Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GNAC Future

Originally posted by the tav View Post
    I definitely won't call you Wanker, although I love that word. I'll just call you an ass clown. You don't know anything about Simon Fraser and their athletics. You wouldn't have a clue about their stadium or lack of stands if it wasn't for someone else posting it so you piggyback off of it. What you need to know Simon Fraser is competitive an all their Sports other than football. They are a sleeping giant with high academic standards very competitive to the University of Washington and Gonzaga.
    So their football team, as I said, has been terrible. I stated I don't know about their bleacher situation, nor do I care. I certainly didn't piggyback a d@mn thing, you must be having a bad day and need an outlet. That's good for them, last I checked though this is a football forum.
    Last edited by Turbonium; 10-25-2018, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
      Highway Grill is funny! He goes on the attack when somebody asks questions to get more information and to learn about Simon Fraser. I have not heard the expression of "wanker" since I was stationed in England. Simon Fraser would stand a chance of winning a few games against the USAF base teams that play football in Europe. Again some of them are pretty bad! The USAF base teams are somewhere between big high schools and NAIA teams.
      I think I was called a wanker for having the audacity for sticking up for my alma mater. I'm not sure what wanker is, though I think coach Ford has SFU moving in the right direction.

Comment

There are a few NAIA schools that would make good fits for the GNAC, but the Frontier League is pretty strong and I don't know that the teams want to switch. Carroll could make the switch, as well as College of Idaho, and perhaps Rocky Mountain College. Montana Tech would have to add sports. Southern Oregon has looked into switching as well. The D3 schools in the area are all small religious schools and they have their own thing going. I doubt any of them move up.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
          There are a few NAIA schools that would make good fits for the GNAC, but the Frontier League is pretty strong and I don't know that the teams want to switch. Carroll could make the switch, as well as College of Idaho, and perhaps Rocky Mountain College. Montana Tech would have to add sports. Southern Oregon has looked into switching as well. The D3 schools in the area are all small religious schools and they have their own thing going. I doubt any of them move up.
          Eastern Oregon is doing great in football right now and I've heard they have 16 scholarships; they're building an indoor field house, and have improved their facilities. I don't think the jump would be that great for them, though I'm wondering if they would struggle in men's and women's hoops. They're really good in cross country and track. EOU also has in-state tuition for Washington and Idaho residents (it used to be in-state for everybody).

SOU would be a natural fit, too, as would College of Idaho. If they could get those three schools, it would be great, but I'm not counting on it.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
            Eastern Oregon is doing great in football right now and I've heard they have 16 scholarships; they're building an indoor field house, and have improved their facilities. I don't think the jump would be that great for them, though I'm wondering if they would struggle in men's and women's hoops. They're really good in cross country and track. EOU also has in-state tuition for Washington and Idaho residents (it used to be in-state for everybody).

SOU would be a natural fit, too, as would College of Idaho. If they could get those three schools, it would be great, but I'm not counting on it.
            Tim, any rumblings about NNU adding football? I have heard that there are some jealous looks across I84 when CoI draws those 5k crowds and is increasing enrollments.
            Last edited by Runnin' Cat; 10-25-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I thought a school in Montana had visited CSU-P a couple of years back to discuss adding football and I assume the details of such, what they did to become successful, etc. Don't remember details but perhaps nothing came from it?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                I thought a school in Montana had visited CSU-P a couple of years back to discuss adding football and I assume the details of such, what they did to become successful, etc. Don't remember details but perhaps nothing came from it?
                I do know we've played Montana State-Billings in baseball. Could it have been them? Does Billings have a Dan DeRose type to help get it off the ground there? I would imagine they would look to the RMAC more than GNAC. Their travel would suck either way, but at least RMAC would bring relatively short trips for them to Chadron, Black Hills and SD Mines.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                  I do know we've played Montana State-Billings in baseball. Could it have been them? Does Billings have a Dan DeRose type to help get it off the ground there? I would imagine they would look to the RMAC more than GNAC. Their travel would suck either way, but at least RMAC would bring relatively short trips for them to Chadron, Black Hills and SD Mines.
                  Did a bit of searching and yes, it was Billings.

https://billingsgazette.com/sports/c...64f5922f0.html

States they were planning to visit several GNAC locations as well but, being 4 years ago, it must've not worked out to bring football back. I know it's a long process but seems that more news would've come out of it since that time.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                    Nah, it was the guy that crapped on WOU and SFU despite most likely knowing nothing about their programs. SFU has had a hard time of it, but they've actually got some fight in them this year after picking up a new coach. They also released a plan to upgrade their football field. WOU has had a solid team the entire time I've been following D2 football, and they do it with limited resources. The GNAC's biggest problem regarding football isn't the remaining teams, it's geography and the downward trend football as a whole is facing.
                    I do worry about football in general. The whole concussion/CTE thing is hurting participation. I love football, but I'll definitely admit CTE is awful and scary. I hope they can make the game safer and sustainable, but the trend is what the trend is. And again, I did't mean to crap on anyone. I admittedly don't know about WOU. I want SFU in D2. I have nothing but love for Metro Vancouver. I'd love a reason to go back up there. Highway Grill could come call me a wanker in person. (Not meant as a "say it to my face" sort of thing. Just trying to amiable.)
                    Last edited by MinnequaFats; 10-25-2018, 11:26 AM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                      MSU Billings. I know some alums that are excited about the possibility. I think the feeling is they need to see enrollment closer to 6K before they would add football.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                        They would be GNAC, as they are a full GNAC member already unlike HSU and APU. They already make the trip to Alaska in other sports for Alaska Fairbanks and Alaska Anchorage.

The NNU (seems strange calling them that and not NNC) idea I hadn't heard much on, but being in the Boise Metro area with Napa that may be an option. Of course they'd likely lose fans come gameday to the Smurf Turf.

The offseason talk is early this year, as this is the offseason talk always for the GNAC along with CWU needs to add lights and bashing the bathroom sinks they used to have.

Comment

Any chance the RMAC adds the GNAC as football only members?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                            Any chance the RMAC adds the GNAC as football only members?
                            Before cutting wrestling, CWU's wrestling program was in the RMAC even when CWU was still NAIA. At this point though, I see the scheduling alliance with the LSC as the most hopeful possibility even with the travel costs.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                              Before cutting wrestling, CWU's wrestling program was in the RMAC even when CWU was still NAIA. At this point though, I see the scheduling alliance with the LSC as the most hopeful possibility even with the travel costs.
                              Are you talking about playing 4 to 5 LSC schools a year? If so, Athletic budget would need to be increased. Also, would it be a round robin with LSC schools?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                                Are you talking about playing 4 to 5 LSC schools a year? If so, Athletic budget would need to be increased. Also, would it be a round robin with LSC schools?
                                I heard a bit about the scheduling agreement when I was at WOU. It's yet to be finalized. Here's how it is proposed -- again, don't take this to the bank, it's what I heard: each GNAC team plays 3 games vs. LSC schools. Two of those games for the GNAC schools will be on the road. Don't blame them, GNAC is the one in dire need here and I'm thankful the LSC is at least considering this. Round robin GNAC plus 3 GNAC teams is 9 games. One can find 1 or 2 more to complete the slate. Thank you, LSC, for helping the GNAC out throughout the years.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X