please. The fire Tim Beck thing was around way before NW stole it. Stop giving the evil empire credit for stuff Pitt invented.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Yeah. I really hope TA is a good hire, but I'm pretty sure the only great hire JJ has made so far was Wright, and that was done through consultants.
      TA may have been the best choice but I still think you must open it up to see who is interested. Who knows who we missed out on?

Comment

IDK. I'm the wrong guy to ask,, though.

To me college coaches, or anyone who takes a job that keeps them from their kids100plus hours a week, have their priorities all jacked up to begin with.

But that's just, like, my opinion man.
        I think the 16ish weeks of in season are tough on families.

the 10-12 weeks of recruiting after season are rough but the other 20 I think college coaches have a pretty sweet gig.

Comment

Oh. Please. The fire Tim Beck thing was around way before NW stole it. Stop giving the evil empire credit for stuff Pitt invented.
          And Fire Broyles before that.

Comment

Originally posted by mosofan1 View Post
            Sounds like Pitt could be following in NW footsteps. How long before we see a thread to fire Coach Anthony?
            no time like the present
            get in on the ground floor
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

The entire offensive staff and one DB coach is now at NAU.

Hoping to see an announcement for the new OC and offensive staff soon.

Comment

The entire offensive staff and one DB coach is now at NAU.

Hoping to see an announcement for the new OC and offensive staff soon.
                Ouch...that's not good. Not only do you have to find the offensive staff but does the current roster fit the system the new staff wants to run? Maybe Pitt is going to the NW model, strong defense and a ball control offense that can do enough to burn clock and score a few points.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorilla John 92 View Post

Ouch...that's not good. Not only do you have to find the offensive staff but does the current roster fit the system the new staff wants to run? Maybe Pitt is going to the NW model, strong defense and a ball control offense that can do enough to burn clock and score a few points.
                  If the new coach brings in a rigid system type as OC, they need to fire everyone and start over, tbh.

As an aside.. Pitt burned way more clock than NW already. That's just controlling tempo. It has nothing to do with what schemes you run.

Comment

https://pittstategorillas.com/news/2...aff-hires.aspx

Never heard of either guy. Not sure what to expect. Cautiously hopeful, I guess?

Comment

Don't recall the guy who was a grad at ucm in 2011
                      been hanging out in texas for a while so maybe that's the angle with the hire. Young coach as well and my guess will move on and up at the first opportunity

Comment

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...om-fcs-program
                        Go Bearcats!
                        M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Yeah the whole O staff is in place all but RB coach, Dreamius Smith, out of Butler have been announced on the Pitt site.

Comment

Definitely taking a wait and see. Hopefully they surprise me.

2 with good juco ties, 2 with FCS experience, and one local with lots of KS and mo hs connections.

Comment

Looks like RB coach changed already. It is now BK Smith from UCM.

Comment

Hmm....he's still listed as a coach at UCM but who knows if the web page is correct. He was the defensive recruiting coordinator/cornerbacks coach at UCM so a move to the other side of the ball.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X