• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT - Wt WBB

ENMU up 8 with 8 minutes to play

Comment

If Eastern could hit a 3 today, this game wouldn't be close...but they aren't and WT is within striking distance (which isn't a comfortable place to be for Eastern)

Comment

Eastern up 2 with 1 minute to play. WT Ball

Comment

Absolutely terrible (questionable at best) foul call on Eastern is :04 left with Eastern clinging to a 1 point lead. Eastern played absolutely perfect defense and got bailed out at the last second.

Terrible, terrible call

Hightower makes both, WT up 1 with :04 left.

Comment

Well WT was beat fair & square and the refs bailed them out. Lucky to win that one.

Comment

Man, if I am Eastern I am pissed. Absolutely terrible call (at least from my perspective watching the live feed) that bailed out WT. Eastern lead for 39+ minutes, played great defense the entire final sequence to get bailed out by an official with what ended up being .7 seconds left on the clock.

All of that to say, you can't expect to win this game without scoring in the final 2:30 minutes like Eastern did. You just hate to see a great game like that be decided by an official. But hat's off to Lexi Hightower who hit the 2 biggest free throws of her life to give WT the win.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                Well WT was beat fair & square and the refs bailed them out. Lucky to win that one.
                Did you watch the live stream? What were your thoughts on the call?

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                  Did you watch the live stream? What were your thoughts on the call?
                  Yeah Eastern knew what was coming and got Hightower to dribble right into a trap. She threw up a panic heave toward the basket and the refs somehow called a foul. It was painfully bad.

Comment

Yeah Eastern knew what was coming and got Hightower to dribble right into a trap. She threw up a panic heave toward the basket and the refs somehow called a foul. It was painfully bad.

Comment

Well the WT fans are going to argue "contact" and the ENMU fans will argue "block." Im a commerce fan so not gonna argue other than to say it was a bull**** call there.

Comment

Well the WT fans are going to argue "contact" and the ENMU fans will argue "block." Im a commerce fan so not gonna argue other than to say it was a bull**** call there.
                        Agreed, swallow the whistle unless it is absolutely egregious

Comment

Comment

But did she hit the ball, was the contact before touching the ball? I'm with Jake here, that isn't a foul in that situation. Officials shouldn't bail you out for heaving it up

Comment

Originally posted by ASURAM2010 View Post
                              But did she hit the ball, was the contact before touching the ball? I'm with Jake here, that isn't a foul in that situation. Officials shouldn't bail you out for heaving it up

Comment

I don't have a problem with it because I'm 20 ft from where she got the ball and she was fouled several times before the shot. Double bonus and two shots regardless. Screw Eastern

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X