Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GNAC Future

Forgive the RMAC guy not knowing if this has been addressed already, but what is the word on the future of GNAC football with Humboldt dropping it? It seems CWU is committed to football and Asuza also. I can't say I am too familiar with Western Oregon. All I know about Simon Fraser is that their team is awful and they don't even care enough to put up some damn bleachers. I hope all four programs survive and stay at the D2 level, and I was hoping some of you PNW folks would have some local insight.

Re: GNAC Future

Heard some possible good news about a scheduling agreement last weekend. SFU is committed to getting better as is WOU. We don't have enough teams, but the talent and coaching are there.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
      Forgive the RMAC guy not knowing if this has been addressed already, but what is the word on the future of GNAC football with Humboldt dropping it? It seems CWU is committed to football and Asuza also. I can't say I am too familiar with Western Oregon. All I know about Simon Fraser is that their team is awful and they don't even care enough to put up some damn bleachers. I hope all four programs survive and stay at the D2 level, and I was hoping some of you PNW folks would have some local insight.
      You My Sir Are A Wanker. Your ignorance is impressive with your knowledge of Simon Fraser. I've only called one other individual a Wanker. So please wear your badge of shame proudly.

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
        You My Sir Are A Wanker. Your ignorance is impressive with your knowledge of Simon Fraser. I've only called one other individual a Wanker. So please wear your badge of shame proudly.
        Just remind him that Dixie State and SD Mine's last year in the conference what SFU's record was against those two teams. Maybe if SFU went to the RMAC they could jump to 6 wins a season too!

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
          Many would agree with you that I'm a wanker. And I suppose since I'm an RMAC guy, you can give me grief that in 2014 you beat Dixie and South Dakota Mines. I can't help but notice those were your last 2 wins at the D2 level. I bear SFU no ill will. Just win some games and get some stands.
          Last edited by MinnequaFats; 10-24-2018, 07:00 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
            Many would agree with you that I'm a wanker. And I suppose since I'm an RMAC guy, you can give me grief that in 2014 you beat Dixie and South Dakota Mines. I can't help but notice those were your last 2 wins at the D2 level. I bear SFU no ill will. Just win some games and get some stands.
            Highway Grill is our resident crap-talker now that Jack has disappeared. I'm glad that SFU actually has some passionate fans.

Comment

Comment

Highway Grill is funny! He goes on the attack when somebody asks questions to get more information and to learn about Simon Fraser. I have not heard the expression of "wanker" since I was stationed in England. Simon Fraser would stand a chance of winning a few games against the USAF base teams that play football in Europe. Again some of them are pretty bad! The USAF base teams are somewhere between big high schools and NAIA teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post
                  Just remind him that Dixie State and SD Mine's last year in the conference what SFU's record was against those two teams. Maybe if SFU went to the RMAC they could jump to 6 wins a season too!
                  Pueblo and Mines have enough easy games as is.

Comment

Are you RMAC and NSIC guys here to actually talk about the future of the GNAC, or are you just here to talk trash?

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                      Are you RMAC and NSIC guys here to actually talk about the future of the GNAC, or are you just here to talk trash?
                      Looks like it was a SFU & CWU fan who really started the trash. Can't fault others for joining in the fun can you?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                        Looks like it was a SFU & CWU fan who really started the trash. Can't fault others for joining in the fun can you?
                        Nah, it was the guy that crapped on WOU and SFU despite most likely knowing nothing about their programs. SFU has had a hard time of it, but they've actually got some fight in them this year after picking up a new coach. They also released a plan to upgrade their football field. WOU has had a solid team the entire time I've been following D2 football, and they do it with limited resources. The GNAC's biggest problem regarding football isn't the remaining teams, it's geography and the downward trend football as a whole is facing.

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post
                          Nah, it was the guy that crapped on WOU and SFU despite most likely knowing nothing about their programs. SFU has had a hard time of it, but they've actually got some fight in them this year after picking up a new coach. They also released a plan to upgrade their football field. WOU has had a solid team the entire time I've been following D2 football, and they do it with limited resources. The GNAC's biggest problem regarding football isn't the remaining teams, it's geography and the downward trend football as a whole is facing.
                          No one dissed WOU, he said he didn't know much about them? SFU has been terrible, I don't know about their bleacher situation. Glad their new coach has things headed in a better direction.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            No one dissed WOU, he said he didn't know much about them? SFU has been terrible, I don't know about their bleacher situation. Glad their new coach has things headed in a better direction.
                            I definitely won't call you Wanker, although I love that word. I'll just call you an ass clown. You don't know anything about Simon Fraser and their athletics. You wouldn't have a clue about their stadium or lack of stands if it wasn't for someone else posting it so you piggyback off of it. What you need to know Simon Fraser is competitive an all their Sports other than football. They are a sleeping giant with high academic standards very competitive to the University of Washington and Gonzaga.

Comment

I don't feel it's fair to say I crapped on Western Oregon. I said I don't know much about them. Literally all that I know about WOU is that they play in the GNAC. I really only have any animosity towards Colorado Mesa (conference rivalry), Grand Valley State (their coaches in the press box were a bunch of schmucks during a playoff game) and Angelo State for weaseling out of a game vs CSU-P after we handed them their ass at Jerryworld the season before. I want D2 football to thrive, and that includes the 4 remaining GNAC teams. Yes I threw a little smack at SFU. I was thinking about it and maybe it was unfair. I am sure they have unique challenges. I don't know how recruiting in a different country works. For instance is their a limit on foreign players, as in CFL? I don't know how Canadian kids feel about NCAA D2 vs U Sports. Regardless of all that, the whole point of this thread for me, was what happens to these four schools? Does the GNAC try to add NAIA/D3 teams? Do the 4 schools look for another football conference to join. Does SFU go back to U Sports? Do any of these teams drop football? In the end I want to see all four of these teams in D2 and on solid footing. So you can call me a wanker or any other damn thing, but I still wish your schools nothing but the best. I am hoping you all succeed. Unless you play CSU Pueblo. Then for that week, Go Pack.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X