X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GNAC Future

Originally posted by Goods View Post
    https://cwuobserver.com/12487/sports...eave-the-gnac/

I wrote to the writer of this piece basically saying, "dude...... WTH are you taking about? Do a little research." Of course, being a former college student thinking I was king sh*t, it took a few "come to Jesus" moments before I realized that maybe I wasn't the world's greatest reporter after all.
    Wow, maybe just a swift kick in the patoot would help. I appreciate the passion, but that is painful. They could have asked any of the Shark Tank tailgaters and been better informed.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      There are adults on this board that don't realize what it takes to get to D1. People are absolutely clueless.
      "But we would make the ESPN ticker!"

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        There are adults on this board that don't realize what it takes to get to D1. People are absolutely clueless.
        My email back to the writer was not a letter to the editor, but more of a call to action for him to reach out to people in the know. Had he done one interview with a coach or admin, his article would've been totally different....... or not written at all.

I did tell the dude to reach out to some guy named Brandon or Bob from d2football.com in addition to league commish for the leagues he mentioned. No truth to the rumor that I added Jackofthegnac and Bcon as quality sources for him as well.

Comment

My email back to the writer was not a letter to the editor, but more of a call to action for him to reach out to people in the know. Had he done one interview with a coach or admin, his article would've been totally different....... or not written at all.

I did tell the dude to reach out to some guy named Brandon or Bob from d2football.com in addition to league commish for the leagues he mentioned. No truth to the rumor that I added Jackofthegnac and Bcon as quality sources for him as well.
          What if the author replies and states it was a puff piece?

Comment

https://cwuobserver.com/12487/sports...eave-the-gnac/

I wrote to the writer of this piece basically saying, "dude...... WTH are you taking about? Do a little research." Of course, being a former college student thinking I was king sh*t, it took a few "come to Jesus" moments before I realized that maybe I wasn't the world's greatest reporter after all.

That devil weed smoking in them parts is making mush of some the locals' brains.

Yes it was a "puff peace" as RC called it.

Comment

Originally posted by HOGSVRR View Post
              That devil weed smoking in them parts is making mush of some the locals' brains.

Yes it was a "puff peace" as RC called it.
              All 4 States/Province of the GNAC have that don't they? New solution. Dixie, Black Hills, SD Mines, Chadron State and NM Highlands (plus Westminster in non football sports) start the new Straight Edge Conference and CWU, WOU, SFU and APU join a rebranded RMAC - Reefer Madness Athletic Conference.
              Last edited by MinnequaFats; 11-13-2018, 03:39 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by the tav View Post
                I like what the Clan has done this year. Give Thomas Ford 3 recruiting classes and conference stability and I bet they're nipping at CWU heel's in a few year's. Seattle and South Sound coaches love the guy. And his brother's gym Ford Sports and Performance is going to help in local recruiting.
                Yes, you have to give him multiple recruiting classes to evaluate his work. I just genuinely feel bad for the guy - I don't think that he's been put in a position where he can be successful.

Good to know that he has some ins - There's some good talent in Washington. However, for that program to be sustainable, recruiting has to be strong in Canada. Tuition is much more expensive for international students, and the city is expensive to live in. And we know that SFU doesn't draw much in gate, and doesn't have a deep fundraising pool.

Comment

Originally posted by 110proof View Post
                  Yes, you have to give him multiple recruiting classes to evaluate his work. I just genuinely feel bad for the guy - I don't think that he's been put in a position where he can be successful.

Good to know that he has some ins - There's some good talent in Washington. However, for that program to be sustainable, recruiting has to be strong in Canada. Tuition is much more expensive for international students, and the city is expensive to live in. And we know that SFU doesn't draw much in gate, and doesn't have a deep fundraising pool.
                  It's hard enough FINDING the gate at SFU right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 110proof View Post

You guys finally have a legit quarterback in your freshman he had a huge day yesterday.

Comment

Despite the low amount of teams, the GNAC keeps getting national playoff berths. As frustrating as round-robin can be and the lack of west coast teams, the conference has been well-represented in post-season.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
                        Despite the low amount of teams, the GNAC keeps getting national playoff berths. As frustrating as round-robin can be and the lack of west coast teams, the conference has been well-represented in post-season.
                        That's a testament to the coaches and players at APU and CWU in particular (and Humboldt as well; man, they're going to be missed). They know that they're up against the wall with the way the GNAC is set up, but the Azusa's and CWU's of the world find their way to get into the playoffs, especially when it comes to out-of-conference scheduling (Azusa-Colorado Mines is a great example). I give the GNAC teams a lot of credit for stepping up and earning their way into the playoffs on a consistent basis.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Breaking ground for the new stadium upgrades starts 1st of January

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
                            That is great news! How long till it is expected to be open, 2 years (as in one more season with the slippery slope)?

Comment

Originally posted by Highway Grill View Post
                              Excellent news. I won't miss the slippery slope.

Comment

Found this online.

http://sfss.ca/sub/design/what-about-the-stadium/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X