Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WT vs TSU

Originally posted by WT-ATX View Post
    Most definitely. Colby and Don are taking care of business with y'all. Meanwhile, we are stuck with this. Now why did Mr. AD get rid of the winningest coach in Buff history?
    Cause he is a liar.

Comment

Well, imagine that. WT has a mediocre showing. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we have a great coach named Don Carthel? Oh yeah. We did. And Mr. AD wanted to get rid of him so we could build a fancy new stadium. I also recall Mr. AD saying that if you don't compete for national championships, then your'e gone. Does that also apply to the AD that fails to compete for national championships? Hmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by bufffan78 View Post
        Can you tell me why we WT got rid of Nesbitt, this team and coach seem no better if not worse then Nesbitt teams. We are going backwards. Radio announcers dont see to get it, we are down 44 to 7 yrs we need more aggressiveness. frustrated.
        Nesbitt took a top 10 team and turned it into an also-ran. They should have canned him after Spanishgate.

Hughes inherited a mess. He's improved the defense, but the offense is a joke. I agree with Chip that we need a new OC. Hughes had better do something about that or he may lose his job after next season.

The stream tonight worked okay during the 2nd & 3rd quarters, or about half the game. It may be free but you get what you pay for. I sent plenty of emails to Stretch Internet who said everything is fine at their end.

In retrospect, watching an F-Troop marathon would have been a better use of my time tonight.

Congratulations to Tarleton, you guys have a very impressive team.

Comment

Ha! Yeah he lied about an irrelevant issue to protect some players. The WT Administrators were looking for anything they could. Pick up the stones and throw em cause I know that no one here has ever lied about anything to an authority figure. Sorry Coach Carthel. You're missed and we need you back. Lies included.

Comment

Is it time for the fire Hughes Thread?

What was the reasoning for putting Houghtling in? Did Hood get hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

No. It's time to start a fire the AD thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post

His stats were just...

4/14 for 21 yards, 2 INT, 0 TD
                Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Here's the final not I got back from Stretch Internet:

Sorry to hear you were having issues. As I mentioned before, there weren't any connections drops from WTAMU during the feed. I checked the logs of the stream and there doesn't appear to be anything that would indicate buffering either. This would indicate that there is something between you and us that is giving the stream some trouble. If you would like, there are some tests we can run to see if we can find the problem. However, we would need you to be able to recreate the issues at the time of running the test.

If you were pleased with tonight's streaming quality (or not), please email stretch internet about your experience. Be sure and mention Tarleton vs WTAMU. Their email is: [email protected]

If you don't let them know, it won't be any better next time.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                    Nesbitt took a top 10 team and turned it into an also-ran. They should have canned him after Spanishgate.

Hughes inherited a mess. He's improved the defense, but the offense is a joke. I agree with Chip that we need a new OC. Hughes had better do something about that or he may lose his job after next season.

The stream tonight worked okay during the 2nd & 3rd quarters, or about half the game. It may be free but you get what you pay for. I sent plenty of emails to Stretch Internet who said everything is fine at their end.

In retrospect, watching an F-Troop marathon would have been a better use of my time tonight.

Congratulations to Tarleton, you guys have a very impressive team.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanFan View Post
                      Game over.

Tarleton 44
                      WT 7

Tarleton penalty yards 173
                      WT total yards 123
                      That score with that many penalty yards is SCARY.

Comment

123 total yards of offense for WT is pathetic.

OC McDonough needs to find another job. Maybe as a sanitation worker. Dump truck driver. Based on last year and this years offensive numbers, he's no OC. As I said earlier, Hughes better get that short list of OC replacements typed up. Ultimately, it's Hughes' job on the line. Hang with what you got and you'll hang. You can't win ANY LSC games with that kind of pathetic offensive performance. Either go out and get some transfer players for a quick fix and get a new OC next year or I'm afraid Hughes' "plan" for WT isn't going to get off the ground. How patient are WT fans supposed to be? 4 years, 5 years, 6 years? Look what Tarleton's done personnel-wise in two years. They were bigger, quicker, and more athletic at nearly every position. The conference is getting better. WT has to get a LOT better a LOT quicker or they're going to continue to eat everybody's sh!t and fall further behind the conference curve. Winning two or three games a year isn't going to make players want to come to WT. And the Buffs need a lot of talent. I expected more tonight and got a lot less. A real beat down. Tarleton and Midwestern are my picks for the class of the conference right now.

We do have a fine punter in Cummins. Thankfully.

Comment

Good win for the Texans.

I was expecting WT to be substantially better based on info, comments, updates, and predictions from their fans on this board.

Not sure where the Texans will be in the LSC....I expect in the top tier (top 4) of the LSC based on what I have seen thus far......BUT they havent played anyone yet. Delta is 0-3, WT is 1-2 with only W against NAIA OPSU, and even SFA, which was rained out, is 0-3 and was hammered by Incarnate Word.

Sooooo, until Tarleton beats a team with a DII win I would hardly consider them the best team in the conference. But they "could" be.....time will tell.

Let's see how they do against ASU, TAMUC, & MSU before giving them the LSC championship. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                            Good win for the Texans.

I was expecting WT to be substantially better based on info, comments, updates, and predictions from their fans on this board.

Not sure where the Texans will be in the LSC....I expect in the top tier (top 4) of the LSC based on what I have seen thus far......BUT they havent played anyone yet. Delta is 0-3, WT is 1-2 with only W against NAIA OPSU, and even SFA, which was rained out, is 0-3 and was hammered by Incarnate Word.

Sooooo, until Tarleton beats a team with a DII win I would hardly consider them the best team in the conference. But they "could" be.....time will tell.

Let's see how they do against ASU, TAMUC, & MSU before giving them the LSC championship. Lol.
                            You could say the same thing about TAMUC. They have beaten a 1-2 TAMUK with NAIA win, 0-2 Jewell and an 0-3 ENMU.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Price View Post
                              I think they have a shot. Most definitely. They need more consistency, especially with downfield throws and running the ball. Saw some good throws down the field last week.
                              What makes you think they had a shot. Tonite OPS barely beat Mike Nesbitts first year team in Surprise AZ. by 3 pts, I will say Nesbitts team never gave up fought hard. Something Buffs could use. Kinda a waste or money to build a new football stadium for the meeker crowds.

Comment

Great post well said. New OC for sure. Good thing we have a great Punter he will be busy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X