Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Humboldt State Football Entering Final Season

Too bad she didn't get the astronaut gig.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
      Too bad she didn't get the astronaut gig.
      Last edited by the tav; 10-01-2018, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• Comment

That was how she got rid of the deficit, took the easy way out that will no doubt backfire long term. But, this is now an opportunity to get a new president in that likes football and will listen to its supporters. WWU didn't get this opportunity.

Comment

She's a Nasty Woman

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
              That was how she got rid of the deficit, took the easy way out that will no doubt backfire long term. But, this is now an opportunity to get a new president in that likes football and will listen to its supporters. WWU didn't get this opportunity.
              They can expect enrollment to drop. They will lose about 100 students (football team), at least 64 of them paying full tuition.

Comment

• Re: Humboldt State will discontinue after 2018 season

Fire the HSU Athletic Director, as soon as possible.

Comment

Unreal, her parting shot was to eliminate football?! She knew she was retiring within a year and she still cut the sport? Freaking amazing, that's just stunning. I don't know what to say other than she just hated football and wanted to get rid of it. What an awful person.

Yes, get rid of the A.D. now.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                    Unreal, her parting shot was to eliminate football?! She knew she was retiring within a year and she still cut the sport? Freaking amazing, that's just stunning. I don't know what to say other than she just hated football and wanted to get rid of it. What an awful person.

Yes, get rid of the A.D. now.
                    Football was the most expensive line item in the athletic budget. So if you need to balance the budget, take the easy route and just get rid of it! Gets immediate results and if you're retiring, you don't have to worry about the consequences.

Comment

Football was the most expensive line item in the athletic budget. So if you need to balance the budget, take the easy route and just get rid of it! Gets immediate results and if you're retiring, you don't have to worry about the consequences.
                      Yes, the easy route. The hard route is to raise money, roll up the sleeves, and get after it to keep a great community tradition. I just know when I've left jobs -- certainly not as high profile as a college president -- that I wanted to leave on good terms and set things up well for the person who left me.

Burning down the house and retiring is evil.

Comment

best thing that could happen to get football back at Humboldt. re-start the donor list for football, get people on the search committee for the new president and develop community drive for the sport. There's still a staff on campus and some players may stay if they see potential. It'll be a rough year or two, but then competitive by third year of reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                          Yes, the easy route. The hard route is to raise money, roll up the sleeves, and get after it to keep a great community tradition. I just know when I've left jobs -- certainly not as high profile as a college president -- that I wanted to leave on good terms and set things up well for the person who left me.

Burning down the house and retiring is evil.

Great article from Humboldt Sports....former editor of the local paper got tired of the censorship and lack of support, so he started a web page:

https://humboldtsports.com/2018/10/0...-hsu-football/

Comment

Originally posted by Lumberjack View Post
                            Great article from Humboldt Sports....former editor of the local paper got tired of the censorship and lack of support, so he started a web page:

https://humboldtsports.com/2018/10/0...-hsu-football/
                            Hope the guy is right. HSU fans need to be talking to the CSU committee finding her replacement.

Comment

Hope the guy is right. HSU fans need to be talking to the CSU committee finding her replacement.
                              Great article, here's hoping they can dump Robbins and bring back football. Wow, what a disastrous president.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
                                Not surprised based on the vibe we've all been getting these past few seasons.

No disrespect to Humboldt fans in moving on quickly, but the focus for the remaining schools is to find a way to fill those holes in the schedule in 2019. This is difficult at best.

I can already tell you what we'll read here:
                                We need to move up
                                We need to move down
                                Bring back the old Columbia Football Assoc
                                Combine with LSC
                                Combine with RMAC
                                Get rid of football

CWU is clearly trying to make football a priority and in the short term we will benefit from the purge of HSU talent....... remember WWU transfers in 2009?........ but yet another blow to west coast football.
                                RMAC guy (CSU Pueblo fan) here. Sucks that they're dropping football. As to a potential GNAC-RMAC football merger, I would love an excuse to go to Pacific Northwest every year. I just wish Ellensburg were closer to SeaTac. But the travel would suck for everyone involved. LSC-GNAC seems even more problematic. Its a LOOOOOONNNNNG way from Kingsville to Burnaby, even though I know the Javelinas made that trek last season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X