Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: West Texas @ Angelo State

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
    If you want to be a consistent winner you MUST think outside the box.
    Yes. A foreign concept down there. We just point at the NAIA Championship banners and the number of former NFL players who played for the once great program and assume that will do the trick. :crying:

Comment

Originally posted by DIIguru View Post
      If a coaching change is needed to be made it should always be made on a coaches body of work not one season or one game. This is the awful trend in Athletics that dooms programs. I agree Angelo probably should have won this game, but West Texas is 5-2so they aren't a terrible football team. Also the officiating in this game was very one sided toward West Texas. If the officials keep their flags in their pockets Angelo probably would of had this one wrapped up at halftime. There were some legit call on Angelo but several were blatantly bad and they were only blatantly bad against Angelo..... the same call was going as a No Call for West Texas.

With that said in my opinion ASU has consistently underachieved. Even when they were competing for an LSC title with Kyle Washington at QB all they have to show for it is 1 playoff win. I will be the first to say I don't know the situation well enough to know what the resources and expectations are, but everyone seems to believe that Angelo St. has dumped a lot of money into the football program in Wagners tenure which would leave you to believe they wan't more success than what they are currently seeing.
      West Texas is actually getting good calls? Now that is a change.

Comment

If a coaching change is needed to be made it should always be made on a coaches body of work not one season or one game. This is the awful trend in Athletics that dooms programs. I agree Angelo probably should have won this game, but West Texas is 5-2so they aren't a terrible football team. Also the officiating in this game was very one sided toward West Texas. If the officials keep their flags in their pockets Angelo probably would of had this one wrapped up at halftime. There were some legit call on Angelo but several were blatantly bad and they were only blatantly bad against Angelo..... the same call was going as a No Call for West Texas.

With that said in my opinion ASU has consistently underachieved. Even when they were competing for an LSC title with Kyle Washington at QB all they have to show for it is 1 playoff win. I will be the first to say I don't know the situation well enough to know what the resources and expectations are, but everyone seems to believe that Angelo St. has dumped a lot of money into the football program in Wagners tenure which would leave you to believe they wan't more success than what they are currently seeing.
        Never in 28+ years has an officiating crew cost me a game.

If a few flags can cost a team a game, they have bigger problems than officiating. In this games, 2 INTs, only 20 mins of ball possession, avg of 29 yds per punt, 3 of 11 on 3rd down, etc....etc is what made the difference.

No sir, the officiating didnt lose this game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
            as Tech was in the Spike Dykes era, then by all means carry on.
            I wish the administration would come out and say something that would give us some sort of idea of where they are with football. I don't think they are okay with mediocrity, but if nothing happens after this year we will know for sure. And they will know why there are even fewer butts in the seats.

Comment

An AMAZING Punter.
              I remember a good Joe Kerbel story about punting. During a mid-60's game, the punter kicked two or three into the end zone. Kerbel rushed the kid on the sideline screaming "If you kick one more into the end zone, I'm going to kick your ass all the way to Amarillo and back. Hell, my grandmother can kick the ball into the end zone." The few punts made the rest of the way were all inside the 10 yard line.

:laugh:
              Last edited by BuffaloChip; 10-15-2018, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I think Colby is right where he belongs.....and will be there a long time.

Interesting....both Colby & Todd applied for ASU HC position during last search.
                Go get Don. He'd turn the program upside down and win right away.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                  West Texas is actually getting good calls? Now that is a change.
                  No sh!t! If it's true.

We're used to asking on which aisle the KY jelly is stocked.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
                    NO! Don isn't their guy. Mike Nesbitt - winning record at WT and apparently totally innocent of the Spanishgate accusations by the kicker who brought it to light. Perfect for ASU. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by WT_TKW View Post
                      NO! Don isn't their guy. Mike Nesbitt - winning record at WT and apparently totally innocent of the Spanishgate accusations by the kicker who brought it to light. Perfect for ASU. :wink:
                      You nailed it! Nesbitt would be a good fit for the Rams. I bet they could get him for $90K a year (or less).

Comment

• Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post

Does he really want to get back into coaching?

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                          Does he really want to get back into coaching?
                          No no no!

You would have to agree to hire McBroom at the same time.

Comment

I remember a good Joe Kerbel story about punting. During a mid-60's game, the punter kicked two or three into the end zone. Kerbel rushed the kid on the sideline screaming "If you kick one more into the end zone, I'm going to kick your ass all the way to Amarillo and back. Hell, my grandmother can kick the ball into the end zone." The few punts made the rest of the way were all inside the 10 yard line.

:laugh:
                            Hey, whatever motivates each player is what you must do!!

Comment

No sh!t! If it's true.

We're used to asking on which aisle the KY jelly is stocked.
                              Hahahahahaha

Comment

I think ASU would close down the football program first.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X