Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Re: A&M-Commerce @ Midwestern State

Perhaps that's why they managed to get the game back on instead of declaring it a no-contest.

FWIW, this is the PSAC's policy on suspended football games:

2.1.9 If a contest is suspended under NCAA Rule 3.3.3.a-b, before the end of the fourth period has concluded and cannot be resumed, the following policy will apply:

c. If the Athletic Directors of BOTH programs concur, and in consultation with the Commissioner, the contest can be resumed at a later time and date.

For further reference, here's the Mountain East Conference's policy on game suspensions due to inclement weather:

2.9.8. INCLEMENT WEATHER: In the event of inclement weather or power failure, the following policies shall be in effect:
      2.9.8.1. The game will be terminated if such delay reaches two-hours and thirty minutes (2:30). A result will be recorded if the game has reached the conclusion of the third quarter. A contest terminated prior to the conclusion of the third quarter will be considered a no-contest.
      2.9.8.2. The game will be terminated if a second such delay reaches one hour and thirty minutes (1:30). A result will be recorded if the game has reached the conclusion of the third quarter. A contest terminated prior to the conclusion of three quarters will be considered a no-contest.

South Atlantic Conference:

If fewer than three (3) quarters have been completed, the game will be resumed as soon as possible on the same day, conditions permitting. Games that must be postponed to another day shall not start any later than the originally scheduled kickoff time, unless mutually agreed upon by both institutions.
      b. If a game is suspended after the completion of the third quarter and cannot be resumed on the same day, the game shall be declared complete for the purpose of Conference standings.
      c. If the game is tied at the end of the third quarter and cannot be resumed on the same day, the game will be resumed the next day, conditions permitting.
      d. In the event that the game cannot be resumed the next day, a decision to postpone the game to a weekday or cancel the game should be made by the Athletic Directors of both institutions and the Commissioner. Every reasonable effort will be made to play the game on its scheduled day or the next day.

I don't have access to the LSC's bylaws or sport policies/procedures, but, given the standards set by the PSAC and MEC, I would suspect the LSC's policies regarding what's defined as a suspended game or a no-contest are similar to the two leagues mentioned above. Considering the importance of this game in the big picture of both LSC title and national playoff implications, the decision to resume the game in Denton, while not ideal, is preferable to being forced to declare a no-contest and potentially cheating TAMUC and/or MSU out of a playoff bid.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
        We won't be in town this weekend...sad that I have to miss the game. Was informed that we are attending a Wedding in Denton.
        Last edited by BJ Hawk; 10-07-2018, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Bs that the game got moved to UNT. I understand the rooms issue in Wichita but Henrietta/Decatur. Huge blunder by MSU athletics to let this game go to UNT. Give up all advantage you had going to Denton.

Comment

That was a fun first half to watch last night. MSU has some very elusive, quick backs. 3 or 4 times it looked like we had them bottled up at the line of scrimmage and they were able to juke & wiggle free for good gains. Commerce offense continues to show improvement. It was good to see Hobbs back at TE after only missing one game. Kane Wilson is still trying to force things a bit, resulting in picks, but I think that will improve with more playing time. Defense did a good job getting into the gaps Rabb was looking to run to, which he did successfully last year and ate us up with it. I think he was actually surprised to see defenders there a few times, which resulted in some uncharacteristic bad passes from him as he had to unload the ball. Our DBs did a good job defending his well thrown balls too, knocking 3 or 4 passes from the receivers hands. Its anyones game today, I think they are 2 pretty evenly matched teams - stupid penalties like a few we saw last night on both teams might be a difference maker today. I dont think they like each other very much. lol

Comment

Does anyone know if the 2nd half will be streamed from UNT?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                Does anyone know if the 2nd half will be streamed from UNT?
                I havent been able to find anything about it or heard anything as of yet. I will post a link if I hear. The Commerce radio feed will be available here beginning at 1:30 pm: http://www.ketr.org/

Comment

I will assume that it will not be streamed. That would require MSU to take their equipment to Denton. I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Observer View Post
                    I will assume that it will not be streamed. That would require MSU to take their equipment to Denton. I could be wrong.
                    That sucks. Commerce should have slept in Ligon arena. Or on the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                      That was a fun first half to watch last night. MSU has some very elusive, quick backs. 3 or 4 times it looked like we had them bottled up at the line of scrimmage and they were able to juke & wiggle free for good gains. Commerce offense continues to show improvement. It was good to see Hobbs back at TE after only missing one game. Kane Wilson is still trying to force things a bit, resulting in picks, but I think that will improve with more playing time. Defense did a good job getting into the gaps Rabb was looking to run to, which he did successfully last year and ate us up with it. I think he was actually surprised to see defenders there a few times, which resulted in some uncharacteristic bad passes from him as he had to unload the ball. Our DBs did a good job defending his well thrown balls too, knocking 3 or 4 passes from the receivers hands. Its anyones game today, I think they are 2 pretty evenly matched teams - stupid penalties like a few we saw last night on both teams might be a difference maker today. I dont think they like each other very much. lol
                      Jake, I really feel like the Lions are in a must win today to make the playoffs.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/msumustangs/

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
                          Jake, I really feel like the Lions are in a must win today to make the playoffs.
                          That is likely true.

Comment

Comment

Where did the Lions end up staying last night, back at Commerece or in the Metro-Plex?

Comment

Originally posted by BJ Hawk View Post
                                Where did the Lions end up staying last night, back at Commerece or in the Metro-Plex?
                                Heard Denton.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X