Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A&M-Commerce @ Midwestern State

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
    You may want to get ready to be surprised. TAMUC is the champ - yes an ugly one right now offensively - but the champ none the less. If the Texan's are subject to stupid penalties (mind you I'm just reading the board and have NO dog in this fight), then Carthel may be the difference. He will have them prepared - I am kind of surprised (and I am not a fan of his) the lack of respect he is being shown after what he has done with that program. They have TALENT - of that there can be no mistake and talent always has a chance. I would say the Texan's are the favorites going in but saying they (Lions) may lose by more than a couple of TD's is giving them basically no chance. I just don't see it - but understand it can happen. I'm sure TAMUC will have a full house 9/10K so the atmosphere will be awesome for D2 college football. Nobody gave them a chance last year in the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs (7 seed?) yet they were prepared (obviously with a better QB situation). They have a much better DC now than they had. I will look forward to the outcome.
    Oh, I gave them a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
      Is Tarleton better than MSU? .
      Probably.
      Last edited by TexanFan; 10-07-2018, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahshound View Post
        I played against those NMHU teams. They always had a ton of penalties and definitely had discipline issues, but TSU seems like they are flat our more interesting in fighting than playing football. I know 4 to 5 times I saw TSU stop playing football and flat our start swinging at ENMU players. That's what happened when the safety was ejected, the other times the officials didn't see it.
        Ahshound, I do not think you were at the same game that was played last night at Tarleton...I know the game got chippy but I think you are not being very honest about the 4-5 times during the game when Tarleton players stopped playing football and just flat out starting swinging at Eastern players... I was on the field from start to finish and watched every play from snap to whistle and I saw nothing that resembled what you said you observed..

Comment

Yes, they want to run the ball, but they don't have to. The QB is a former JUCO All American D1 Commit who for personal reasons never went to there. He can light up a secondary. I with you Jake, but I am also a realist.

Comment

Originally posted by cchrstnsn View Post
            You may want to get ready to be surprised. TAMUC is the champ - yes an ugly one right now offensively - but the champ none the less. If the Texan's are subject to stupid penalties (mind you I'm just reading the board and have NO dog in this fight), then Carthel may be the difference. He will have them prepared - I am kind of surprised (and I am not a fan of his) the lack of respect he is being shown after what he has done with that program. They have TALENT - of that there can be no mistake and talent always has a chance. I would say the Texan's are the favorites going in but saying they (Lions) may lose by more than a couple of TD's is giving them basically no chance. I just don't see it - but understand it can happen. I'm sure TAMUC will have a full house 9/10K so the atmosphere will be awesome for D2 college football. Nobody gave them a chance last year in the 1st 2 rounds of the playoffs (7 seed?) yet they were prepared (obviously with a better QB situation). They have a much better DC now than they had. I will look forward to the outcome.
            Was the champ. With a different team.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              Lbs are lights out. TSU wants to run, we will handle it. Commerce offense is in week 4 of Wilson, and it was all good enough to win at MSU. Is Tarelton better than MSU? Theyve played crappy teams.
              Way way way better. Like I said, I have seen all three against same opponent.

Tarleton is miles better than Midwestern and Commerce

against commerce eastern had 170 yards in the first half and 3 pts.

commerce had 109 yards and 2 tds (1 td was after a fumble by eastern they only had to go 39 yards.

for the game
              Enmu and commerce 14 1st downs
              commerce 289 yards to ENMU 215.

against midwestern in the 1st half
              enmu 169 and 13 points
              midwestern had 246 and 17 points

for the game
              ENMU had 24 1sts 374 yards
              MSU had 18 1sts 408 yards

In both games it wasnt decided till the 4th quarter, eastern was competitive throughout and fairly evenly matched.

against tarleton
              in the first half
              ENMU had --->43 TOTAL YARDS<---0 POINTS
              Tarleton had 324 yards and 24 points.

for the game
              ENMU 20 1STS 329 yards total
              Tarleton 26 1sts and 552 yards total

The game was over at half but even extending it till after Tarleton scored its first of 2 tds 6 seconds into the 3rd quarter they were up 31 points and allowed only 43 yards to that point. After that they just cleared the bench and coasted in for the win.

Tarleton is on another level right now and ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE.
              I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

• Re: A&amp;M-Commerce @ Midwestern State

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

commerce had 109 yards and 2 tds (1 td was after a fumble by eastern they only had to go 39 yards.

for the game

enmu 169 and 13 points

for the game

In both games it wasnt decided till the 4th quarter, eastern was competitive throughout and fairly evenly matched.

against tarleton
                in the first half

for the game

The game was over at half but even extending it till after Tarleton scored its first of 2 tds 6 seconds into the 3rd quarter they were up 31 points and allowed only 43 yards to that point. After that they just cleared the bench and coasted in for the win.

With the win over MSU this TSU matchup is huge for the LSC and playoffs. Tarleton may be rolling but Colby, Storm and Jared May haven't lost to TSU all the way back to the Wt days.
                TSU jumps on them early but Commerce makes adjustments and keeps it interesting late. TSU has to force ET to pass, ETs secondary has to play the best game of there lives.

TSU by 14

Comment

Jake how does a team that struggled to move the ball vs Eastern and Midwestern get 17+ on a Tarleton team that hasnt even hit a speed bump.
                  Commerce didn't struggle on that 98 yard drive.

Comment

To everyone on the Tarleton bandwagon

Comment

for the game

enmu 169 and 13 points

for the game

against tarleton
                      in the first half

for the game

This was pre-qb change. Offense has been completely different since then, not even close. Is it enough? Who knows, but not really worth comparing anything pre-qb change.

Comment

Discount Tarleton at your own risk. We have a dangerous offense and a dominant defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulpes88 View Post
                          Discount Tarleton at your own risk. We have a dangerous offense and a dominant defense.
                          Geez so touchy. No one has discounted Tarleton. All we are saying is it's tough to gauge exactly how good they are yet. Relax.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                            Geez so touchy. No one has discounted Tarleton. All we are saying is it's tough to gauge exactly how good they are yet. Relax.
                            Well, I was talking a little smack. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                              This was pre-qb change. Offense has been completely different since then, not even close. Is it enough? Who knows, but not really worth comparing anything pre-qb change.
                              Because the offense really lit it up against Midwestern? I must've watched the wrong game.

Comment

• Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X