Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT - Wt WBB

Originally posted by GoBuffsGo View Post
    Anyone know anything about the 2 new signees, one from Sweden and one from Lubbock Coronado?
    Lubbock Cooper.

I watched highlight videos on the Swede. She reminds me of Allie Decker. Good size. Has a very good outside shot with a quick release. I'd peg her right now as a "shooter" who will need to adjust to the American game. She'll have to get more physical. The Swede game is not that. Give Kristen and her staff a year or two for her to adjust to the speed and physicality and we'll have a heck of a player. In the meantime, she's an excellent spot-up outside shooter.

I'm told the Cooper girl is a baller. Tough, skilled, a team kid all the way. She should fit in immediately. Very high BB IQ. The thing that stood out about her......."she's a winner."

More kids to come. Maybe as many as three. Hopefully we get the release soon, like tomorrow.
    Last edited by BuffaloChip; 06-25-2019, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
      Lubbock Cooper.

I watched highlight videos on the Swede. She reminds me of Allie Decker. Good size. Has a very good outside shot with a quick release. I'd peg her right now as a "shooter" who will need to adjust to the American game. She'll have to get more physical. The Swede game is not that. Give Kristen and her staff a year or two for her to adjust to the speed and physicality and we'll have a heck of a player. In the meantime, she's an excellent spot-up outside shooter.

I'm told the Cooper girl is a baller. Tough, skilled, a team kid all the way. She should fit in immediately. Very high BB IQ. The thing that stood out about her......."she's a winner."

More kids to come. Maybe as many as three. Hopefully we get the release soon, like tomorrow.
      There is a transfer from Georgia Southern I think. She played some as a freshman but no stats this last year as a sophomore

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
        There is a transfer from Georgia Southern I think. She played some as a freshman but no stats this last year as a sophomore
        Ella Felkins from Spring, TX. Believe she is a sophomore as the Georgia Southern roster I saw shows to be for 2019-20, so am guessing her leaving is not expected. https://gseagles.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

Comment

Originally posted by ras619 View Post
          Ella Felkins from Spring, TX. Believe she is a sophomore as the Georgia Southern roster I saw shows to be for 2019-20, so am guessing her leaving is not expected. https://gseagles.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
          I didn't even think to pay attention to the season. Most schools are still defaulted to last year's roster. Thanks

Comment

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/6/26...-campaign.aspx

Transfer from Simon Fraser signed.

Comment

Interesting, wonder why the big move for her since she was from up North

Comment

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/6/27...a-felkins.aspx

Add one more to our list of signees. Ella Felkins, transfer from Georgia Southern!

Comment

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/6/28...20-season.aspx

And add one more. A sophomore transfer from the U of Vermont from Washington, DC.

Comment

https://gobuffsgo.com/news/2019/6/28...20-season.aspx

And add one more. A sophomore transfer from the U of Vermont from Washington, DC.
                    I hear she's the real deal.

Well, recruiting's finished for the 2019-2020 season. Lady Buffs return a great stable of performers. Inside: 6'5 Tianna Parker, the starter sidelined by an early injury last year. 6'3 Abbie Spurgin, most improved player, had some killer games last year. 6'1 Bralyn Dollar, terrific athleticism with huge upside, my pick as al conference as a junior. Inside/outside: 5'11 Mary Foster. Outside: 5'8 AA starter Lexy Hightower. 5'9 returning PG starter Megan Gamble. 5'7 returning starter Delaney Nix. 5'10 Natalie Linden, who played thru several nagging injuries last year and if healthy should have a stellar senior season. Those 8 players by themselves ought be worth 28 wins. If 2 of the new recruits are good enough to crack the 8/9 rotation, push that win total up to 30+.

The West pod is going to be brutal. WT, LCU, ASU, and Eastern will be at each other's throats. The west pod might hang an extra loss or two on their teams, but the pods team's strength of schedule will be thru the roof. Tarleton, Commerce, and Kingsville for instance, will struggle with SOS because of the weakness of the new teams in the conference. Before, with everybody playing a home and home, SOS was .500 for all. Not so anymore.

Comment

Well, recruiting's finished for the 2019-2020 season. Lady Buffs return a great stable of performers. Inside: 6'5 Tianna Parker, the starter sidelined by an early injury last year. 6'3 Abbie Spurgin, most improved player, had some killer games last year. 6'1 Bralyn Dollar, terrific athleticism with huge upside, my pick as al conference as a junior. Inside/outside: 5'11 Mary Foster. Outside: 5'8 AA starter Lexy Hightower. 5'9 returning PG starter Megan Gamble. 5'7 returning starter Delaney Nix. 5'10 Natalie Linden, who played thru several nagging injuries last year and if healthy should have a stellar senior season. Those 8 players by themselves ought be worth 28 wins. If 2 of the new recruits are good enough to crack the 8/9 rotation, push that win total up to 30+.

The West pod is going to be brutal. WT, LCU, ASU, and Eastern will be at each other's throats. The west pod might hang an extra loss or two on their teams, but the pods team's strength of schedule will be thru the roof. Tarleton, Commerce, and Kingsville for instance, will struggle with SOS because of the weakness of the new teams in the conference. Before, with everybody playing a home and home, SOS was .500 for all. Not so anymore.
                      I think you should start being the writer for the Lady Buffs basketball press releases and season previews. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Buff Fan 05 View Post
                        I think you should start being the writer for the Lady Buffs basketball press releases and season previews. Haha
                        I'll second that. Or maybe he should just volunteer to work in the AGN sports department and just report on WTAMU.

Comment

I think we should expand the game to 5 periods just to get everyone enough playing time. IMHO once again the determining factor will be injuries to key players. If Parker or Hightower go down we will be hard pressed to find a replacement for those players. I remember Brister's Sr. year. We were closing in on an NC and lost her to a season-ending knee injury. We will be very good, however, like most teams, we need to stay healthy.

Comment

The Javelinas announce the hiring of Kayla Weaver as the new Asst Head Coach for the Womens' Basketball team. She has a pretty good resume and has worked for Madrid before.
                            Good luck and welcome to Hog Nation!!!

GO HOGS!!!

Comment

I know LCU is the defending NC. We will see how they hold up without the cakewalk schedule. It's clear that the LCS Champion will come from the West pod.

Comment

Originally posted by WTAMU1975 View Post
                                I think we should expand the game to 5 periods just to get everyone enough playing time. IMHO once again the determining factor will be injuries to key players. If Parker or Hightower go down we will be hard pressed to find a replacement for those players. I remember Brister's Sr. year. We were closing in on an NC and lost her to a season-ending knee injury. We will be very good, however, like most teams, we need to stay healthy.
                                That's a given. Projections can go out the window in a heartbeat if one or two key players go down with injury. A key injury in FB is 5% of your starters. A key injury in BB is 20%.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X