Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lions v Lock Haven

LH was not top tier for sure, but chances are The Lions would have done this to William Jewell and Eastern New Mexico with Wilson starting at QB. Maybe, maybe not with the Hounds but for sure with Jewell. The offense was just night and day different with him back there tonight.

See you in Wichita Falls next week. We will see what he is made of, and the entire Lions team also.

Comment

Yup LH is 15 of 91 since 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLionWire View Post
        LH was not top tier for sure, but chances are The Lions would have done this to William Jewell and Eastern New Mexico with Wilson starting at QB. Maybe, maybe not with the Hounds but for sure with Jewell. The offense was just night and day different with him back there tonight.

See you in Wichita Falls next week. We will see what he is made of, and the entire Lions team also.
        Next week will be the first real test for the Lions.

Gonna be a good one!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
          Next week will be the first real test for the Lions.
          You mean last week wasn't?
          Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
            Last week was a rain game with a clueless offense that turned the ball over 5 times on our side of the field and we still only gave up 23 points. If the offense gets on track, big if - but tonight was promising - then we will see what this team can do. Special teams and defense are outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post
              Nah, last week was easy.

Week 1 seemed to be a pretty tough test as well if I remember correctly?
              Last edited by Turbonium; 09-29-2018, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Last week was a rain game with a clueless offense that turned the ball over 5 times on our side of the field and we still only gave up 23 points. If the offense gets on track, big if - but tonight was promising - then we will see what this team can do. Special teams and defense are outstanding.
                Zero credit given. Weren't 2 of the turnovers, really 3 actually with the bad snap, due to the special teams?
                Last edited by Turbonium; 09-29-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  Weren't 2 of the turnovers, really 3 actually with the bad snap, due to the special teams?
                  That game was anomalous for many reasons. Its kind of stupid to judge what a team does in a single game in the rain as indicative of their overall performance. Feel free to do it though. Pretty sure our special teams returned a punt for a TD that game too. 2nd one of the season. Would have had a 3rd tonight but the returner lost his footing on a cut at the 5 yd line after going about 60 yds. Look up the stats. We are among the top 3 or 4 in defensive coverage on all kicks/punts, have one of the 2 or 3 best FG kickers in DII, and a return guy that teams should be kicking away from if they have any sense. Yeah we turned the ball over 5 times in our own half of the field. Lost by 10 with an MIA offense. Hopefully it was a wake-up call. Right now we are 4-1 and ranked in the top 10. Ill take it after losing the Harlon Hill winner at QB and another All American O-lineman after winning the National Championship last year. Keep on hatin though, if thats all you got.
                  Last edited by JakeTAMUC; 09-29-2018, 11:00 PM.

Comment

That game was anomalous for many reasons. Its kind of stupid to judge what a team does in a single game in the rain as indicative of their overall performance. Feel free to do it though. Pretty sure our special teams returned a punt for a TD that game too. 2nd one of the season. Would have had a 3rd tonight but the returner lost his footing on a cut at the 5 yd line after going about 60 yds. Look up the stats. We are among the top 3 or 4 in defensive coverage on all kicks/punts, have one of the 2 or 3 best FG kickers in DII, and a return guy that teams should be kicking away from if they have any sense. Yeah we turned the ball over 5 times in our own half of the field. Lost by 10 with an MIA offense. Hopefully it was a wake-up call. Right now we are 4-1 and ranked in the top 10. Ill take it after losing the Harlon Hill winner and 3 other All Americans after winning the National Championship last year.
                    Yes, they managed to return a kick for the their only TD of the game. Just sayin, the offense wasn't responsible for all the turnovers. Week 1 the offense struggled greatly, against a team that nearly lost to Highlands tonight. Weeks 2-4 they still struggled greatly. The interception was a nice defensive play by a DB that had 7 or 8 last year and has 3 this year already, 2 fumbles were the results of big hits. Not like it was sunny and clear when you were on defense, it was a rain game for both teams I would guess??

Honestly it's too bad a Pueblo guy didn't flex over your injured player, seems Commerce liked to do that.

As far as being stupid to judge what a team does in a single game, I finally completely agree with you. Such as thinking your offense all of a sudden figured out how to life after a game against Lock Haven rather than looking at the first 4 weeks of the season against better competition. :smile-big:

Comment

Yes, they managed to return a kick for the their only TD of the game. Just sayin, the offense wasn't responsible for all the turnovers. Week 1 the offense struggled greatly, against a team that nearly lost to Highlands tonight. Weeks 2-4 they still struggled greatly. The interception was a nice defensive play by a DB that had 7 or 8 last year and has 3 this year already, 2 fumbles were the results of big hits. Not like it was sunny and clear when you were on defense, it was a rain game for both teams I would guess??

Honestly it's too bad a Pueblo guy didn't flex over your injured player, seems Commerce liked to do that.

As far as being stupid to judge what a team does in a single game, I finally completely agree with you. Such as thinking your offense all of a sudden figured out how to life after a game against Lock Haven rather than looking at the first 4 weeks of the season against better competition. :smile-big:
                      3-1 in those games, ranked in the top 10. Keep hatin, it looks good on you.

Comment

3-1 in those games, ranked in the top 10. Keep hatin, it looks good on you.
                        I know, those 3 teams are really crushing it. 2018 called and asked you to join it.

Ranked 14th in the D2 poll, I'd ignore it for a bunch of SID voters too. We'll give it a couple weeks and see how much Commerce players are yapping.

Comment

NWMSU lost to Central Oklahoma last week. Central Washington lost to WT this week. You should go hate on them for awhile too. Those teams were FAR inferior to the Pueblo team we lost to. Im sure they will appreciate your insight as much as we do.

Comment

NWMSU lost to Central Oklahoma last week. Central Washington lost to WT this week. You should go hate on them for awhile too. Those teams were FAR inferior to the Pueblo team we lost to. Im sure they will appreciate your insight as much as we do.
                            Their fans aren't as easily riled up as you nor do they provide near the entertainment. Nice win for Hughes and WT though, they needed that one.

Comment

Their fans aren't as easily riled up as you nor do they provide near the entertainment. Nice win for Hughes and WT though, they needed that one.
                              I agree that I am entertaining. The riled up part not so much, lol. I forgive that conclusion from you though, as I dont guess you have any idea how good natured I am about this stuff. You should have seen what I got hit with on here after picking Commerce to win the Natty pre-season last year. You are not in that league dude.

Comment

I agree that I am entertaining. The riled up part not so much, lol. I forgive that conclusion from you though, as I dont guess you have any idea how good natured I am about this stuff. You should have seen what I got hit with on here after picking Commerce to win the Natty pre-season last year. You are not in that league dude.
                                Not trying to be in that league, just havin some fun. There's usually a limit, unless you're ASUPops :tongue:

Good win today, wish your streams were all free. Will have to catch the next road game. :good:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X