Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A&M-Commerce @ Midwestern State

It's tough for me to get much of a read on Tarleton. I'm too lazy to do the research rigjt now after the weekend I've been through, but the records of the teams they've played are pretty pathetic. Guess we will see sat.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
      It's tough for me to get much of a read on Tarleton. I'm too lazy to do the research rigjt now after the weekend I've been through, but the records of the teams they've played are pretty pathetic. Guess we will see sat.
      I bet it was rough weekend for you. Im on 20 minutes sleep since Sat morning. After the break down on the way to the game, then the delays, got home around 2am and watched the Yankees-Red Sox game Id recorded, then the sun came up. Caught one quick cat-nap today.

Comment

Not our fault. We have been blowing them out. I'm expecting a fight of a game, with extra fighting.

Comment

? I wasn't blaming Tarleton, just saying it's hard to know where they are yet.

Comment

Yea, of all weekends to take my three boys with me on a road trip...lol

Comment

About where I expected. Playoff contender, challenging for conference championship.

Comment

Yea, of all weekends to take my three boys with me on a road trip...lol
                WOW, lol, you win!

Comment

Guys Ive seen all three teams play. Eastern was playing right with Midwestern, moved the ball on them just like they wanted. Their defense was very soft, Easterns offense is not anywhere near where they were last year. If Eastern could have defended the long ball better they win. 47 yards of Midwesterns rushing came off 1 run otherwise eastern shut it down.

Commerces defense looked pretty good against eastern, but get this, Tarleton held Eastern to like 66 total yards in the first half.
                  They sent the hounds to the locker room with a beet red a$$.

Commerces offense is more anemic than Easterns, even with Wilson it looks like.

Their run game is tough, the big lineman werent blowing Easterns d line off the ball but they didnt get knocked back either. Tarleton running backs run HARD they dont dance they get down hill and either bounce it out if the LBs collapse or they blast through the gap.

Their passing game is not just Serviceable its dangerous and extremely explosive they are not dinking and dunking it, they go deep, early and often.

Tarleton could just be doindmg their best KC Chiefs impression but i would not bet on it.

Of I were a betting man I would bet Tarleton wins the conference walking away. Probably comes close to setting a conference record for points scored too.
                  I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
                    Guys Ive seen all three teams play. Eastern was playing right with Midwestern, moved the ball on them just like they wanted. Their defense was very soft, Easterns offense is not anywhere near where they were last year. If Eastern could have defended the long ball better they win. 47 yards of Midwesterns rushing came off 1 run otherwise eastern shut it down.

Commerces defense looked pretty good against eastern, but get this, Tarleton held Eastern to like 66 total yards in the first half.

Their run game is tough, the big lineman werent blowing Easterns d line off the ball but they didnt get knocked back either. Tarleton running backs run HARD they dont dance they get down hill and either bounce it out if the LBs collapse or they blast through the gap.

Their passing game is not just Serviceable its dangerous and extremely explosive they are not dinking and dunking it, they go deep, early and often.

Tarleton could just be doindmg their best KC Chiefs impression but i would not bet on it.

Of I were a betting man I would bet Tarleton wins the conference walking away. Probably comes close to setting a conference record for points scored too.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Commerce is better tho. I got Commerce by 17.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                            Commerce is better tho. I got Commerce by 17.
                            Jake how does a team that struggled to move the ball vs Eastern and Midwestern get 17+ on a Tarleton team that hasnt even hit a speed bump.
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Jake how does a team that struggled to move the ball vs Eastern and Midwestern get 17+ on a Tarleton team that hasnt even hit a speed bump.
                              Lbs are lights out. TSU wants to run, we will handle it. Commerce offense is in week 4 of Wilson, and it was all good enough to win at MSU. Is Tarelton better than MSU? Theyve played crappy teams.

Comment

You may want to get ready to be surprised. TAMUC is the champ - yes an ugly one right now offensively - but the champ none the less. If the Texan's are subject to stupid penalties (mind you I'm just reading the board and have NO dog in this fight), then Carthel may be the difference. He will have them prepared - I am kind of surprised (and I am not a fan of his) the lack of respect he is being shown after what he has done with that program. They have TALENT - of that there can be no mistake and talent always has a chance. I would say the Texan's are the favorites going in but saying they (Lions) may lose by more than a couple of TD's is giving them basically no chance. I just don't see it - but understand it can happen. I'm sure TAMUC will have a full house 9/10K so the atmosphere will be awesome for D2 college football. Nobody gave them a chance last year in the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs (7 seed?) yet they were prepared (obviously with a better QB situation). They have a much better DC now than they had. I will look forward to the outcome.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X