Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT - Wt WBB

ALSO.....I love when people say "its hard to beat a team twice (three, four, five...whatever) times". Such a BS excuse.

You want to be the BEST? You want to go to the "BIG DANCE", "THE SHOW", "THE SHIP", etc? You better be able to beat WHATEVER team is in front of you.....or you're out. Period. That's the game, stop whining about it.

Comment

For what it's worth, future LSC member Lubbock Christian won their second women's basketball national championship in four seasons with a 95-85 overtime win over Southwestern Oklahoma State. And, if I'm not mistaken, LCU and WTAMU are going to be in the same pod next season for basketball. That should be an interesting rivalry in the making...
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
        For what it's worth, future LSC member Lubbock Christian won their second women's basketball national championship in four seasons with a 95-85 overtime win over Southwestern Oklahoma State. And, if I'm not mistaken, LCU and WTAMU are going to be in the same pod next season for basketball. That should be an interesting rivalry in the making...
        Right now, everybody is saying "LCU won't have it so easy in the LSC. They have to play WT and Angelo twice each year, plus Commerce and Tarleton." I'm not so sure. LCU has to be the benchmark. If they aren't the preseason pick to win the LSC, I'll be very surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloChip View Post
          Right now, everybody is saying "LCU won't have it so easy in the LSC. They have to play WT and Angelo twice each year, plus Commerce and Tarleton." I'm not so sure. LCU has to be the benchmark. If they aren't the preseason pick to win the LSC, I'll be very surprised.
          Sure they will be the preseason pick, their the defending NC. Don't know who is coming back for LCU. Talked to a former Lady Buff Head Coach who agrees with you. He said it's like watching a CHS team play. (Joe Lombard team) LCU is not the fastest, strongest or biggest team. They have a high basketball IQ and don't make mistakes. With that being said, still don't think LCU wins regular season or tourment. Will they be a factor - yes, of course. It will be interesting in our pod.

Edit: Checked the LCU roster, they lost 2 seniors. We lost 3, Parker is coming back with a red-shirt.
          Last edited by Great White Buffalo; 04-02-2019, 07:22 PM.
          The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Originally posted by Great White Buffalo View Post
            Sure they will be the preseason pick, their the defending NC. Don't know who is coming back for LCU. Talked to a former Lady Buff Head Coach who agrees with you. He said it's like watching a CHS team play. (Joe Lombard team) LCU is not the fastest, strongest or biggest team. They have a high basketball IQ and don't make mistakes. With that being said, still don't think LCU wins regular season or tourment. Will they be a factor - yes, of course. It will be interesting in our pod.
            It's going to be interesting to see who WT signs for next year. We lost three seniors, 6'5 post Tyesha Taylor (1st team all LSC), 5'8 rebounding phenom Deliyah Harris (2nd team LSC), and backup PG Reagen Haynes. Luckily, 6'5 post Tianna Parker will return from a medical RS for her senior season. Everybody else is back, including LSC MVP Lexy Hightower.

Coach mattio, IMO, needs to find a great 3 year D1 transfer post (2 year player if necessary), a super duper HS PG, and a (preferably HS but a transfer is she fills the bill) wing/forward (3/4) with good size, length, and athleticism, able to knock down the open three, but who can challenge defenders by taking it to the glass.

Right now, WT can put on the floor returning PG Megan Gamble, wing Lexy Hightower, wing Natalie Linden, posts Tianna Parker and Abbie Spurgin, future all-LSC forward Braylon Dollar, returning starting wing freshman Delaney Nix, and shooter Lucy Burke, who was a bit of a disappointment last year (but can drain the three) and needs to get it together next year. You could go to war with that group. Trust me. Add three more ready-for-prime time players......and Lady Buff BB will be challenging LCU for regional bragging rights.

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see who WT signs for next year. We lost three seniors, 6'5 post Tyesha Taylor (1st team all LSC), 5'8 rebounding phenom Deliyah Harris (2nd team LSC), and backup PG Reagen Haynes. Luckily, 6'5 post Tianna Parker will return from a medical RS for her senior season. Everybody else is back, including LSC MVP Lexy Hightower.

Coach mattio, IMO, needs to find a great 3 year D1 transfer post (2 year player if necessary), a super duper HS PG, and a (preferably HS but a transfer is she fills the bill) wing/forward (3/4) with good size, length, and athleticism, able to knock down the open three, but who can challenge defenders by taking it to the glass.

Right now, WT can put on the floor returning PG Megan Gamble, wing Lexy Hightower, wing Natalie Linden, posts Tianna Parker and Abbie Spurgin, future all-LSC forward Braylon Dollar, returning starting wing freshman Delaney Nix, and shooter Lucy Burke, who was a bit of a disappointment last year (but can drain the three) and needs to get it together next year. You could go to war with that group. Trust me. Add three more ready-for-prime time players......and Lady Buff BB will be challenging LCU for regional bragging rights.
              Custer's last words to his troops.

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                Haha! Thanks for the laugh with my morning coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by ASUPops View Post
                  We'll revisit that next March.

Comment

Any of these girls going to pass up D1 or Ivy offers to come to Canyon? :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                      Any of these girls going to pass up D1 or Ivy offers to come to Canyon? :wink:
                      There is a current Canyon High player who has lower level D1 offers who is "leaning heavily" towards Wt.
                      Wants to stay home with friends and family. This is the word I hear from family members. (father)
                      I also look for another international player (Sweden) to be added.

So the answer to you your question is yes.
                      The Great White Buffalo has Returned

Comment

Power 5 transfer is also leaning heavily towards WT.

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                          Power 5 transfer is also leaning heavily towards WT.
                          The way I hear it, the entire UCONN recruiting class is mulling over signing with WT.

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post
                            The way I hear it, the entire UCONN recruiting class is mulling over signing with WT.
                            I hear you could go to war with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ETSU_LION View Post

Comment

Originally posted by WT_ALUM08 View Post
                                Nope, not one bit. Turns out we have the same amount of Elite 8 appearances the past two years with all of these recruits!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X